MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2007-04-07, 12:11
Senior Metalhead

If you look at the albums as in "not you own opinion" but in terms of what is actually in the music i would say cannibal corpse is better.
Old 2007-04-07, 13:13
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Because Kill is boring old Cannibal Corpse and Stench of Redemption is a different direction for Deicide [not sucking]

I fail to see how Stench of Redemption is different from the same old shit they've been recycling for ages now. Maybe everyone is all like "OOOH, Jack Owen, now it's somehow different even though he didn't write any of the songs." I'm more like "hmm, this is just like Scars of the Crucifix, which was also touted by fanboys as Deicide's return to prominence and greatness but mysteriously sounded like the rest of their mediocre shit." There's more than a few good tracks (i.e. title track) and nothing is offensively bad, but that's the only positive thing I can say about it.
Old 2007-04-07, 16:11
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to Dragonamyss
I'd definately say that Kill is a better album than the Stench of redemption...I believe Deicide are washed up and don't have much more to offer, like the last person stated, mediocre shit. The band hasn't made a GREAT album in a while, just a couple good songs on each album, then the rest blend into one...as for Kill by Cannibal Corpse I think is a great album, and is Cannibal Corpse style but not just having the identical sound, in my ears anyway. One more thing about Deicide too.,..I'm fucking sick of the overdone anti-christian, i hate jesus shit, when thats all they've ever done...and apart from anything the last interview with Glen Benton I read he talked more about his kids than anything else.
Old 2007-04-07, 19:30
Post-whore

Stench is the best album Deicide have put out in years. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it kicked ass.

Kill bored me to sleep like most of CC's material to be honest.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2007-04-07, 20:23
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonamyss
I'd definately say that Kill is a better album than the Stench of redemption...I believe Deicide are washed up and don't have much more to offer, like the last person stated, mediocre shit. The band hasn't made a GREAT album in a while, just a couple good songs on each album, then the rest blend into one...as for Kill by Cannibal Corpse I think is a great album, and is Cannibal Corpse style but not just having the identical sound, in my ears anyway. One more thing about Deicide too.,..I'm fucking sick of the overdone anti-christian, i hate jesus shit, when thats all they've ever done...and apart from anything the last interview with Glen Benton I read he talked more about his kids than anything else.

CC's lyrics are equally stereotypical, uninventive, and boring, although perhaps not so puerile.