MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2008-04-09, 00:33
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Star Wars

Anyone a nerd like me and love Star Wars? im not talking just the movies does anyone else collect the figures and read the books?

Old 2008-04-09, 01:11
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Old 2008-04-09, 01:31
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
Anyone a nerd like me and love Star Wars? I'm not talking just the movies does anyone else collect the figures and read the books?

I've read a few of the books and they are pretty good. Played with the figures too, but never collected them.

Old 2008-04-09, 01:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Anyone a nerd like me and love Star Wars? im not talking just the movies does anyone else collect the figures and read the books?

Do you not know the star wars nuts in metaltabs by now? I can rattle off like 4 of them off the top of my head.

My former boss at lowes is pretty much a sickening dedicated collector. Hes collected nearly anything he could get his hands on for like 20 years.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2008-04-09, 02:19
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

When I was younger I collected the toys, read the books, played the godamn card game, etc. I bought a sweet Yoda mask and went as him for Halloween one year.

I don't do any of that shit now though..Although my Dark Maul boxers are still kicking around somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-04-09, 02:23
guitar_demon
MotörCat

ive read a few of the books, never really collected any of the toys or anything. I have a friend thats into it hardcore
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2008-04-09, 03:04
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

yeah im totally Hxc(see that)into it.Have been since i was 5.Just picked up a Concept Han Solo action figure today and decided not to open it.I cant seem to find any Darth Revan or Grievous bodyguard figures.It sucks

Old 2008-04-09, 03:11
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
When I was younger I collected the toys, read the books, played the godamn card game, etc. I bought a sweet Yoda mask and went as him for Halloween one year.

I don't do any of that shit now though..Although my Dark Maul boxers are still kicking around somewhere.

I played the card game for a lil while. Never had any cards but my friend did. It was actually a pretty cool game with a very different playing style than magic cards.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2008-04-09, 07:18
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Although my Dark Maul boxers are still kicking around somewhere.

I wore my pair yesterday. (thanks auntie Sheila)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-04-09, 07:22
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yeah, I played with the toys & figures when I was little, but I never read the books. I'm a SW prop nerd though. I have a weathered Stormtrooper helmet modelled from the 1997 re-shoot moulds, a crappy TIE Pilot helmet, and a Darth Maul lightsabre. I'm a major fan of the games too - X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, the Jedi Knight series, Rogue Squadron series....pretty much any game that has something to do with SW.

Old 2008-04-09, 09:39
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

I never collected anything, but I like the books and games..

does that make me a casual fan?
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2008-04-09, 10:08
Medicine man
Senior Metalhead

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcKGc8ycCA
which one of them are you? Tell the truth.
Dem haffi dead!

Old 2008-04-09, 14:48
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine man
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcKGc8ycCA
which one of them are you? Tell the truth.

Oh my god. Boy did i need that.

Old 2008-04-09, 18:17
blitz906
Okay.

I've never even seen any of the movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-09, 18:35
Requiem
Post-whore

I never really liked them.

Old 2008-04-09, 19:08
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

The first movie was the best to me. I saw it 6 times. 5 the first time it came out back in the late 70's and once about a week ago when they had a marathon on tv. Toward the end of the first run I saw it for 25 cents and there was only 5 of us in the movie theater.
I still have my old vinyl LP of the soundtrack.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2008-04-09, 19:22
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

i am a huge fucking nerd.

go into my room and see! hell im lucky that i get laid.

Old 2008-04-09, 21:08
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

i played a starwars computer game once

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-04-09, 22:46
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Watched all the movies, basically played all the computer/console games that wasn't that drawn out bullshit knights of the old republic, but not a collector.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2008-04-10, 01:45
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hey, KOTOR ruled!

Need I even post in this thread?

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2008-04-10, 02:19
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Hey, KOTOR ruled!

Need I even post in this thread?

That was my point earlier on ha...

You would only need to post 2,609 times in order to get that one across...

