MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2008-02-16, 22:02
Dime_Beyond_Forever
New Blood

Comment on my Metal vocals

Hey guys, my band's demo just came out and I wanted to get some feedback on my vocals. Thanx.

www.myspace.com/insurgenceheavymetal

Old 2008-02-19, 23:18
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

not terrible.

but how old are you?
I can tell that you must be young? or at least have a young voice?
it sounds very err...untrained? and there must be some mastering involved on it when you guys recorded it.

but it sounds decent, and it works with the music, so it's really pretty good.

gratz.

Old 2008-02-20, 15:29
Corruption
Metalhead

hey on it it doesn't show a drummer... did U just add in the drums with like some technology?

but anyway kickass vocals

I play lead guitar in a band called Elpium Eyeballs. We're workin on our first album, to be called Hookah

Old 2008-02-21, 07:27
Amadeus
Quantum.

OK. How much vocal technique do you know?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-02-23, 21:24
Dime_Beyond_Forever
New Blood

I've really only been singing for about a year, because our band needed a vocallist and we didn't want to be a four peice band. I'm 17. Also, we hired a session drummer for the recordings.

Old 2008-02-26, 08:33
Amadeus
Quantum.

You can have something going here, but I think you lack quite a bit in support, it sounds like you're straining your throat a lot and don't have the strength you could.

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/Me...muscles/pyr.htm

Find this muscle, the pyramidalis. It's good, because it's fairly easy to find, you can control it consciously and as you practice it, it will in time force all the "belt muscles" as well as the daiphragm to work too, creating a bellow - and lots of force.
Just start by placing your hand on it and try breathe from all the way down there - breathe in, belly falls outward like someone you find at a bayern beer festival. Point is, you shouldn't need to suck in air - the act of releasing your stomach from pyramidalis creates a space for air, which it is easier to fill than not. Takes MUCH practice for most of us, but it's worth it. I've found it useful when carrying heavy logs through bogs, as a sidenote.
When you breathe out, first tense the pyramidalis upwards without exhaling - very important, don't tense inwards, but UP - while keeping chest and shoulders completely relaxed. When pyramidalis is tensed upwards, your support is connected, as we say in Swedish. This is your foundation for nice tones and using your full potentianl, wether going for Nessum Dorma, exteme metal or soft ballads.
As you exhale, try to do it all the way down from the tense pyramidalis. And when you connect the support, don't do anything gradual about it, snap it in place.
I can go on for a good long time, if you're interested just pm me!

Actually, I quite liked your music, it has something. Vocally you need developing and practice, but your voice got potential and is not bad as it is, a good tenor I'd say.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-02-26, 16:55
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

SPAM

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.