MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Composition

Old 2007-07-03, 22:14
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

Space Music

okay, so before I get harassed, this is not a metal song at all. I'm entering this scholarship contest in hopes of winning a thousand bucks towards college in the fall. THe only guidelines are that the song is suppoed to be "Spacemusic". From my random wikipedia and google searches this encompasses everything from Pink Floyd to all sorts of goofy new age music as long as it somehow makes you think about outer space or feel spacey in someway. This is what I have so far. I need an ending and to add some more texture here and there but any criticism would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: it says the file is too large to upload. Ill try to get it on here soon. sorry.

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Last edited by briyo2289 : 2007-07-03 at 22:16.

Old 2007-07-03, 22:38
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

you mean music to get high to ?
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.

Old 2007-07-04, 00:22
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidonlord666
you mean music to get high to ?

haha basically. I cant get a file that is small enough to post it on here. I recorded it all on cool edit pro and its all live recordings so i think thats making the file really big. If someone knows how to make the file small enough to post please help.

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2007-07-04, 00:25
Requiem
Post-whore

Either zip it or use Win RAR to make it into a .rar file.

www.rarlabs.com

Old 2007-07-04, 00:33
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

I tried that, even as a .rar its still 2.46 MB the maximum youre allowed to post is 2 MB.

Edit: also I got the first half of the song down to under 2 MB but .rar is not a supported file type so it still wont let me post it. Oh well.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Last edited by briyo2289 : 2007-07-04 at 00:44.

Old 2007-07-04, 00:38
Requiem
Post-whore

Get a file splitter.

Old 2007-07-04, 00:44
Unanything
Post-whore

Make a GP tab? I dunno, when it's 'space' music you might have effects that you can't replicate on GP. Just a suggestion!

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-07-04, 00:48
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Make a GP tab? I dunno, when it's 'space' music you might have effects that you can't replicate on GP. Just a suggestion!

yeah its a lot of effects and a lot of weird synth tones that would sound real bad on GP.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2007-07-04, 01:13
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by briyo2289
yeah its a lot of effects and a lot of weird synth tones that would sound real bad on GP.

I guess you'll just have to find a resizer, then. Just get a trial version for that and then get rid. If you type MP3 Resizer into Google, a good one appears near the top that I used to resize my own song. Can't remember the name though...

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-07-04, 02:43
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

okay, that was a a pain in the ass but i think i got it. download all 5 of the files one of them shoul be a .exe file that will turn the other 4 into an mp3 file. I hope it works, and sorry for the hassle.

Eidt: sorry, first you'll have to unzip all of them with winrar or winzip then do that other stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Create_space music.lite.zip (16.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip space music.lite.mp3.zip (455.3 KB, 119 views)
File Type: zip space music2.lite.mp3.zip (487.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip space music3.lite.mp3.zip (479.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip space music4.lite.mp3.zip (151.0 KB, 103 views)

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2007-07-21, 10:54
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Well, I definantly love this type of music (bands such as Portishead, Air, Lamb, Portal, Cynic ... if you would call them spacey) so i'll tell you what I think. Well, upon second listen, I liked it a lot. Of course, i'd prefer it much greater if you had any type of vocals in the song, as for an instrumental, there wasn't much to it. I mean, ok, that's what you were aiming for, to be very progressive and try to set in a trance mood to the listener. Well, you're not far off, but it felt like there was something missing from it being great. I would've added some cosmonaut talking, maybe you could've edited the vocals a fair bit to make em even spacier (flanged, delayed, etc.), but singing (esp female) would've done it for me. However, without them I can picture a baron landscape if you will, the emptiness of space is a mood I get. So it was good. But it could've been better. For that reason, I doubt you'll win the comp, but good luck to you man.

A hassle indeed to get it all, but I guess it was worth it. Interesting how you coded a program to put it all together. Next time, I would recommend, it would probably be much easier to just set up a music myspace (doesn't mean you have to use it at all), and after you had uploaded it we could all stream/download.

Anyway, good job dude, please let me know if you ever make similar pieces!

Old 2007-07-22, 23:56
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Use HotLinkFiles. They let you upload a file with a maximum size of 50 MB, you have 1 GB of storage and 8 GB of bandwidth, and you can link directly to the file, hence "hot link". It's perfect for uploading MP3's for this forum

Old 2007-07-23, 05:26
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

I love Zero 7......

This is my cheesy remix of "Breathe" that I did

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=5578483