Old 2008-04-10, 03:04
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

yeah kotor was sweet i just am not a big fan of the combat system

Old 2008-04-10, 05:00
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
yeah kotor was sweet i just am not a big fan of the combat system

Really? I thought that kotor was a pretty solid rpg in alot of aspects. (although i can only quote on the 2nd one, i never played the first one although i may go back and play it.)

Without a doubt kotor 2 was one of the better pc rpgs i've played. Ability to make your own character and go your own path. Loved it. Mass Effect overall was a hell of alot better on so many aspects EXCEPT that in Kotor your good/evil side karma effected the game much more. In Mass effect it did little to nothing. Not to mention in Mass Effect there wasn't any long term effects of your actions like there was in Kotor2.

Needless to say i'm excited and anxious to see what "Kotor 3" and Mass Effect 2 have to offer. (mass effect is part of a trilogy if i'm not mistaken)

Old 2008-04-10, 07:28
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

KOTOR is the greatest game of all time in my eyes. Everything about it is just perfect. The second one has some flaws, but even still it's an amazing game. It'll be even better when Team Gizka releases the restored content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Without a doubt kotor 2 was one of the better pc rpgs i've played. Ability to make your own character and go your own path. Loved it. Mass Effect overall was a hell of alot better on so many aspects EXCEPT that in Kotor your good/evil side karma effected the game much more. In Mass effect it did little to nothing. Not to mention in Mass Effect there wasn't any long term effects of your actions like there was in Kotor2.

Yeah, those are my main criticisms of Mass Effect as well. That, and the monotonous cookie-cutter sidequests. Mass Effect is pretty linear compared to the KOTOR games...everything you decided in ME pretty much led up to the same point, and whatever options you chose you were still a 'good' guy. Instead of a good/evil thing is was more a Picard/Kirk thing (lol Star Trek references).

Quote:
Needless to say i'm excited and anxious to see what "Kotor 3" and Mass Effect 2 have to offer. (mass effect is part of a trilogy if i'm not mistaken)

It's just a shame nothing concrete's been mentioned about KOTOR III, but I'm sure it'll definitely happen. How can it not?

Yeah, Mass Effect 2 will be awesome. I can't wait to see humanity dominate the council*.

*if you saved the existing council from being destroyed, GTFO off my planet alien lover

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2008-04-10 at 07:56.

Old 2008-04-10, 14:13
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
KOTOR is the greatest game of all time in my eyes. Everything about it is just perfect. The second one has some flaws, but even still it's an amazing game. It'll be even better when Team Gizka releases the restored content.

Yeah, those are my main criticisms of Mass Effect as well. That, and the monotonous cookie-cutter sidequests. Mass Effect is pretty linear compared to the KOTOR games...everything you decided in ME pretty much led up to the same point, and whatever options you chose you were still a 'good' guy. Instead of a good/evil thing is was more a Picard/Kirk thing (lol Star Trek references).

It's just a shame nothing concrete's been mentioned about KOTOR III, but I'm sure it'll definitely happen. How can it not?

Yeah, Mass Effect 2 will be awesome. I can't wait to see humanity dominate the council*.

*if you saved the existing council from being destroyed, GTFO off my planet alien lover

haha.

I think Mass Effect had and has all the tools available for being one of the best games ever created. THe ability to pick every dialog option and it feel real and the people act real. (the upclose graphics overall were amazing.

It was also too easy to get the side quests. 99% of them were you just over heard them and they were automatically in your log, rather than you going out of your way to find them.

Old 2008-04-10, 18:19
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Lucasarts has announced 2 secret projects.Free Radical is designing one(most likely BattleFront 3)and Bioware is developing the other(KOTOR3?)We will just have to wait and see

Old 2008-04-10, 18:43
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Lucasarts has announced 2 secret projects.Free Radical is designing one(most likely BattleFront 3)and Bioware is developing the other(KOTOR3?)We will just have to wait and see

I forgot bioware was the Kotor developer.

Well no fucking shit right. (Both mass effect and kotor being such good games, and SOMEWHAT similar.)

