MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts

Old 2007-04-05, 18:38
basstendencies
Senior Metalhead

gojira and trivium european tour

is this some kind of a joke? these kids are going to find themselves getting blown off of the stage after gojira lays waste to everything in their path night after night. they wouldve been much smarter to take a less ass kicking unit on the road with them. perhaps avenged sevenfold or atreyu. regardless i'll post dates when i see em.

Old 2007-04-06, 00:31
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstendencies
is this some kind of a joke? these kids are going to find themselves getting blown off of the stage after gojira lays waste to everything in their path night after night. they wouldve been much smarter to take a less ass kicking unit on the road with them. perhaps avenged sevenfold or atreyu. regardless i'll post dates when i see em.

saw Gojira the other night man, did'nt do too bad i guess, i actually don't even want to say anything bad about them. But i will say they are repetitive, and maybe they sound better on cd then live. I mean they did good but i did have some issues with some of there material. They could spice their playing up a hell of a lot with a few solo's. Really it wouldn't hurt i even heard spots where it seemed they were about to do it but nothing. Maybe they are more popular in Europe ah? Anyway after getting pissed balloons thrown at me on stage i would say fuck you European bastards anyway. Trivium did impress me alot with their perfomace tho, i gotta say i may not like their music alot but as a band i do have the up most respect for them.(i got to chat with them pretty cool guys)

Old 2007-04-06, 00:41
basstendencies
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
saw Gojira the other night man, did'nt do too bad i guess, i actually don't even want to say anything bad about them. But i will say they are repetitive, and maybe they sound better on cd then live. I mean they did good but i did have some issues with some of there material. They could spice their playing up a hell of a lot with a few solo's. Really it wouldn't hurt i even heard spots where it seemed they were about to do it but nothing. Maybe they are more popular in Europe ah? Anyway after getting pissed balloons thrown at me on stage i would say fuck you European bastards anyway. Trivium did impress me alot with their perfomace tho, i gotta say i may not like their music alot but as a band i do have the up most respect for them.(i got to chat with them pretty cool guys)

i can see gojira being better recorded.their records are excellent, but i can see it being tough to translate live. the boys in trivium can definitely play their instruments,but its gotta suck when your opener goes out and smokes you. i guess i just take issue with their mcmetal, and due to that im probably overly harsh on them. i definitely would not return anywhere that i was piss ballooned.

Old 2007-04-06, 00:47
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstendencies
i can see gojira being better recorded.their records are excellent, but i can see it being tough to translate live.

?Translate? they spoke English?There domestic cds are in french?...o shit man if thats the case then no wonder when the guy at one point actually had alot of real broking english going on when he was trying to talk at one point..it was like he started out fine but i think he went a little longer talking than expected and talked about something more than he was suppose to(like he had it all plained out to say what he said but went a little fruther with it) and it was just like his voice which seemed to speak really good english went into this broking void. Like he just fucked all up speaking and the french tongue trying to speak english hit him hard...at that point he just went str8 into screaming about another song..haha its fucking amazing how when everyone growls no matter what the lanuage it all sounds the same...except with me im too damn country, it sounds more like ahunter trying to call his coondogs back.

Old 2007-04-06, 01:05
basstendencies
Senior Metalhead

no they sing in english all the time. i meant their songwriting is the type that would be better on cd. heh i can see as where that was misleading though. i wish more bands would sing in their native tongue, its cool.

Old 2007-04-26, 22:42
Mordor
Post-whore

just posted about this gig, was awesome other than shitty trivium, see it in the uk gig section

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!