MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2008-01-08, 11:10
death walking terror
New Blood

Traveler guitar

I am going on a 100 days trip trough Asia, and I want to continue practicing while I travel. I've looking at www.travelerguitar.com , has anyone tried some of these guitars?

The Escape model look cool, but I don't know i it's comfortatable to play, it has a small body (but has a 25 1/2 scale neck).

The Speedster model has a support-arm sort of thing, but it looks stupid.

Any tips? Do you know of other travelguitars?

Old 2008-01-08, 11:24
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

they all look pretty fucking ridiculous... it's like a 5 inch difference, can't you just bring a regular guitar, and a microamp?
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2008-01-08, 11:56
death walking terror
New Blood

Its going to be a backpacker type of trip, and I'm not staying for long at the different places, and I'm spending a lot of time on trains, boat etc.

I want something small cause carrying a full size guitar in addition to my big backpack can be too much I think. I'm also thinking about getting a Pandora-box.

Old 2008-01-08, 13:58
Amadeus
Quantum.

No reason for you to think anything; I've done a fair bit of backpacking and carrying a full size guitar is too much. Not necessarily as a weight issue, but it's amazing how often you want both hands free, and nothing dangling about apart from a good backpack.

Don't you have any way of testing them before buying?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-01-08, 22:13
PantericA
Post-whore

i would want to play any instrument before i bought it. you should try and find a place where you can test them out

Old 2008-01-09, 08:38
death walking terror
New Blood

I live in Norway, and I haven't seen anyone of these in any stores. I suppose i can be ordered, but I want to buy it on ebay, because of the low dollar price. I don't think a store would order it for me so I could try it and not buy it.

Old 2008-01-10, 07:28
Amadeus
Quantum.

Trust me, just going by price and pictures is a bad idea. You might luck out, but it's still a bad idea.

My advice, find yourself a nice small accoustic. If you intend to be a great guitarist you have to be able to shred at anything anyway, including an accoustic.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-01-10, 11:47
death walking terror
New Blood

Thanks for the help! This thread was maybe a bit stupid, but I was hoping some of you had tried one of these guitars.

Thanks!

Old 2008-01-17, 23:00
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Get a Steinberger, one of the small trapeziod bodies and no headstock. Thus full scale but much shorter and smaller. I think they're quite expensive, but the Spirit series is cheaper.

http://zurlocker.typepad.com/photos...ger_white_1.jpg

Old 2008-01-18, 01:04
the_bleeding
Post-whore

i think they all kick ass, kinda sad they dont make their fully acoustic series anymore, but its fine. I'd go for an ultralight if i were you, has the bump for playing sitting down, BUT NOT IN CLASSICAL STYLE just remember that.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-01-18, 07:27
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

My Applause Electro Acoustic is really quite small. Its the AE128, which has an ultra slim bowl-back on it and its mega light. Might be worth checking out. Opeth used something very similar on Orchid and you can tell when playing it. Plus it was cheap.

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project

Old 2008-01-18, 10:42
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

hmm, i think they look pretty cool actually! If you could find a dealer near you i'd say try it out

Old 2008-10-09, 19:48
s rocker
New Blood

Another type of guitar

Hey me too but you people dont know anither guitar but not to be a traveler but to be a guitar withouth headstock that costs less thhan a traveler guitar please.

Old 2008-10-09, 20:04
s rocker
New Blood

Name of the guitar

tell me a store or whatever please or a type oif guitar like that or a book that helps how to build your guitar but withouth headstock! Thanks

Old 2008-10-22, 02:18
s rocker
New Blood

Hey dude

can you tell me another guitar please that has no headstock not specially a traveler guitar but a one wth no headstock please can you tell me the mark or the name of that guitar.
thanks

Old 2008-11-06, 17:15
bmschrad
New Blood

I actually have an escape model and I love it. It's nice to have the tuners in the body becuase you don't have to worry about it going out of tune when you bang it around traveling.

I also don't have a car currently only a motorcycle. It comes with a little backpack that I can just sling over my shoulder, jump on my bike, and jam at my buddies. I even picked up a little pocket amp that fits in the bag.

The guitar it's self actually sounds pretty good with the stock pickup. It's about a medium output pickup, wouldn't mind putting something a little hotter for metal in there.

It's definitely one of my favorite and most used guitars I own; you won't be disappointed with it.

P.S. The quality on the thing is awesome too!!

-B-