Old 2008-04-11, 03:26
CompelledToLacerate

I'd like to try out the game "Force Unleashed," where you get to play as Vader's secret apprentice. Looks neat.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2008-04-11, 04:23
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

fuck star wars...thats for big fat geeks. x-files rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2008-04-11, 07:26
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

HE'S A TREKKIE! GET 'EM!
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-04-11, 14:56
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:

hah, when i was younger i liked star wars a lot. but even as a kid i thought x-files looked super cheap. i saw a little bit and for some reason i remember thinking the two main characters looked and acted ridiculous. bleh.

i only liked the first 3 star wars. i dont understand all this "episode" crap, nor do i want to.

Old 2008-04-11, 16:31
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me himself
HE'S A TREKKIE! GET 'EM!

LOLL start trek is also for big fat geek. I'd say startrek is MORE geek.

Well, of course x-files looks cheap, it wasn't made for looking great with good special effects, their forces is in the script, they are really good with stories.

i liked the first star wars....the first one in 1977...other than that...thats bull crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2008-04-11, 16:49
CompelledToLacerate

Why do people give the prequel episodes such guff? Without the events that occurred in Episodes 1-3, we wouldn't have episodes 4-6.

..... we do need episodes 7-9.....

Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 17:57
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Why do people give the prequel episodes such guff? Without the events that occurred in Episodes 1-3, we wouldn't have episodes 4-6.

..... we do need episodes 7-9.....

i have no qualms with them. They're good too.

People just like the first shit they see, and just hold it to higher than others. Just all based on memories and past experiences dictating.

Old 2008-04-11, 18:07
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

i guess i dont care about the ENTIRE story, and i just liked watching the old ones, mainly Return of the Jedi.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
People just like the first shit they see, and just hold it to higher than others. Just all based on memories and past experiences dictating.

yeah, i try not to let that influence too many interests, but for a movie series.. i dont care much.

Last edited by timedragon : 2008-04-11 at 18:11.

Old 2008-04-11, 18:14
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Why do people give the prequel episodes such guff?

Because they weren't good, hah. The only good one of the prequels was Episode I, imo. When I first found out they were gonna make the prequel trilogy my mind was just racing so hard with how epic and legendary they had the potential to be. Seeing Anakin kill off all the jedi and transform into Vader... that sort of vision I think is meant to be kept in literature because when put to film, especially the way they did it in episodes II and III, it takes a lot from the imagination and the subjective experience diminishes. I mean I definitely enjoyed them but they just didn't do my wishes justice.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Last edited by Me himself : 2008-04-11 at 18:24.

Old 2008-04-11, 18:29
Requiem
Post-whore

Bioware is making a Sonic RPG for the DS.

Old 2008-04-11, 20:33
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Bioware is making a Sonic RPG for the DS.

Reading that made me throw up in my mouth.

Thats fucking stupid, Bioware or not.

Return of the jedi was definitely my favorite. Watched it actually last weekend. Just randomly felt like watching a star wars movie, what better one?

Thought of a good analogy to drive my earlier point home. (about memories dictating)

Look at ones past musical taste. Some of the truly shitty bands and crappy music that EVEN TO THIS DAY, you still kinda like it even though you would rather stab yourself in the ears instead of hearing that kind of music. (if you heard it just now for the first time)

Old 2008-04-11, 20:39
Requiem
Post-whore

Why? The game looks promising with tons of new elements of game play.

Old 2008-04-11, 22:20
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Why? The game looks promising with tons of new elements of game play.

Why? They've already destroyed the sonic franchise in my opinion, and then make another mockery of rpg games? People are just trying to capitalize off new crappy ideas instead of making fresh new ones.

We need brand new, not "What game can we put these crazzzzzy characters into now!"

Squaresoft did that with Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and those were the 2 worst rpgs i've ever played. ever. Sonic role playing game.. jesus. Next thing you know they'll have a Grand turismo shooter.

