MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2002-11-12, 15:51
!!RaGe!!
Senior Metalhead

Hughes & Kettner Warp 7

is this a good amp? i am planning on getting one for christmas...if any one has one or played one what is the sound it gives out..i play a lot of pantera,slayer,down,crowbar and cannibal corpse is it good for playing this? thx for the help

Old 2002-11-12, 17:57
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yes, it's a good amp, but it depends on what you want, it's great for downtuned guitars and real heavy sound.

it's a shame they put all that nu-metal talk around it to sell it, that amp sells itself, it's really good, but it has his 'own' sound.

Old 2002-11-12, 22:23
Midnight
Senior Metalhead

I agree 100% with Def.. it's a great GREAT amp.. I've played on one many times and am completely in love with it.. I even own half of one.. (I put a downpayment on it to order it) The warp 7 distortion is really great sounding.. the clean channel is really warm.. it's an all around great amp.. go for it

Old 2002-11-13, 15:26
!!RaGe!!
Senior Metalhead

thx a lot guys uve really helped me out so i have decided to go for this one thx again guys

Old 2002-11-13, 17:48
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

your welcome man, get back to us when you played on it and shit
I think you'll fully agree with us!

Old 2002-11-14, 00:02
Bones98
Post-whore

yep...Its REALLY good!
I had one.....But I had to sell it because it was loud.....
100 Mutha Freakin WATTS!
And it comes with a foot controller....
Also on Total Guitar Mag. they reviewed it and the magazine contained
sounds from the WARP 7 (Thats why I got it)

Old 2002-11-15, 16:36
!!RaGe!!
Senior Metalhead

yeh i will be playing one tommorrow cos my mate has one i will let u know what i think on sunday

Old 2002-11-18, 03:05
Dr. Landau
New Blood

If your into Nu-Metal it's a good amp. My lead guitar player got it about 2 weeks ago and just traded it in for another H&K model... I think it's the Tour Reverb 100w. The cab itself sounds better, more bottom to it. I think this one sounds much better then the 7. If i'm not mistaken, I think there about the same price, give or take a couple of bucks. Since your there for a new amp try out the Tour Reverb.

Old 2002-11-18, 06:51
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I know the tour reverb, our guitarist had one, he's buying a warp 7 this month, the tour reverb is great only not for really downtuned guitar.
we're not into nu-metal but we do use 7 strings and 5 string basses, the tour reverb can handle it tough not at extreme volumes, the warp 7 is better for guitars tuned in B.

I don't know what cab he tried, but the standard warp 7 cabinet sound way more 'bassy' then the tour reverb's cab, I think it depends on the guitar and tuning, because the warp 7 cabinet is meant to handle more bass.

Old 2002-11-18, 23:54
Dr. Landau
New Blood

Really? Well we play both covers and originals. our stuff is mostly Death & Black metal... things like Dimmu, Deicide, Death ect... and where tuned down to C# and D tunings & the T.R. sounds wicked. With the cover band it's anywhere between King Diamond to Slayer. so where often tuned to Eb and the 7 didn't cut it. He bought the warp 7 half stack. Maybe it's the pick up's your using that wasnt giving you the proper response... I play with Fender Talons and Jackson Soloists, some with EMG's and others with PAF pros(Dimarzios) it sounds pretty good... But it all comes down to our own prefferences... The only Models i ever loved from H&K was the Triple. That thing is a MONSTER! awesome amp... and it's got a monster price tag also!

Old 2002-11-19, 07:08
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah, dimarzio's for a 7 string, tough we can't get a good range out of the eq, need to use a pedal for it.
it's no big problem tough, for the money it's a good amp, good for starting amps.
it probably sounds better with EMG's. I think.

you're right, it surely is about personal taste, you probably like a whole other sound then me, I prefer the deep punching bass in guitars, but actually a bass player, so maybe that has got something to do with it or something.

It's also pretty cool to get a high squeling iron maiden sound haha (use a metalzone for that!)

damn, the TRIPLE!!
it's absolutely bloody marvellous!
yeah, the price tag is extreme, that sucks, even the cabs are fucking expensive, it's a great amp though. (and it looks cool with that blue neon)

I have a Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 400, tube bass amp, 400 watts, with the same blue neon as the Triple :P 2x15', I still want an extension cab but hell, I don't really need it.

Old 2002-11-19, 16:55
!!RaGe!!
Senior Metalhead

well i have a Zoom GFX4 and i tried it on a louder amp which happened to be a laney max hardcore combo and the distotion was extreme. so i am gonna get this H&K and use my pedal with it cant wait till christmas hehehe