MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-04-20, 00:29
AtRoCiTy
New Blood

New cab for Peavey XXX?

Just looking for a 4x12 slant cab to match my XXX's power. I was thinking about the Crate Blue Voodoo or something close. I play mainly Death/ Thrash metal. Thanks guys!

Old 2008-04-20, 00:31
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtRoCiTy
Just looking for a 4x12 slant cab to match my XXX's power. I was thinking about the Crate Blue Voodoo or something close. I play mainly Death/ Thrash metal. Thanks guys!

any 4x12 will do you really with those requirements.

WHat do you want tonally?
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-04-20, 01:33
AtRoCiTy
New Blood

Lots of lows and highs. Without the numetal sound or getting muddy. Basicaly a full rich tone, something that will retain clearity when pushed a bit. Lots of deffinition mainly.

Old 2008-04-20, 21:37
Mordor
Post-whore

I'd suggest picking up an old second hand marshall 1960a cab for cheap on ebay and replacing two of the G12 75's with vintage 30's , sounds damn good in my cab

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!

Old 2008-04-21, 05:59
AtRoCiTy
New Blood

I thought of this as well, here at a couple of local pawnshops I always see some older Marshall's and Kustoms. It might be my best bet for now.

Old 2008-04-21, 07:41
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I'm a V30 fan myself. Just make sure, no matter what speakers you get, that they are sealed good to the baffle via T-nuts.

Old 2008-04-23, 01:33
JacksonRX10D
New Blood

I have the Peavey xxx head matched with a Marshall 1960 cab with 75 watt celestain speakers. It fits my sound well it is brighter and has a more of a midrange punch than the matching Peavey cab which sounds kind of muddy. It stays very tight and doesn't get muddy unless the eq is just set badly.

Old 2008-04-23, 01:54
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I know some simple and easy mods that will enhance the performance of even the cheapest cab, but it does help to have quality speakers though.

http://metaltabs.com/forum/showpost...39&postcount=26

Old 2008-04-23, 05:24
AtRoCiTy
New Blood

Wow man! Thats some pretty cool info. Might have give those a shot on the crate I have now.

Old 2008-04-23, 15:17
megadeth1017
New Blood

I have an XXX and run it through the crate blue voodoo cab. Im a fan!

Old 2008-07-28, 23:34
jessexxx
New Blood

i also have a xxx

smaller cabinets make it sound tighter..higher wattage speakers make it sound cleaner.

it sounds like your seeking the same thing i was,...i wanted note definition,..but not at the sacrifice of a very very heavy sound..(bass u can feel)

here's what i have done to get it.
-standard tuning..(was c#)
-lighter guage strings...9's
-dimarzio drop sonic in the bridge..(i went through 4 different pick ups)
-less gain...
-got rid of the marshall cabs (1960a/1960b)...got mesa recto cab and a traditional cab,...
-add some level of mids

i havent done it yet but all the guys on the peavey thread swear by the el34 tube change,..right now i am very happy with my sound...

good luck

jessexxx

Old 2008-08-06, 07:08
Awaireleple
New Blood
Banned

anal sex free downloads indian actress sex clips

I enjoy black men blowing their loads in my school boy mouth.

Last edited by xdislexicx : 2008-08-14 at 15:57.

Old 2008-08-12, 05:34
the_bleeding
Post-whore

you have 3 choices ahead
avatar: amazing construction, cheap, the vintage 4x12's sound better than mesa 4x12's, and huge speaker choice
vader: heavy duty construction, look brutal, eminence v12 legend speakers (compared to v30, higher power, same mids, less harshness, more bass), and relatively cheap.
basson: MDF construction (if it gets wet, it will fall apart), cheap, eminence v12 legends... lots of people love them because the mdf gives it a certain sound, but if you get one you cant really let it leave your bedroom hahahha.

My recommendation for you is a vader. They also look brutal.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Last edited by the_bleeding : 2008-08-12 at 05:36.