Post-whore

Matenrou Opera

I'll let the music speak for itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjD8opnLj0M

Old 2008-05-15, 21:36
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

God fucking dammit, that was awful. Why do you continue to post this shit?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-05-15, 22:47
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Whatever. You just don't get it. Their eyes...their makeup...it's good because of these things.

Old 2008-05-16, 06:02
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

That was fucking awful. The only reason you can get away with this is because of the other awesome band you posted

Old 2008-05-16, 07:20
Theoldman
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Whatever. You just don't get it. Their eyes...their makeup...it's good because of these things.

If that was the case, this site would be full of my threads. Stop making retarded assumptions. That's 3 bands so far.

Old 2008-05-16, 13:35
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

They sound like a Japanese 'Fallout Boy' with a touch of Down Syndrome coming from the vocalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-05-16, 14:30
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldman
If that was the case, this site would be full of my threads. Stop making retarded assumptions. That's 3 bands so far.

How many more until you admit you don't care about the music?

Old 2008-05-16, 14:47
Theoldman
Post-whore

How many more until you believe I actually like the music? I admit it that most japanese bands suck balls. But believe it or not, I actually like the music some bands do. Not everyone have to look like ugly guys with greasy woman hair to make good music.

Old 2008-05-16, 18:42
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Psychology will do some crazy shit, won't it?

Old 2008-05-16, 19:03
Theoldman
Post-whore

Not really.

Old 2008-05-30, 16:31
Kur3nai
New Blood

i like them^^
but i think that twilight parade wasn't a good example for their music~
honey drop is much better

Old 2008-05-30, 17:48
Theoldman
Post-whore

^ Yeah. They're not even 100% metal, so I'm not that surprised at people's reaction. I should have known better after being a member for like 3 years, that people here are too close minded for this kind of stuff. Can't blame them, though. :B

Old 2008-05-30, 18:20
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

I hope to fucking god you weren't calling me close minded.

Old 2008-05-30, 19:00
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

It's REALLY annoying when someone (or some band) calls everyone close minded because they think the material they're being presenting is down-right awful.

"You totally disagree with my musical tastes?! Fuck, you're so close minded!"
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-05-31, 09:48
Theoldman
Post-whore

No, I didn't mean it like that. It wasn't pointed at anyone specificly. But I'm not that wrong to say that at least some people here refuse to even give a chance to some band because of the way they dress. Though the singers voice is pretty unique and many people don't like the language so I can clearly see how some people think they're bad.

Old 2008-05-31, 16:26
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I can honesetly say that i've never judged a band on the way they dress. It just so happens that the majority of the time when they dress like a bunch of fucking idiots, their music sucks too. I really don't see how you can get any enjoyment whatsoever from this music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2008-05-31, 16:39
Theoldman
Post-whore

^ I don't think you've heard enough. There are all kinds of bands from pop to grindcore that dress up like that. I don't like the kind of music that the majority here like, so I'm not that surprised. I listen to more rock than metal nowadays anyway.

Old 2008-05-31, 17:11
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
No, I didn't mean it like that. It wasn't pointed at anyone specificly. But I'm not that wrong to say that at least some people here refuse to even give a chance to some band because of the way they dress. Though the singers voice is pretty unique and many people don't like the language so I can clearly see how some people think they're bad.

Doubt any of this applies to people here.

Unique voice? Not really.

Old 2008-06-01, 08:53
Theoldman
Post-whore

I'm 100% sure it applies to some metalheads. Every genre has it's retards. Again, not speaking of anyone here.

Edit: I think it would be smart to lock this thread, because this is getting ridiculously immature. You're refusing to see this whole thing from my point of view and questioning everything I say. Grow the fuck up and someone lock the thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Theoldman : 2008-06-01 at 09:00.

Old 2008-06-01, 10:17
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
I'll let the music speak for itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjD8opnLj0M

I'm going to take a chance and just report what I think here. I have been playing FFXI for 5 years and the image in the youtube link is nice. I have made a few cool JP friends while playing this game. Most JP players dismiss North American and Europe players as retards. Most are anyways.

This music is good and well done but... the whole sound is pop culture BS. Kinda like when the Emo thing started to get popular a few years ago in the US. Nothing substantial.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2008-06-01 at 10:20.

Old 2008-06-01, 10:34
Theoldman
Post-whore

^ Well, the whole VK scene is pretty underground in Japan. But overseas it's spreading like a plague. The music may be pretty generic for a VK band, but they have clearly talent. Their bassist is one of the best I've ever heard. (his improvisations are especially good in lives) And the guitarist can play just as any other metal guitarist. But they are indeed a bit too poppy for most fans of metal.

