Old 2007-04-07, 15:07
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Defloration - The Bone Collection

Defloration - The Bone Collection
Remission Records

file under Death metal

Menno: A bit too often for my likings very mediocre CD's fall on my doorstep waiting for an original review to be written. Some people may find it a terrible misunderstanding, but the vast majority of worthless death metal spawns from Germany. With a tad of perforce I give 'The Bone Collection' from the Germans with the terrible name Defloration a spin.

Most of the time my prejudices have a reasonable ground but this time I'm slapped in the face. Defloration is no steamroller but knows how to make death metal nevertheless. Of course it's hard to describe music when the readers can't actually listen themselves; descriptions like raging drums, a deep grunt and brutal guitar riffs don't mean much in the end if you can't judge for yourself. Nevertheless, these words with others like screaming solos and pumping bass fit Deflorations music perfectly. What makes Defloration more special that the other German bands? I guess it's just the fact that Deflorations guitarists do know how to write an interesting guitar riff. And yes the drums are raging, and yes the singer has a convincing growl. It's not a big surprise that a label dares to sign Defloration. Yup, these guys are doing great.

Rating: 80/100 (details)

http://www.defloration-deathmetal.de/