MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Music Theory
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 2007-04-28, 03:19
Schizoid's Avatar
Schizoid Schizoid is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 290
Italian Theory

Hello Metal Heads,

I hope this is an appropriate forum to post this thread; I didn't know where else to post it. I guess it appropriate since it has to do with music theory.

I realized that I'm very attracted to music from Italy and I love metal bands coming from their. I like the way they use their music theory. I love their melodies and solos, it is so musically melodic, virtuoso and emotionally in depth. Example Vivaldi ;it's so darn beautiful. The band dark moor and Graveworm are awesome. I want to study Italian music theory deeper; so can you please write a list of good Italian metal bands, classic composers and other good music.


Thank You all
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2007-04-28, 06:06
guitar_demon's Avatar
guitar_demon guitar_demon is offline
MotörCat
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: &#26132&#26132
Posts: 7,547
Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
the only italian band that comes to mind is elvenking if your into that stuff. go to metal-archives and search by country

list of composers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Italian_composers
__________________
POW MIA NEVER FORGOTTEN
no one can tell you to turn down your amp unless they're of higher skill or in your band
Why not make shit up as we go-fox
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2007-04-29, 06:20
Unanything's Avatar
Unanything Unanything is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ballater, Scotland, UK.
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Yeah, the kinds of music you actually refer to are Baroque and power metal. I guess the Italians do it well. Also look up the Italian overture while you are on Wikipedia.
__________________


www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead



Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2007-05-05, 05:53
Schizoid's Avatar
Schizoid Schizoid is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Yeah, the kinds of music you actually refer to are Baroque and power metal. I guess the Italians do it well. Also look up the Italian overture while you are on Wikipedia.


Yea the Baroque it's amazing. Yngwie style is Baroque in guitar and he's Italian. I don't like it when people say his music is just technical because it is completely false. It is very attractive, catchy, exquisite and very well constructed. There are many guitarist that have rambling solos and his is anything but that. Baroque is the best!
Most of Baroque music is quite complex. Graveworm is obviously not Baroque but their melodies in their songs are ravishingly beautiful. It's got the same attractive feel. Any feedback would be great.
Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2007-05-05, 06:57
deifiler's Avatar
deifiler deifiler is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 274
Cripple Bastards

(Will ruin your Italian dream)
__________________
Play it 'til your fingers bleed

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2007-05-05, 07:32
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast brainsforbreakfast is offline
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
Send a message via MSN to brainsforbreakfast
Oh shit, there is Itallian theory too?
Damn, I wasted all my time just learning French and Spanish theory.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2007-05-05, 07:55
aslkvbiwbegv aslkvbiwbegv is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizoid
Yea the Baroque it's amazing. Yngwie style is Baroque in guitar and he's Italian. I don't like it when people say his music is just technical because it is completely false. It is very attractive, catchy, exquisite and very well constructed. There are many guitarist that have rambling solos and his is anything but that. Baroque is the best!
Most of Baroque music is quite complex. Graveworm is obviously not Baroque but their melodies in their songs are ravishingly beautiful. It's got the same attractive feel. Any feedback would be great.
Thank You


Yngwie is from Sweden, and Italian music doesn't have its own theory.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2007-05-06, 15:36
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror powersofterror is offline
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
Psh dude, then you've obviously never heard of Antarctican theory....their minor scales are so cold you'll get heat stroke.

And Malmsteen isn't Swedish, he's a Jewish Pole who hails from a coal mine. He only comes out of hiding to play E Phrygian; and no, he really isn't the President of the Women's Right's movement--he's just gay. In fact, I believe Malmsteen is a muscial term for when someone has fat fingers with "attitude."

Italian theory, on the other hand, is merely a phrase to explain Einstein's theory of relativity. It's also been used as an adverb to describe the time when President George Dubya Washington wore a loin cloth while trying to take over the world. Single-handedly won us the Cold War it did.

I think Transylvanian theory is actually the theory you must be talking about because that theory is representive of all metal music possible. Yes, that's right. It's also the theory that explains why Cropduster (or is it crotchduster?) has the possiblility of sucking.

These....are worthy of Wikipedia....
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2007-05-06 at 15:42.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2007-05-07, 08:26
aslkvbiwbegv aslkvbiwbegv is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Psh dude, then you've obviously never heard of Antarctican theory....their minor scales are so cold you'll get heat stroke.

And Malmsteen isn't Swedish, he's a Jewish Pole who hails from a coal mine. He only comes out of hiding to play E Phrygian; and no, he really isn't the President of the Women's Right's movement--he's just gay. In fact, I believe Malmsteen is a muscial term for when someone has fat fingers with "attitude."

Italian theory, on the other hand, is merely a phrase to explain Einstein's theory of relativity. It's also been used as an adverb to describe the time when President George Dubya Washington wore a loin cloth while trying to take over the world. Single-handedly won us the Cold War it did.

I think Transylvanian theory is actually the theory you must be talking about because that theory is representive of all metal music possible. Yes, that's right. It's also the theory that explains why Cropduster (or is it crotchduster?) has the possiblility of sucking.

These....are worthy of Wikipedia....


lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2007-05-07, 12:50
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast brainsforbreakfast is offline
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
Send a message via MSN to brainsforbreakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Psh dude, then you've obviously never heard of Antarctican theory....their minor scales are so cold you'll get heat stroke.

And Malmsteen isn't Swedish, he's a Jewish Pole who hails from a coal mine. He only comes out of hiding to play E Phrygian; and no, he really isn't the President of the Women's Right's movement--he's just gay. In fact, I believe Malmsteen is a muscial term for when someone has fat fingers with "attitude."

Italian theory, on the other hand, is merely a phrase to explain Einstein's theory of relativity. It's also been used as an adverb to describe the time when President George Dubya Washington wore a loin cloth while trying to take over the world. Single-handedly won us the Cold War it did.

I think Transylvanian theory is actually the theory you must be talking about because that theory is representive of all metal music possible. Yes, that's right. It's also the theory that explains why Cropduster (or is it crotchduster?) has the possiblility of sucking.

These....are worthy of Wikipedia....


I want what he is drinking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2007-05-07, 14:18
Requiem Requiem is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: terra firma
Posts: 6,940
Dark Moor is from Spain

And yes, Italian music is just amazing, for the most part.

You should also check out Rhapsody,Luca Turilli, and Sonata Artica.

Sonata Artica isn't from Italy but they are what you're looking for.

Last edited by Requiem : 2007-05-07 at 14:22.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2007-05-09, 11:08
Schizoid's Avatar
Schizoid Schizoid is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 290
Sorry my big apologies for saying Malmsteen is from Italy! Antarctican theory that doesn't ring a bell? Recently I've been listening to some European folk music which I think is from Hungarian; very nice. Anyway is this what you’re referring to by "Transylvanian theory"? Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, and Sonata Artica sound very interesting to me; thanks for that info I’ll check them out soon!

Last edited by Schizoid : 2007-05-09 at 11:22.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2007-05-09, 11:24
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror powersofterror is offline
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
Wow, I really hope you're serious about checking transylvanian theory out.
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:36.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.