MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2002-11-12, 00:33
alexguitargodbu
Senior Metalhead

stupid litlle bitch frets

My frets are fucked little bitches. first at some spots they would buzz or even sound one semitone higher than they were suppose to. So I hammered the fret after down.
Now there are fuking dents in the frets because of the strings were getting hammered into em. now when i fucking bend a string it buzzes and sounds gay.

any good fret boards you could introduce me too? Do you also know of any good fire starter mix to burn the old fagnut fretboard with?

Old 2002-11-12, 00:51
º¿º
Metalhead

1 u hold the string down on the wood between the fret bars........u dont hammer em in the fret bars...

#2 they were probly buzzing because u werent holding them down good enough

hope that helps

Old 2002-11-12, 01:27
mrweijia
Post-whore

well my strings used to buzz but that was because my bridge thing was too loose and the string caused it to vibrate. that might be the problem.

Old 2002-11-12, 02:18
Argos
Metalhead

Just take the axe to your tech and have the frets dressed.

Old 2002-11-12, 02:53
PantericA
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by º¿º
1 u hold the string down on the wood between the fret bars........u dont hammer em in the fret bars...

hope that helps

#1 i think he meant that he actually took a hammer to his guitar and started to pound the fucking frets in

#2 they are now buzzing because when he pounded the frets he didn't take the strings off and they made dints in the frets when he hammered them

i like rosewood fretboards, but i don't know where to get them

and i suggest good old fashioned butane to burn the old fucker with, or you could mix up little batch of napalm!

Old 2002-11-12, 03:03
damonta
Senior Metalhead

You can get a new fret board & new frets at StewMac.com . I'd put in new frets, but I've done that befor. You can get your tech to file them down but it will cost more than doing it your self.

Old 2002-11-12, 07:59
Midnight
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by º¿º

hope that helps
^ How to be an assclown.. WHOOO

I would've said check the Truss (sp) and adjust the bridge but since you took a hammer to your guitar that is out of the question.. there are many many places that sell fretboards with most whatever head you want and length and also wood.. hahah starting to sound like a wang salesmen.. anyways don't mind me i'm sleep deprived.. I'm getting my guitar redone by a guitar here in columbus.. he's swapping from triple coil pickups to dual humbucker EMG's and changing my neck strings.. knobs.. switch.. all the hardware including the neck and pickups for 450 bucks.. and I know the pickups part of that without the neck is around 270.. so you do the math.. it's actually not that expensive..

And on another note.. you CAN play with pushing down on the fret itself mr face guy thingie.. it makes a harmonic when done right.. put your finger IN the second fret..and hammer and pull of quick on the 14th fret marker .. and it'll make a harmonic.. so there..

Old 2002-11-12, 23:49
alexguitargodbu
Senior Metalhead

midnight, panterica, you are my heros. assclown. I know now that my guitar was tuned like two 1 and a half steps down and that made the string so loose that it the fret would interfere with it.

remember kids, tuning down is the devil.

Old 2002-11-13, 00:35
mrweijia
Post-whore

and dont pick as hard. the harder you pick, the more the stirngs vibrate and the more of it will hit the fretboard.

Old 2002-11-13, 07:26
Midnight
Senior Metalhead

Alex.. You can downtune and still not have a problem.. You just have to adjust the bridge so it raises the strings up a little higher so they don't touch the fret markers when you're downtuned low.. I have my truss rod and bridge adjusted so it's perfect downtuned 2 steps (that's where I usually am) So when i'm tuned to concert pitch my truss rod is all farged up and the action is so high it's like a jacked up chevy truck.. That's why I have two guitars. I keep one so I have a guitar for concert pitch - half a step either way.. and then my other for the lower stuff.. It really makes things go alot faster.. don't have to worry about tuning your guitar THEN worrying if the strings are going to buzz because they're hitting the frets or if your neck is going to warp to hell from the truss being so tight.. So downtuning isn't so bad.. there are just precautions to take that's all..

Old 2002-11-13, 23:07
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

i play so much, almost every fret is dented, one every string spot.
and i play so much, that my guitar keeps getting covered in pick dust.
i wash it with windex about once a month and clean the strings with
rubbing alcohol.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx