MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-01-28, 07:03
TheLastFetus
New Blood

Good analog reverb for 6505+?

I recently got a steal on a a peavey 6505+ and need to get some kind of reverb for it. Any opinions? I'm new to tube amps and am shamefully ignorant when it comes to gear. I'm looking for the organic lush tone that analog can provide and am also trying to find some good delay effects as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If it makes a difference, I play black metal and am looking for some powerful enveloping tone, especially for the clean riffs.

Old 2008-01-28, 07:40
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Its not Analog but the Line6 Echo Park is fantastic. I use one with my Engl and the range of sounds is incredible, plus you get both reverb and delay all in one package. It can sound really lush and deep when it wants to as well. It has an Analog and a Digital mode, and enough tweakability to get what you need no doubt.

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project

Old 2008-01-28, 08:03
Soeru
Post-whore

Peavey Valveverb(or Valverb) rack unit? They sell for about 100-200$(they're rare) and they run on tubes(1 or 2 I forget), I hear they're really good.

I don't think there are any analog reverbs in pedal format...

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2008-01-28, 18:41
Mordor
Post-whore

Get a Rocktron Intelliflex, and whack it into the effects loop. Awesome effects to be had

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!

Old 2008-01-28, 18:42
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I recommend the Holy Grail Reverb by EH

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2008-01-28, 20:19
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

i do not recommend the holy grail. Nor the holier grail...havent tried the holiest grail. (They exist, i'm not just being a douche) Regardless, i set them through the effects loop, it either sounded muddy, or very very transparent...inaudibly transparent to some effect.
The boss RV-5 and DD-3 reverb and delay pedals i really enjoy. Fairly cheap, and really decent sound
i'm running thru a triple rectifier btw, if that makes any difference
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2008-01-28, 22:45
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorath23
Its not Analog but the Line6 Echo Park is fantastic. I use one with my Engl and the range of sounds is incredible, plus you get both reverb and delay all in one package. It can sound really lush and deep when it wants to as well. It has an Analog and a Digital mode, and enough tweakability to get what you need no doubt.

Its good, but the BEST reverb pedal I have ever experienced is Line6's Verbzilla. I run it through my Dual Rec and its pure magic. I have no doubt that you will melt over it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-01-29, 02:16
the_bleeding
Post-whore

the danelectro Spring King

its true spring reverb so when you stomp on the ground beside it it makes the cool wet spashy springy noise.

edit: added
Soldano Space box (tube driven spring reverb rack unit, will make you poor)
Fender tube reverb (tube driven head unit, not too bad, think it was around 400)
Fulltone tube reverb (tube driven head unit, will cost more than the 6505 (900$ buwahahha)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Last edited by the_bleeding : 2008-01-29 at 02:21.

Old 2008-01-29, 07:22
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Its good, but the BEST reverb pedal I have ever experienced is Line6's Verbzilla. I run it through my Dual Rec and its pure magic. I have no doubt that you will melt over it.

I agree that the Verbzilla is probably even better at Reverb, but I'm not sure that it has a simultaneous delay.

Engl Fireball
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

Old 2008-01-29, 23:26
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor
Get a Rocktron Intelliflex, and whack it into the effects loop. Awesome effects to be had

In addition to that awesome unit I'd recommend a TC Electronics G Major. All the effects you'd probably ever need, all good quality, and doesn't kill your tone. I think you could get an Intellifex for cheaper since they're discontinued, but I just checked eBay and there's one for $350 which is close to how much the G Major costs.
Rocktron also makes a dedicated digital reverb pedal called the Cyborg Digital Reverb that's $190. Boss has their RV-5 which is $150. Then again T-Rex has the Room-Mate Tube Reverb which is $370. That T-Rex pedal is probably as analog as you can get when it comes to reverb pedals.
Personally I'm not a fan of pedals. I've only seen two pedals in my entire life that didn't kill my tone when they were turned off, and one of them was a Boss NS-2.

+1 on Line 6 reverbs. The reverbs were really sweet on my POD XT Live.

Old 2008-01-30, 03:23
TheLastFetus
New Blood

Thanks for the suggestions. If it makes a difference i already own a line6 dl4 delay pedal (although I hate how empty and cold it sounds sometimes). also, some bands that I'm influenced by and might give some insight into the tone i;m looking for are Nachtmystium, wolves in the throne room, weakling, xasthur, drudkh, and some others that I can't think of.

Old 2008-01-30, 07:41
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFetus
Thanks for the suggestions. If it makes a difference i already own a line6 dl4 delay pedal (although I hate how empty and cold it sounds sometimes). also, some bands that I'm influenced by and might give some insight into the tone i;m looking for are Nachtmystium, wolves in the throne room, weakling, xasthur, drudkh, and some others that I can't think of.

Cool I love WITTR and Drudkh, Personally I'd still advise against spending upwards of $150 just on a Reverb pedal/processor/rack unit etc, there are still some really good mid-range pedals out there. Maybe go to a local store and try some out? Tech21's new RVB-something is meant to be really good and it has a built in clean boost- and Tech21's stuff is awesome in general.

Engl Fireball
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

Old 2008-01-30, 20:25
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorath23
I agree that the Verbzilla is probably even better at Reverb, but I'm not sure that it has a simultaneous delay.

It doesn't. But it looks like he's already got a delay pedal.

Fetus: Most manufactures offer lots of sound clips on their websites. If not, I know that sites like musiciansfriend.com does so you can hear the pedals you can't find in stores.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery