MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2008-06-01, 05:34
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
^ Well, the whole VK scene is pretty underground in Japan. But overseas it's spreading like a plague. The music may be pretty generic for a VK band, but they have clearly talent. Their bassist is one of the best I've ever heard. (his improvisations are especially good in lives) And the guitarist can play just as any other metal guitarist. But they are indeed a bit too poppy for most fans of metal.
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2008-06-01, 07:06
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
I just checked my Email and I did get a link to this band from one of my JP pals a few day ago. I can dig the pride JP rock and metal has for home grown music but I think most is way to emo/pop focused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQD...feature=related

Never thought I would type this but I believe Dur En Grey are god like compared to most modern JP rock/metal. Funny thing is most JP hate them now lol. They have been westernized people say.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2008-06-01 at 07:08.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2008-06-01, 07:21
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
^ I've heard only one japanese emo band. I'm pretty sure everyone consideres most bands emo, because they look good, but the music is nothing like the generic american emo bands.

Lawl, personally I hate Dir en grey. Their lives are absolutely terrible. The first album they released after they stopped dressing up like faggots was awesome, but everything after that is just crappy. With a few expections.
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:01
CannibalXampire's Avatar
CannibalXampire CannibalXampire is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,216
Send a message via AIM to CannibalXampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
I'm 100% sure it applies to some metalheads. Every genre has it's retards. Again, not speaking of anyone here.

Edit: I think it would be smart to lock this thread, because this is getting ridiculously immature. You're refusing to see this whole thing from my point of view and questioning everything I say. Grow the fuck up and someone lock the thread. Thanks.

See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
^ Well, the whole VK scene is pretty underground in Japan. But overseas it's spreading like a plague. The music may be pretty generic for a VK band, but they have clearly talent. Their bassist is one of the best I've ever heard. (his improvisations are especially good in lives) And the guitarist can play just as any other metal guitarist. But they are indeed a bit too poppy for most fans of metal.

This can be accurately translated into something like "I think that Cannibal Corpse is underground because they aren't on MTV."
Visual Kei is not underground. Nice try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
^ I've heard only one japanese emo band. I'm pretty sure everyone consideres most bands emo, because they look good, but the music is nothing like the generic american emo bands.

Keep generalizing about people's opinions.
And the fact that you keep using the term "emo" just proves that you have no knowledge of musical genres.
__________________
HAI GAIZ! U CAN BE IMPRESSED I DO DRUGS NOW?!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:30
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
^ I saw that coming.

"See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!""

That's exactly what I meant. I thought under 12-year olds aren't allowed to register here.
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2008-06-01, 13:27
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
No, I didn't mean it like that. It wasn't pointed at anyone specificly. But I'm not that wrong to say that at least some people here refuse to even give a chance to some band because of the way they dress. Though the singers voice is pretty unique and many people don't like the language so I can clearly see how some people think they're bad.


The point is, oldman, you were directing your close-minded comment on some individuals here. There wouldn't be a point of just randomly stating that without a reason. I don't think any of us decided not to like their music because of the way they dress, I think it is simply the fact that their music being terrible just makes the whole image-concerned (a thing a lot of metalheads hate, ironically enough most being just that) factor worse.

The singers voice is not unique. He isn't doing anything remotely special or anything that hasn't been done a bunch before. Not liking the language they speak in doesn't make them bad, and I doubt anyone would dismiss a band because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
I'm 100% sure it applies to some metalheads. Every genre has it's retards. Again, not speaking of anyone here.

Edit: I think it would be smart to lock this thread, because this is getting ridiculously immature. You're refusing to see this whole thing from my point of view and questioning everything I say. Grow the fuck up and someone lock the thread. Thanks.


Again, you're speaking of the people here that dislike the bands you post which is why I said the whole comment about it being gay that someone labels someone close minded for not liking something they like. And, you're right: every genre does have its retards. The VK genre just happens to be retards.

Look at it from your point of view? Think about how that is retarded for a moment.

This thread isn't getting out of control or getting immature. Aside from Xannibal's simple replies, everyone is just commenting on what they think of what you posted and if most of that happens to be negative (or positive depending how you look at it in the sense that its a good thing a lot of people don't like that crap) doesn't mean everyone is being immature, or, again, close minded.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2008-06-01 at 13:31.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2008-06-01, 13:43
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
1. English is not my native language. Aka I'm not able to fully express myself. (not that it's an excuse)

2. I never called anyone who posted in this thread close minded. Just some people overall. What I've seen in real life or previously on this site. I know you and many other people here pretty well. As well as I can learn to know someone through internet. You've never liked the kind of music I like. Which is ok, because I don't like the music you like either. Again, read the 1st part.

"Look at it from your point of view? Think about how that is retarded for a moment."

I meant that I can see how you think the music is terrible. But you don't even give a chance to see how someone might actually like them. I like their music. How fucking hard is that to understand?
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2008-06-01, 14:31
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I understand that you like this "music" - but why should I try to see how you like it? I really don't care.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:28
CannibalXampire's Avatar
CannibalXampire CannibalXampire is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,216
Send a message via AIM to CannibalXampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
^ I saw that coming.

"See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!""

That's exactly what I meant. I thought under 12-year olds aren't allowed to register here.

So...you're under 12 years old? Try again.
__________________
HAI GAIZ! U CAN BE IMPRESSED I DO DRUGS NOW?!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2008-06-02, 03:20
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I understand that you like this "music" - but why should I try to see how you like it? I really don't care.


Good point. But if you don't like them, gtfo. I don't bash your crap.
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2008-06-02, 11:06
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I gave them an honest listen and gave my honest opinion.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2008-06-02, 13:36
Theoldman's Avatar
Theoldman Theoldman is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cafe Le Psyence
Posts: 1,023
Fair enough.
__________________
R.I.P. hide 1964 - 1998 <------- PRESS HERE!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.