MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > News
User Name
Password

Old 2007-05-11, 10:12
The Mountie From Hell

Send a message via MSN to FearFrost
If i remember correct, the "vehemence" tabs we have were posted by john from the band.
Old 2007-05-11, 10:23
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
Yeah, and Im pretty sure Cephalic Carnage posted some of their tabs as well.
Old 2007-05-12, 15:00
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Unanything
Good luck trying to get hold of Pestilence. I read somewhere that the last time one member was seen, it was on a cruise boat playing in a jazz band.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!
Old 2007-05-12, 15:23
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unadorned
They formed in 1992, it's not like they're some new upstart band trying to cash in on the oldschool spirit. I'm not terribly fond of them, but I don't think not wanting to share their songs is particularly unreasonable if they're doing it for artistic reasons rather than for money.

This is all off-topic, at any rate..

Well it is not that off topic...because my point is if you don't want people 'being influenced' or 'learning your songs 'or 'performing them' or 'imitating you' then stick to playing in your bedroom where no one can hear and don't release them on an album for the whole world to get hold of.

Last edited by Dahmers Fridge : 2007-05-12 at 16:01.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:44
Life is pain.
Banned

haha good point
Old 2007-05-13, 10:32
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, it's a bullshit reason to establish a pose. Wonder why it took an argument to make that clear. It's a claim that's diametrically opposed to being a musician and should fall apart whenever anybody spends the 30 seconds it takes to consider it; since most people don't spend even that amount of time considering even Gorgoroth's entire career, it's not surprising that there isn't more outcry. But, seriously, it's a dumbass claim, and a dumbass reason to deny tabs. What is it with bands from Norway and the refusal to acknowledge the important role played by fans?
Old 2007-05-13, 10:56
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Yeah, it's a bullshit reason to establish a pose. Wonder why it took an argument to make that clear. It's a claim that's diametrically opposed to being a musician and should fall apart whenever anybody spends the 30 seconds it takes to consider it; since most people don't spend even that amount of time considering even Gorgoroth's entire career, it's not surprising that there isn't more outcry. But, seriously, it's a dumbass claim, and a dumbass reason to deny tabs. What is it with bands from Norway and the refusal to acknowledge the important role played by fans?

Gorgoroth are a bunch of cocks in general, like it is with most of the oldschool elite black metal bands(and a wealth of newer ones). Their attitude towards tabs is really unsurprising.

Their music is dead simple anyway, I'm sure everyone here could figure their shit out by ear.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2007-05-13, 16:56
Metalhead

Any band that would prefer not to have paint-by-numbers kits for their music posted online must be posers?

OK then.

(Note: I am NOT endorsing the MPAA money grab in any way whatsoever. I just think that artistic reasons, like those of Gorgoroth, are valid. I don't like them, but they're valid.)
Old 2007-05-13, 20:07
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Any band who says 'We don't allow anybody to have our tabs or lyrics because we don't want to be imitated, which is why we also don't play in public and don't release music on compact disk worldwide and don't try to make a living as musicians' is full of shit and, yes, a bunch of posers. They have a certain image they want to uphold and say shit to uphold it; that's being a poser. Imagine where music would be now if any artist of importance had their attitude; fortunately none do or will.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:35
Post-whore

Since when did Gorgoroth make music good enough to be emulated?

Quote:
What is it with bands from Norway and the refusal to acknowledge the important role played by fans?

I think a lot of them only care about escaping the blandness of their lives.

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2007-05-13 at 20:38.
Old 2007-05-14, 08:09
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Since when did Gorgoroth make music good enough to be emulated?

I think a lot of them only care about escaping the blandness of their lives.

+1 to the last 2 replies. It's all a big facade.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2007-05-14 at 08:12.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:45
Metalhead

Quote:
Any band who says 'We don't allow anybody to have our tabs or lyrics because we don't want to be imitated, which is why we also don't play in public and don't release music on compact disk worldwide and don't try to make a living as musicians' is full of shit and, yes, a bunch of posers. They have a certain image they want to uphold and say shit to uphold it; that's being a poser. Imagine where music would be now if any artist of importance had their attitude; fortunately none do or will.

Are you saying that any band that intentionally cultivates an image are posers? Because if you are, I must point out that most of the really important/influential bands in metal have cultivated an image. I'm thinking Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Overkill, Sodom, Death, etc..

A band that cultivates an image because it will sell more records are posers. A band that cultivates an image because they feel that it contributes to their music, however, are not posers (and let's face it, any music which is intended to be played live, like metal, involves image at least to some small degree.. humans are social creatures, and we present ourselves in one way or another whether we like it or not.) All of the above bands, at least during the period when they were artistically relevant, are/were in the latter camp.

From what I know of Gorgoroth (interviews, etc.. actual interviews, not ones where they're drunk and taking the proverbial piss), I definitely believe that they are in the latter camp as well; they're in it for the art, not to make money or look cool or have lots of fans. You're welcome to disagree, of course, but I don't think that you've presented any kind of argument beyond a knee-jerk "I don't like their music/image/decision, they must be narcissistic assholes." That's not fair or reasonable. Someone said that not sharing tabs is "diametrically opposted to being a musician".. I don't see how it's some kind of duty of musicians to let other people copy their work. As a guitarist, I think it kind of sucks, but I'm not going to say shit about people who make that decision (for legitimate reasons, ie not money.)

Of course, you can argue that they're just lying and posing in interviews.. but, as a general rule, bands that are all about image and what's trendy tend not to survive through 15 years, 7 albums, and numerous lineup changes. And frankly, unless you just don't like black metal, some of their stuff is pretty good. I've no idea where all this name-calling is coming from..

I doubt I'm going to convince you guys, so I'm done arguing about it.
Old 2007-05-14, 15:18
New Blood

Nomad, I have sopken to Josh Christian from Toxik, and he said he is perfectly cool with tabs being put up (and even offered to help with a Time After Time tab ). I contacted him through myspace, so if you need to contact him directly, here is his myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=143892160
Old 2007-05-14, 20:04
round the world
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Zero
Nomad, I have sopken to Josh Christian from Toxik, and he said he is perfectly cool with tabs being put up (and even offered to help with a Time After Time tab ). I contacted him through myspace, so if you need to contact him directly, here is his myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=143892160

Thanks, I've got an e-mail from him. Toxik tabs will be up soon...
Old 2007-05-14, 20:41
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Thanks, I've got an e-mail from him. Toxik tabs will be up soon...

No, Thank YOU for all the hard work you've done
Old 2007-05-17, 21:47
New Blood

It would be a good idea to message prominent band members on their myspace. I know that Trey Azagthoth has one; Luc Lemay has one also, and I'm sure many other people do too.
Old 2007-05-17, 22:55
round the world
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCadaver
It would be a good idea to message prominent band members on their myspace. I know that Trey Azagthoth has one; Luc Lemay has one also, and I'm sure many other people do too.

I'm doing that. It just takes time to reach 1000+ bands...
Old 2007-05-18, 11:46
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
hey nomad how are you going to prove that you have gotten permission if th nmpa comes back here and sees tabs back
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Last edited by guitar_demon : 2007-05-18 at 11:52.
Old 2007-05-18, 22:01
round the world
Administrator

I keep all e-mails.
Old 2007-05-19, 00:14
New Blood

who the hell would want to 'imitate' gorgoroth?

fuckin bizarre that any band would be against a fan learning to play their stuff via tab. as long as the riffs aren't stolen and re-released, what harm does it do to anybody?