MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2008-03-23, 23:39
mosh4life
New Blood

volume control

most people seem 2 need help with increasing their volume...i on the other hand need help decreasing my volume...i get a really good and aggressive growl but i run outta air in like 5sec and its way louder then speaking voice but when i try 2 lower the volume i lose the aggressiveness of my growl but i can hold my growls longer...can sum1 help me decrease my volume and keep the aggressivness and sustain them longer

Old 2008-03-24, 02:51
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

if you still keep good tone and agressiveness, then keep doing what you do.

just learn how to control air, or breath while doing vocals better.
you'll get the trick.

Old 2008-04-04, 04:28
THE SEDUCTION
New Blood

try like breathing in as much air as u can and reserve some in ur rib cage or whatever and use ur diaphram first for air then when thats out use ur ribs reserves or watevs i heard it somewere it works man like breath in for 8 seconds and then breath out using ur diaphram for 4 seconds then another 4 seconds with ur reserve airrr in ur ribs and do it a couple of times see if that helps man

Old 2008-04-08, 09:54
Depression
New Blood

thx guys.

Old 2008-04-08, 15:29
CAPCOPSNOW
New Blood

i have the same issue what ive found is changing how you practice and spending entire sessions completely on lengthening the growl and expanding the lungs (with practice you can increase lung size) just keep at it buddy

Old 2008-09-07, 01:20
hail killizm
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosh4life
most people seem 2 need help with increasing their volume...i on the other hand need help decreasing my volume...i get a really good and aggressive growl but i run outta air in like 5sec and its way louder then speaking voice but when i try 2 lower the volume i lose the aggressiveness of my growl but i can hold my growls longer...can sum1 help me decrease my volume and keep the aggressivness and sustain them longer

MAn i do have the same fuckin' problem... enough power and loudness but out of breathe every 4 sec...

Old 2008-09-07, 03:01
mosh4life
New Blood

i found cardio helps alot with the duration of your screams.....things like running, basketball, tennis, shit that has alot of running in it