Old 2008-06-01, 12:06
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I just checked my Email and I did get a link to this band from one of my JP pals a few day ago. I can dig the pride JP rock and metal has for home grown music but I think most is way to emo/pop focused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQD...feature=related

Never thought I would type this but I believe Dur En Grey are god like compared to most modern JP rock/metal. Funny thing is most JP hate them now lol. They have been westernized people say.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2008-06-01 at 12:08.

Old 2008-06-01, 12:21
Theoldman
Post-whore

^ I've heard only one japanese emo band. I'm pretty sure everyone consideres most bands emo, because they look good, but the music is nothing like the generic american emo bands.

Lawl, personally I hate Dir en grey. Their lives are absolutely terrible. The first album they released after they stopped dressing up like faggots was awesome, but everything after that is just crappy. With a few expections.

Old 2008-06-01, 17:01
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
I'm 100% sure it applies to some metalheads. Every genre has it's retards. Again, not speaking of anyone here.

Edit: I think it would be smart to lock this thread, because this is getting ridiculously immature. You're refusing to see this whole thing from my point of view and questioning everything I say. Grow the fuck up and someone lock the thread. Thanks.

See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!"

Quote:
^ Well, the whole VK scene is pretty underground in Japan. But overseas it's spreading like a plague. The music may be pretty generic for a VK band, but they have clearly talent. Their bassist is one of the best I've ever heard. (his improvisations are especially good in lives) And the guitarist can play just as any other metal guitarist. But they are indeed a bit too poppy for most fans of metal.

This can be accurately translated into something like "I think that Cannibal Corpse is underground because they aren't on MTV."
Visual Kei is not underground. Nice try though.

Quote:
^ I've heard only one japanese emo band. I'm pretty sure everyone consideres most bands emo, because they look good, but the music is nothing like the generic american emo bands.

Keep generalizing about people's opinions.
And the fact that you keep using the term "emo" just proves that you have no knowledge of musical genres.

Old 2008-06-01, 17:30
Theoldman
Post-whore

^ I saw that coming.

"See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!""

That's exactly what I meant. I thought under 12-year olds aren't allowed to register here.

Old 2008-06-01, 18:27
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

The point is, oldman, you were directing your close-minded comment on some individuals here. There wouldn't be a point of just randomly stating that without a reason. I don't think any of us decided not to like their music because of the way they dress, I think it is simply the fact that their music being terrible just makes the whole image-concerned (a thing a lot of metalheads hate, ironically enough most being just that) factor worse.

The singers voice is not unique. He isn't doing anything remotely special or anything that hasn't been done a bunch before. Not liking the language they speak in doesn't make them bad, and I doubt anyone would dismiss a band because of that.

Quote:

Again, you're speaking of the people here that dislike the bands you post which is why I said the whole comment about it being gay that someone labels someone close minded for not liking something they like. And, you're right: every genre does have its retards. The VK genre just happens to be retards.

Look at it from your point of view? Think about how that is retarded for a moment.

This thread isn't getting out of control or getting immature. Aside from Xannibal's simple replies, everyone is just commenting on what they think of what you posted and if most of that happens to be negative (or positive depending how you look at it in the sense that its a good thing a lot of people don't like that crap) doesn't mean everyone is being immature, or, again, close minded.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2008-06-01 at 18:31.

Old 2008-06-01, 18:43
Theoldman
Post-whore

1. English is not my native language. Aka I'm not able to fully express myself. (not that it's an excuse)

2. I never called anyone who posted in this thread close minded. Just some people overall. What I've seen in real life or previously on this site. I know you and many other people here pretty well. As well as I can learn to know someone through internet. You've never liked the kind of music I like. Which is ok, because I don't like the music you like either. Again, read the 1st part.

"Look at it from your point of view? Think about how that is retarded for a moment."

I meant that I can see how you think the music is terrible. But you don't even give a chance to see how someone might actually like them. I like their music. How fucking hard is that to understand?

Old 2008-06-01, 19:31
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I understand that you like this "music" - but why should I try to see how you like it? I really don't care.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-06-01, 20:28
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
^ I saw that coming.

"See it from your point of view? You mean "Oh shit not only are they Japanese but they dress stupid! If I like them, it will surely show everyone how open-minded I am!""

That's exactly what I meant. I thought under 12-year olds aren't allowed to register here.

So...you're under 12 years old? Try again.

Old 2008-06-02, 08:20
Theoldman
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I understand that you like this "music" - but why should I try to see how you like it? I really don't care.

Good point. But if you don't like them, gtfo. I don't bash your crap.

Old 2008-06-02, 16:06
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I gave them an honest listen and gave my honest opinion.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-06-02, 18:36
Theoldman
Post-whore

Fair enough.