Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2008-05-07, 21:59
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Hmm, it seems like there's quite a few HS seniors here.

Perhaps.
Old 2008-05-08, 05:54
Drugged Unholy

Join the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Old 2008-05-08, 07:16
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
dont do that, haha
Old 2008-05-08, 09:59
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
dont do that, haha

Got something against joining the military?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2008-05-08, 12:27
the siamese

Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
dont do that, haha

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:40
Slayer of dumb cunts

Any real reason why?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:45
the siamese

Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
well, in my opinion, there is more in life than joining army, nothing against army itself but, i think knowledge is way more important than obey of what your country told you...i know there are actually more than ''obeying'' but, its my opinion

Quote:
Old 2008-05-08, 12:55
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Trying college is a good idea, but in that time you should actually make a commitment to giving it all you have while you're there.

I would highly recommend trying most of the ideas listed here (looking for jobs, giving it some time) but the army is not a good thing to look at out of high school. There is so much more that you can give a try, really.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Last edited by JoeYngVai : 2008-05-08 at 12:57.
Old 2008-05-08, 13:12
Drugged Unholy

I think anyone who doesn't know what they want should join the militay, instead of being a waste of life living in your parents basement hogging all their funds...or working a low paying job that really won't get you anywhere anyway... or go to college and don't take it seriously and end up dropping out and wasting thousands. Go Military. That'll put ya on the right path. Don't listen to Bob, he's Canadian. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Old 2008-05-08, 13:24
wigger/redneck/drunkard

join a cult

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Old 2008-05-08, 13:36
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
i was talking about this with a friend, just last night. one of our good highschool friends is in the army right now. he joined because he didnt know what to do after we graduated, and he hated/hates school. apparently hes "finishing" his term soon. he said he doesnt have much of a choice now, and is expected to go to school. i dont know all the "benefits" of joining, but other than those, it seems like he wasted his time. hes back in front of the school doors, and doesnt want to walk in, anymore than he didnt, 3 years ago. IMO, his brothers situation is worse. his brother went for a term in the navy, then he came back to live with his mom. he works at a local call center, making little more than my other friend did when he took a temporary job there. i think the problem (if seen as such) is that sooo many fucking people are joining now. im assuming the benefits arnt even half of what they used to be. and finally, i have a different friend that joined the navy too. he said that one of the biggest mistakes hes ever made, was listening to that random recruiter that told him everything he "thought he wanted to hear".

i have absolutely no patience for the recruiters ive had the discomfort of conversing with. do they not know the meaning of harassment? i literally had to tell this guy (on like the 6th call he made to my house) "im not joining the fucking army. EVER. dont call. dont ask. and i cant stress this enough: fuck off. *click*" it worked.

this is what little ive picked up on, over a few years. and i think there is a significant difference in joining the army because you want to fight for your country, and joining the army because you dont want to go to school... which is exactly what was just suggested, above.

Last edited by timedragon : 2008-05-08 at 16:46.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:42
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
...or working a low paying job that really won't get you anywhere anyway...

Thats the army.
Old 2008-05-08, 16:44
the siamese

Quote:
I think anyone who doesn't know what they want should join the militay, instead of being a waste of life living in your parents basement hogging all their funds...or working a low paying job that really won't get you anywhere anyway... or go to college and don't take it seriously and end up dropping out and wasting thousands. Go Military. That'll put ya on the right path. Don't listen to Bob, he's Canadian. Haha

you know, its only a matter of time, thats why i think there is more than joining military.

Exploring, working with a low paying job are 2 important experiences to try, so college is.

Instead of doing what your governement want you to do, do what is more important for you, ill try the job, traveling and then college.

Quote:
Old 2008-05-08, 18:28
Slayer of dumb cunts

Ok unless you are in the military go ahead and assume you have no idea what it is about or teaches you.

My dad was in the marine corps for 20 years and until i joined i didn't know anything about it. (even though i most certainly thought i did, and all my friends in similar situations thought as well.)

The military teaches you so much about living a productive life that to say "it teaches you to do what your country asks" is about as fucking stupid as it gets.

It teaches you responsibilities, discipline, people skills, team work, compassion and comradery just to name a few. It doesn't just teach you them you are forced to learn them. But not even just learn them but to understand their value.

The vast portion of the population fails to learn these things as they start their careers and its very apparent that college doesn't teach you these at all. Maybe tiny bits of some of these but hardly like the military does.

