MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2007-06-04, 07:09
Unanything's Avatar
Unanything Unanything is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ballater, Scotland, UK.
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
I fucking agree with ya! Personally, what is better than a real good and clean sound!

It not depends of what you play. How many death metal bands are in E tuning. The best bands are in E tho!


You must have real dubious music taste to judge the quality of a band or it's music on tuning. But yeah, many fantastic bands do play in E.

To continue the point of the thread, mahogany is a good wood for clear low tunings. Also backs up the higher end.

I play a 7-string with 11-60's on board, detuned a wholetone to A. It's also got extended scale length. I guess 7's are really built for the lows, as its perfectly clear down at A. But I've heard enough good 6-string lowness going around.

And for amp's, you really need a brand that can handle it. I swear by Randall, and not only do I have intact headroom up at the high volumes, but again I have good tone and clarity. You need big, robust speakers and a good on-board EQ, with some middle/low emphasis. I keep my Contour knob low, or middle emphasised. A low A is about 110 Hz, which is quite deep. It's hard to get a good scooped detuned tone, but it is possible as far as I can remember from all the music in my head.

As far as lower tunings than A are concerned, Meshuggah have amazing tone down at their tunings, including a low D# I think in one of the songs on 'Nothing'. It doesn't matter if you like them or not, they have something to teach you about you about tuning low. I guess it's in part the fact they use even bigger, and more low-specialised 8-strings, but the original of 'Nothing' was on detuned 7-strings. They also use a 70 for the 8th string.
__________________


www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead



Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2007-06-04, 10:10
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
I fucking agree with ya! Personally, what is better than a real good and clean sound!

It not depends of what you play. How many death metal bands are in E tuning. The best bands are in E tho!


I disagree. I sometimes find things can be almost too clean. Leading to twangy or sometimes flat sounds. Personally I like my strings to buzz a little, I like my sound distorted and fuzzy but still distiguishable. It DOES depend one what you play. Someone who plays Cynic or Atheist Tech style Death Metal is not going to follow the same gear advice as someone who plays Autopsy or Cianide Death DooM.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2007-06-04, 10:12
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
You must have real dubious music taste to judge the quality of a band or it's music on tuning. But yeah, many fantastic bands do play in E.

To continue the point of the thread, mahogany is a good wood for clear low tunings. Also backs up the higher end.

I play a 7-string with 11-60's on board, detuned a wholetone to A. It's also got extended scale length. I guess 7's are really built for the lows, as its perfectly clear down at A. But I've heard enough good 6-string lowness going around.

And for amp's, you really need a brand that can handle it. I swear by Randall, and not only do I have intact headroom up at the high volumes, but again I have good tone and clarity. You need big, robust speakers and a good on-board EQ, with some middle/low emphasis. I keep my Contour knob low, or middle emphasised. A low A is about 110 Hz, which is quite deep. It's hard to get a good scooped detuned tone, but it is possible as far as I can remember from all the music in my head.

As far as lower tunings than A are concerned, Meshuggah have amazing tone down at their tunings, including a low D# I think in one of the songs on 'Nothing'. It doesn't matter if you like them or not, they have something to teach you about you about tuning low. I guess it's in part the fact they use even bigger, and more low-specialised 8-strings, but the original of 'Nothing' was on detuned 7-strings. They also use a 70 for the 8th string.


I am almost certain that Messugah use bass cabinets with their Triple Rectifiers. Cause with tunnings that low and strings that thick regular guitar cabs are going to fucking blow.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2007-06-04, 11:29
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
You must have real dubious music taste to judge the quality of a band or it's music on tuning. But yeah, many fantastic bands do play in E.


...Where did i said i judge band with their tuning....i just said most of the greatest band are in E....Anyway i listen some band with low tuning...im not judging their music. But those band in E tuning are in the best one IMO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2007-06-04, 11:32
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
I disagree. I sometimes find things can be almost too clean. Leading to twangy or sometimes flat sounds. Personally I like my strings to buzz a little, I like my sound distorted and fuzzy but still distiguishable. It DOES depend one what you play. Someone who plays Cynic or Atheist Tech style Death Metal is not going to follow the same gear advice as someone who plays Autopsy or Cianide Death DooM.


Do Martyr and Quo Vadis aren't enough heavy to be lower than E? lollllll

And dont give me Grindcore as exemple!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2007-06-04, 13:17
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I can't imagine having a "preferred" tuning for other bands. I had a short lived Mongolian Battlecruiser Grind band that tuned to Drop Z who were called "Drop Z". PM me for demos - 5$ each.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2007-06-04, 13:39
Musician1978 Musician1978 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 135
Drop "Z"...?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2007-06-04, 16:19
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician1978
Drop "Z"...?



he's retarded.












anyways, I do like A alot, and Im running my 6 string through my Line6 Spider 2 for distortion (its shitty I know =[) and then through my Behringer PA for the major amplification.

and I have the equalizer set mainly for bass, the channel EQ is set 0 on mid and +5 on both high and low (ranging the bass and high somewhere between +1 or -1 of +5)

the actual equalizer for both of my PA monitors is basicly a slant, 63-16k and the low end being the highest, (this is mainly because thats how I like my vocals through them, I tweek them for guitar) the high frequencies are lower, not all the way down mind you, and the bass is'nt all the way up either.

