MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2008-03-14, 17:40
Pray for famine
New Blood

Red face about them muscles..

of course the muscles surrounding your neck, well a few days ago i was preparing to record a song piece for the band and...i got it done but the next day their were a few muscles on my body that were hurting..mostly on my shoulders above the clavicle and under the jaw and lastly above the collar bone.
i'm not sure if i did something wrong this time or what. but i know that i had about three hershey kisses before i practiced and i think it affected my performance a tad.

any feedback is loved, obviously.

Old 2008-03-14, 18:04
Amadeus
Quantum.

Relax.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-03-27, 16:13
CAPCOPSNOW
New Blood

cudos to that take a valium before you do that again

Old 2008-03-27, 18:10
McCalister999
Senior Metalhead

+1 on what's been said already (especially the Valium), you're probably tensing up in your jaw and/or neck which affects your muscles in your shoulders and back.

Old 2008-04-10, 18:57
xafreeforallx
New Blood

Yeah man just relax. The biggest thing to sounding great is to not push. You just gotta let the voice flow out of you brother.

Are you listening?

Old 2008-04-11, 06:59
blitz906
Okay.

Would weed help? It sure seems to help Chris Barnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-11, 08:26
Amadeus
Quantum.

Considering how I was when I started out a year and a little ago... probably yes; I was tense like a virgin, shoulders up and throat strained. Nothing strange really. It's usual enough to be a business idea to people who make shows like Idol.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-04-13, 16:54
Pray for famine
New Blood

ok, thanks for the feedback, i guess i pretty stressed that day and wasn't quite focusing on singing like i should have been.
about the valiums, not sure if that's a good idea, i don't weigh much at all. and it might like, knock me out or something.

Old 2008-04-14, 07:43
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for famine
about the valiums, not sure if that's a good idea, i don't weigh much at all. and it might like, knock me out or something.

Just take a small dose then. But it doesn't necessarily have to be Valium, you could take any relaxant/depressant (not too much though) Have you considered muscle relaxants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-22, 20:33
CAPCOPSNOW
New Blood

if your a small guy you really shouldnt push that hard maybe if you made a recording we could help more... btw the valium thing was a joke no drugs or pills are gonna make you better, maybe change your voice over time but typically not in a good way