Sonics appeal was simplisticness of a fast/ smooth side scroller, nobody was marviling at the complexity of the characters or their abilities outside of turning into a ball and rolling. My time couldn't be wasted more than by a game thats guarrenteed to have absolutely no possible in depth story. No character development or complex characters for that matter.

I can see the great dialog now....

Tails: Sonic we need to find the golden chilly dog or else doctor robotinik will take over the world!
Sonic: Don't worry i'll do my super strong spin attack move by hitting down and x a whole shit load of times. Oh yeah i love chilly dogs. Chilly dogs, chilly dogs, chilly dogs, speed chillly dogs and more speed.

What is it going to be another lame ass "action rpg" which actually just translates to just a fucking action game with absolutely no rpg elements even present? (zelda)

Sonic rpg, what a sad day for rpg games everywhere.

Also, are you refering to this Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood? a DS game? A game system that is completely designed around the fact that nobody would ever buy any games that aren't cheap shitty copies of already established names, heaven forbid making something new to sell on it? On a game system which is designed around you not really spending large amounts of time playing it rather quick here and there when you have time to play? Great possible stories that keep you engaged. (nobody quote pokemon because its a game that you could pick up at a moments notice and be just as informed about whats going on as if you had played it for the first time for 5 minutes, indepth story there..)

Last edited by tmfreak : 2008-04-11 at 22:28.

Old 2008-04-12, 01:48
TheTrueAceofSpades
New Blood

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away I read a couple of books about Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was still training as a padawan(before meeting what's his face who took him under apprenticeship.) Then I realized the books weren't written by George Lucas(hell not even the stories in any of the books were..) and so I decided not to read them because I didn't feel they were legitimate enough..

Anyone know if Lucas actually approves each book before it gets published or does he just let the authors do whatever?

Old 2008-04-12, 02:46
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueAceofSpades
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away I read a couple of books about Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was still training as a padawan(before meeting what's his face who took him under apprenticeship.) Then I realized the books weren't written by George Lucas(hell not even the stories in any of the books were..) and so I decided not to read them because I didn't feel they were legitimate enough..

Anyone know if Lucas actually approves each book before it gets published or does he just let the authors do whatever?

Well i know he wrote the first 6 episodes, and a lil more than that.

But this is actually a good question. I think what ends up happening is they strike a deal where random authors can go on with their creative ways using the name as long as Lucas Arts gets shit loads of the money. I haven't read any of the books but i've definitely seen that they have books so way far into the future of the "star wars" franchise that you wonder what the hell is even the point?

Maybe one would have to read the books to figure it out....

Old 2008-04-12, 20:15
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Lucas has said he doesnt like the Books that occur after ROTJ.But the Thrawn Trilogy is amazing and the best books IMO.But lucas does observe some of the writing to ensure that it is accurate but he doesnt help that much with the plot

Old 2008-04-14, 04:33
CompelledToLacerate

Out of all the books after and before the 6 episodes, I've only witnessed one contradiction; I forget which book exactly, either Shadows of the Empire (takes place between episodes 5 and 6) or one of the Thrawn books. It said something about Vader's hand being cut off by the Emperor for his failure to protect the Death Star, when of course his hand was cut off by Count Dooku.

Other than that, the books are pretty legit. If you wanna find out what books are canon and what aren't, go to wookiepedia. It's the Star Wars Wikipedia.

I've read so far;

Darth Maul; Shadow Hunter
Dark Lord; Rise of Darth Vader
Shadows of the Empire
Truce at Bakura
Thrawn Trilogy

Read some of the comics from before the 6 episodes, the ones before even KOTOR, with Naga Sadow and Exar Kun in them. I also have the first 3 books of the New Jedi Order series, but I haven't gotten to reading them yet.

Quote:

Old 2008-04-14, 22:58
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Dark Rendezvous is very very good.Check it out its a great book

Old 2008-04-15, 00:52
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Dark Rendezvous is very very good.Check it out its a great book

I bought that some time ago but have since misplaced it, and never even got a chance to begin reading it. I'm a little interested now in picking up Shadows of the Empire.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-04-15, 03:18
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Yeah Shadows is good also