edit: oh and it's a Jackson Warrior with the stock "custom" pickups.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2007-06-04, 17:00
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I can't imagine having a "preferred" tuning for other bands. I had a short lived Mongolian Battlecruiser Grind band that tuned to Drop Z who were called "Drop Z". PM me for demos - 5$ each.



drop z.....it doesn't exist
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2007-06-04, 18:39
Hecatomb Hecatomb is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I can't imagine having a "preferred" tuning for other bands. I had a short lived Mongolian Battlecruiser Grind band that tuned to Drop Z who were called "Drop Z". PM me for demos - 5$ each.

That's nothing, bitch, I tune to Drop π.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2007-06-05, 06:40
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity Infinity is offline
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
^ LOL
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2007-06-05, 13:12
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Do Martyr and Quo Vadis aren't enough heavy to be lower than E? lollllll

And dont give me Grindcore as exemple!!


That's a ridiculous statement. Bassically you stated two bands who tune to E and that it doesn't get any heavier then you tell me not to list grindcore (which is odd since I know some grindcore bands tune to E). Maybe cause it's actually heavier than those bands but you don't want to admit it?
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.

Last edited by Casketcrusher : 2007-06-05 at 13:23.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2007-06-05, 13:17
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
For people who want the ultimate in br00tality why not just invest in a baritone and tune a whole octave lower?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2007-06-05, 14:57
4d5e6f's Avatar
4d5e6f 4d5e6f is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 503
Send a message via AIM to 4d5e6f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician1978
Drop "Z"...?

It was a joke about grindcore bands and their subgenres and tunings.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2007-06-05, 15:37
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
Actually, whenever I decide to make grindcore I usualy tune to standard or drop D.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2007-06-05, 16:34
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
That's a ridiculous statement. Bassically you stated two bands who tune to E and that it doesn't get any heavier then you tell me not to list grindcore (which is odd since I know some grindcore bands tune to E). Maybe cause it's actually heavier than those bands but you don't want to admit it?



I think i've just read one of the dumbest thing ever....


Repeat after me!

I said....Tuning doesn't matter with what you play, and dont give me grindcore band as exemple, BECAUSE MOST OF GRIND BAND ARE VERY LOW TUNNED AND WE ALL KNOW IT

And indeed grindcore is more heavy...but I dont give a fuck...grind suck IMO.
So before post something stupid like that, read carefuly next time! I won'T re-explain!!

Don't take it as an offense, i just hate when people disform what i said!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2007-06-05, 18:11
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
I think i've just read one of the dumbest thing ever....


Repeat after me!

I said....Tuning doesn't matter with what you play, and dont give me grindcore band as exemple, BECAUSE MOST OF GRIND BAND ARE VERY LOW TUNNED AND WE ALL KNOW IT

And indeed grindcore is more heavy...but I dont give a fuck...grind suck IMO.
So before post something stupid like that, read carefuly next time! I won'T re-explain!!

Don't take it as an offense, i just hate when people disform what i said!


First of all most grindcore bands are not that low tunned. A few tune to A but most tune to D, C#, and B.

Second. Get used to people not understanding you. Your english is not the best. I can barley understand your points. You are all over the place.

Saying the best bands are in E is such a strech that it the statement is ridiculous. If the best bands are in E. That means, over 90% of Death Metal bands are not included, and even Slayer is not. I'm not here to debate which bands are the best or what genre sucks. It does depend on what you play and what you prefer in your tone. So if you are just going to sit there and say the best bands are in E or how downtunning sucks why did you even join this thread? This thread is for people who like low tunning and are discussing it.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.

Last edited by Casketcrusher : 2007-06-05 at 18:29.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2007-06-05, 18:37
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
why did you even join this thread? This thread is for people who like low tunning and are discussing it.


If everyone think like you, only few people will discuss and this forum will die!

Im not debating anything..like i said 5432546 times IN MY OPINION!
Infinity says the same thing as me: he prefer E tuning...and no one like you bothered him on it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2007-06-05, 18:59
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
If everyone think like you, only few people will discuss and this forum will die!

Im not debating anything..like i said 5432546 times IN MY OPINION!
Infinity says the same thing as me: he prefer E tuning...and no one like you bothered him on it!


It would be the same thing. If a thread was posted about Grindcore, then someone posts on there stateing how much grindcore sucks, it not only be a waste of thread space but also pointless.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2007-06-05, 19:35
BOB_ZE_METALLEU's Avatar
BOB_ZE_METALLEU BOB_ZE_METALLEU is offline
the siamese
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: naked in a dead teenages dump
Posts: 2,294
Send a message via AIM to BOB_ZE_METALLEU Send a message via MSN to BOB_ZE_METALLEU
you know what...i wont arguing again!...you know my point, I know yours. Now continuing this will be pretty retard.

And anyway, there is nothing more to say!

now lets drink a beer, because i fucking want one!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
I'd cum in her even if it was my own daugther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.