The military forces you to grow up and see the world as it really is. You afraid to follow orders? Do you really think that when you get a real job you don't abide by the SAME rules as you do in the military? Appearance, timeliness, cooperation, and FOLLOWING orders given to you? Hell its even more difficult in the civilian world cause alot of times your performance is much higher in evaluation than a government job.

I can tell you from both worlds cause guess what i've been in both, you learn more about life in 1 year of the military than all 4 years of college.

There is a reason why active and former military looks down at the general populace. Because they're nasty, stupid, and ignorant. Its not too common to find people who pick up good habits over time.

This isn't the appropriate thread to be discussion personal afflictions with these choices. Hes looking for things that are going to positively move him forward in life. Why limit him? Thats the same stupid fucking attitude california seems to have with this extreme liberal stance of removing recruiters from college campuses. Give them all the options, their pros and cons and let him decide. Stop fucking deciding for him.

Community College
4 Year university
Getting a basic entry level real job
Military
Union jobs

Any others?

Last edited by tmfreak : 2008-05-08 at 18:34.
Old 2008-05-08, 19:22
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Learn a trade. That way you'll always have a job, you'll be making ~30 bucks an hour, plus your skill will actually be useful, compared to some desk job where you're not really even... useful

Probably the best advice on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2008-05-09, 11:29
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Why limit him?

true. it still is an option that is good for some, and better for others. it just so happens that i know a few who it wasnt so great for, but they chose it anyway (and then shortly after, came complaining to me about it).

two weeks after that highschool friend joined, he told me that he had said to himself "holy shit, theres a war going on". like he hadnt even considered that, before getting in... which is pretty ridiculous because did he not just ignore the sole purpose of the army? i said "i could have reminded you of the war, but i thought you had that much covered...".

in my last post, it possibly looked like im just trying to bash army/military/navy or whatever, but im really not. ive just never really vented on how irresponsibly hasty some of my friends were about it.

and TM, im sure there are some great personality benefits that i wasnt considering, and many people really do need that. im not so sure about that whole 1 yr of military>4 years of college, life business. you learn about THAT life. "life" isnt the same for everyone. and that life certainly is not for everyone.

Last edited by timedragon : 2008-05-10 at 14:02.
Old 2008-05-09, 15:37
Slayer of dumb cunts

The post i did wasn't intended for you so much, rather venting on anti-military ideas based off of bs information.

You are absolutely right. There are definitely people, ALOT of people who jump into it without the information of what they're going to be doing and end up hating it.

Its not for everyone. It is an OPTION, a very good one that shouldn't be thrown out without proper information.

I agree with your last statements, but i there are alot of good civic and responsible personalities that are gained via military that you just simply won't get in college.

The only reason i get heated over this is I personally know what happens in the military and i know how that some people find it great, and others not so much.

Needless to say having military background on your resume is very big. It in alot of ways is equivalent to a 4 year degree, especially if you know how to swing it that way. (this is one of the things you learn about the real world, that you don't learn in college, and thats how to really represent yourself and give presence in a job interview)
Old 2008-05-09, 16:02
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Thats the army.

lol exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2008-05-09, 17:17
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Don't listen to Bob, he's French Canadian. Haha

fixed that for you.

tm is right about the military. it will teach you a lot of valuable things that you can and most likely will carry on with you into the civilian world as well as your personal life.

part of the reason i decided to join is because i was doing the post college office job thing and it wasn't really doing it for me. not only was i just getting by..i wasn't really moving forward all that much either in a number of areas. the sad part about it was that i was comfortable enough that i didn't really push myself to make any big changes.

now i'll be making more money than i ever have before, i'll have full health insurance..something i haven't had in years, i'll learn about all kinds of things that i can apply to later jobs after i get out or retire, and also will be able to do and see things that most people never get to experience.

it's definitely not for everyone, and i'd have even laughed at you if two years ago you'd say i'd be doing what i'm doing now. it's up to the individual to decide..i'd be lying if i didn't say i miss how my life used to be. as of right now, i've sacrificed a lot of freedoms i had just under a month ago. fortunately, it's only temporary and i'll regain many of those freedoms once i'm out of the initial training.
Old 2008-06-08, 22:59
Noob lud

If you don't know what to do, i'd go to college and figure it out from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.