MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password

Old 2002-10-30, 10:47
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight
From what I know of the music business which isn't a whole lot. This is how I understand things.. Small bands that get signed to small labels make their money off cd's.. The label pays for the them to go into Venues and play.. like Ohio Death Fest.. Milwaukee Metal fest.. Stuff like that. The bands don't get a cut at the door at Venue's they get free food.. Free beer what ever.. And when small signed bands play at gigs it's basically the same way.. They get a small cut at the door and really don't make much money. It all depends on the label I guess. All label's are different. When you get to the bigger bands.. The label pays for studio time and you have to pay for distributor costs.. Manger costs.. label costs.. you have to repay the studio from album costs for what you used basically.. Labels are almost like a loan company.. they front the money for you to go into the studio and you have to pay them back for that.. That's why alot of bands don't record alot.. It's expensive.. which i'm sure you guys know that.
Old 2002-10-30, 13:43
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah you're right, recording time is fucking expensive.

when we do gigs, we get free drinks and sometimes some food or something, we can get a split of the profits of the night sometimes (with the other 2 bands ofcourse, which leaves us with just a small amount per person ofcourse.)

bigger bands are beeing paid by the manager of the place they play, it's easy to get a paid gig, but thats just for normal sized bands, if you do get big it gets harder I think....
we're just enjoying the free beer at the moment sometimes we get paid a bit, but where happy with the travel cost and the drinks.
Old 2002-10-31, 13:11
Senior Metalhead

That's what all my friends like about being on a small label. They get to play small gigs which they love.. they've played a few bigger venue's which they liked.. But they didn't get paid anything.. the small gigs they get a tiny bit per person.. and all the free beer and food they want.. plus it's more personal.. not so many people.. But also in turn with the label that they're on they get the chance to tour with the big boys every once in awhile.. As for studio time.. all they've done so far is a few splits with a few other bands.. But they're going into the studio by Dec 31st to start on their full length.. But they've got a pretty good hookup with a few studio's so it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg plus it's pretty good quality. (not a guy in his basement with a 4 track)
Old 2002-10-31, 13:31
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah you're right, that's why small labels are nice.

though, I'm not going to record a full length if we're gonna have to pay for it ourselves!!!
that's why we need a label, but we are not ready for recording, we're stuck with university and shit, so it's just good fun untill now.
but who knows in the future..

we do get big gigs with 100+ people but it's just pure fun to have bigger audiences but ofcourse not too big, I wouldn't even want to play at ozzfest or something like that
Old 2002-10-31, 15:31
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
You know what I just thought of that struck me as amusing? What if a bunch of Iced Earth fans went and fell in love with Limp Bizkit, and it irrevocably starts the downfall of real metal

Things to think about, hehe.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2002-10-31, 17:53
The Crying Orc

The Immolation, Adema, Krisiun, and Hoobastank World Tour 2002.
Old 2002-10-31, 18:23
Post-whore

Re: Re: Limp Bizcuit World Tour with special guest- Iced Earth

Quote:
Originally posted by mrweijia
i didnt know that a band had to pay to perform. dont they make money off tours?

yes they do, except they got no money from ozzfest. $75,000 is a very small amount compared to the huge exposure a band gets from ozzfest...

"I guess it all works out in the end"
"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-11-01, 02:59
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis
You know what I just thought of that struck me as amusing? What if a bunch of Iced Earth fans went and fell in love with Limp Bizkit, and it irrevocably starts the downfall of real metal

Things to think about, hehe.

things to forget about, quickly haha
Old 2002-11-01, 02:59
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by *Def-Fx*
things to forget about, quickly haha

let gorguts play with linkin park or something, haha
those linkin park guys will run away screaming
Old 2002-11-01, 08:43
Jarhead

not really numetal but...

Cannibal Corpse with ICP. show em what being offensive is all about
Old 2002-11-02, 00:22
Post-whore

ICP is such garbage....... i didnt know that they were still popular, i figured there time was up.......

"I guess it all works out in the end"
"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-11-03, 11:51
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to mrweijia Send a message via Yahoo to mrweijia
so basically whoever organises the concert gets the money? and the bands get publicity/advertising. wow, ozzy must make a shit load of money
Old 2002-11-04, 08:38
Jarhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic Penis
ICP is such garbage....... i didnt know that they were still popular

they arent popular, but i just saw and advertisement for their new cd so it reminded me of them. fucking wiggers
Old 2002-11-05, 19:28
Senior Metalhead

I saw ICP live once.. I saw them with Gwar.. Gwar was pretty funny.. ICP was crap.. but I have to give them credit for one thing.. they are machines.. they never breathe.. it's just constant <cringes> "rapping"
Old 2002-11-10, 17:44
Metalhead

ICED EARTH AND LIMP BIZKIT

ICED EARTH ROCKS
LIMP BIZKIT IS A PEICE OF SHIT, THEY ARE NOT METAL, FUCK EM TO HELL!!!
****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ************************************
Old 2002-11-19, 11:48
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to sevenstringstik
i would only go to see a metal band with limp bizkit if the metal band made fun of fred durst before he came out.
Old 2002-11-22, 08:02
Senior Metalhead

I'll go there With a iced earth t-shirt on me, and with a friend who wear a "FUCK NU_METAL or FUCK BIZKIT etc tshirt)

I'll also bring a gun ( in my car) so after the show, I'll take it and I'll shoot all the nu-metal fags (with bizkit too)
Old 2003-07-18, 11:17
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to shredder
i think death metal bands are more deserving of fame than bands like limp bizkit, and korn. there is soooo much more work that goes into this kind of music. it makes me sick to see that people think that the simplest music is so great, like disturbed, pod, etc. it can't take anymore than an hour to write shit like that, its so easy. then you have the twits that say things like "death metal sucks, you can't even understand what they are saying, its just a bunch of noise," it fucking pisses me off people are going to remain stupid though, and won't ever realize what real musical talent is, even if death metal gets the promotion.
Old 2003-07-18, 21:54
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Or how about this: You take a bunch of talented bands (Suffocation, Dissection, Agalloch, Deeds Of Flesh, etc.) and put them on ONE TOUR. Then you charge 50 bucks to see 5 bands. Hell, if Iron Maiden charge 50 to see 2 shit band before they come on and kick ass, why not have 5 bands that ALL fucking own? Eh? Eh?? EH????!!!!

Awesome.
Old 2003-07-21, 15:29
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
This is stupid, the lat thing metal needs are a bunch of 12 year olds running around acting like they like some band that openied up for Limp Bizkit.

$50? Christ the most i ever paid for a concert like taht was $25 for Slayer. $18 to see Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, and Macabre.