MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2007-03-14, 07:05
Senior Metalhead

I think humans are too smart for our own good.

People have mentioned survival of the fittest but that doesn't really apply to us as a species in the western world anymore, at this very moment. With modern medicine, weak people who would've died hundreds of years ago are living on, having kids and weakening the general population. More educated and 'successful' people have kids later in life when infertility is more common and risk of abnormal births are higher. Trailer trash/rednecks/ferals have kids early on and a fuck load of them and many turn out like their parents.

If someone ever discovers a cure for cancer, or the silver bullet, they will be praised, showered with awards and labeled a saviour of millions. Realistically, it'll fuck us more than benefit us. 1/4 of all deaths will cease. Over-population will become more apparent than ever.

When the world's main problem becomes over-population, which will happen regardless, I believe it will be solved through nuclear war.

I know it's nazi like but it's probably realistic

Just Click On These
Friendship In School Hours
StraightEdge Tattoo Removalist
The Acid Dancers
Skull Full Of Unicorns
Old 2007-03-14, 07:23
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve420
I think humans are too smart for our own good.

People have mentioned survival of the fittest but that doesn't really apply to us as a species in the western world anymore, at this very moment. With modern medicine, weak people who would've died hundreds of years ago are living on, having kids and weakening the general population. More educated and 'successful' people have kids later in life when infertility is more common and risk of abnormal births are higher. Trailer trash/rednecks/ferals have kids early on and a fuck load of them and many turn out like their parents.

If someone ever discovers a cure for cancer, or the silver bullet, they will be praised, showered with awards and labeled a saviour of millions. Realistically, it'll fuck us more than benefit us. 1/4 of all deaths will cease. Over-population will become more apparent than ever.

When the world's main problem becomes over-population, which will happen regardless, I believe it will be solved through nuclear war.

I know it's nazi like but it's probably realistic

You need to look much more indepth into the subject. First of all you're comparing a process that takes thousands to millions of years to "modern" events and changes. Thats your first mistake.

Also why just the "western world?" What are "we" doing that the rest of the globe isn't doing? Are we so fundamentally different that the basics of human survival and living are different?

What does "trailer trash", "rednecks" , or "ferals" have to do with anything? In my opinion that was one of the most ignorant comments i've ever read/heard. Also what does that have to do with producing a number of kids or that they'll end up "just like their parents?"

Furthermore you should read up on the LONG term effects of disease and sickness before making broad assumptions that you have.

Hence another case of somebody putting their 2 cents in without any knowledge base to go on. Although we all do it from time to time, opinions or just b.s. is usually passed off as facts.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2007-03-14, 08:37
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Not even close man. I recommend taking a basic physical geology class. you'd be amazed at the information gathered, and its just an intro class. We have extremely solid evidence towards a little over 3.5 billion years. When you start getting close to 4 billion it begins to get hazy because of crust that was reheated again and again in the predicted early stages of the earth. This is called the Hadean eon which goes back to about 4.5 billion years.

In regards to weather and climate we have more evidence than you can possibly fathom over the years. Evidence of glacier weathering, reheated elements, areas that originally contained flowing water or ice and all sorts of other things.

Hell we even have dated the shifts in the electromagnetic poles of the planet via cooled magma containing magnetic materials and their alignment across the globe.

I definitely recommend taking a class or picking up a geology book.

200 years? PFFF. You could pick up random rocks dated well beyond 200 years if you wanted to. Hell if you wanted to do some digging you could easily find sand/silt/mud stone containing fossils of organisms millions of years old.

You're right. I'm a dumbass. When I was typing my response before, in my mind I had data graphs such as the sunspot cycle graph. I was thinking about graphs humans have collected observations (as they occured) for.
As soon as I started reading your post, all the fucking Discovery and NatGeo programs i've viewed over the years flooded into my mind. Yearly weather through trees (corkscrew core), erosion, caves, soil analysis, bacteria, shit heaps of imagery into my head. Fuck. Earlier today I was out of it, and still am, which you can probably tell by the disjointed flow of this response.

Anyway, goodnight.
Old 2007-03-14, 08:59
Life is pain.
Banned

personally i think the statement is far far too vague and open ended to possibly box an answer, you could expand on this for a very very long time and it would take alot of effort to word everything effectively. focus on one or 2 cohesive points and go with it.
Old 2007-03-14, 09:47
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I remember reading the comic and I remember Pogo being a cool character with an awesome nose. That's about it.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2007-03-14, 12:09
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Me himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
we are all humans and most of our enemies are humans

That really isn't saying much. As with most (pretty much all) species, there's competition among ourselves as there is competition from outside species, as well. A profound revelation!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.
Old 2007-03-14, 12:25
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
You're right. I'm a dumbass. When I was typing my response before, in my mind I had data graphs such as the sunspot cycle graph. I was thinking about graphs humans have collected observations (as they occured) for.
As soon as I started reading your post, all the fucking Discovery and NatGeo programs i've viewed over the years flooded into my mind. Yearly weather through trees (corkscrew core), erosion, caves, soil analysis, bacteria, shit heaps of imagery into my head. Fuck. Earlier today I was out of it, and still am, which you can probably tell by the disjointed flow of this response.

Anyway, goodnight.

Tada! haha. It happens. If anything you make me feel better in thinking that you aren't so retarded and living in a box to honestly think we have no knowledge past 200 years. Hell the american constitution is older than that and its just sitting down the road..
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:00
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Tada! haha. It happens. If anything you make me feel better in thinking that you aren't so retarded and living in a box to honestly think we have no knowledge past 200 years. Hell the american constitution is older than that and its just sitting down the road..

Yeah but you can't compare a fucking constitution to observational evidence really. Meh
Old 2007-03-15, 07:08
Life is pain.
Banned

id disagree, if aliens that we had never met before just flew in and write a new constitution, do you think it would look anything like ours? no, because they havn't studied and observed, they dont have the knowledge that we have of ourselves. if we didn't study and observe ourselves, how would we know what to put into a constitution.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:21
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
id disagree, if aliens that we had never met before just flew in and write a new constitution, do you think it would look anything like ours? no, because they havn't studied and observed, they dont have the knowledge that we have of ourselves. if we didn't study and observe ourselves, how would we know what to put into a constitution.

What if we saw their constitution? And found out their entire species was in conflict.. just like us. Would we then teach them our number and maths system just so we could emphasize the importance of the number 42? No, but we would correct in saying that those aliens we had never met before had never met us before yet we had met them before, so then the study of thier constitution by them would be fairly arbitrary.
Old 2007-03-15, 07:45
Life is pain.
Banned

Lol what the fuck that literally does not make sense!
Old 2007-03-15, 09:01
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Lol what the fuck that literally does not make sense!

After rereading it for the 2nd time i'm still
Quote:
No, but we would correct in saying that those aliens we had never met before had never met us before yet we had met them before
Old 2007-03-15, 09:03
Life is pain.
Banned

dont worry he told me it was just bullshit to annoy me
Old 2007-03-15, 12:39
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Excuse me, but how the hell did this topic go from talking about the enviroment to discussing the quote to the US constitution to ALIENS?

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:09
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Excuse me, but how the hell did this topic go from talking about the enviroment to discussing the quote to the US constitution to ALIENS?

Welcome to Metal tabs, and furthermore welcome to Chit Chat.

Cunt.

Oh and btw you could use the constitution for observational analysis of <200 years. I'm not sure how much "climate" data you could get out of it, especially since its now like uber locked up in a vaccum sealed glass container.

I was just simply throwing out something random over 200 years old.

But regardless we've concluded climate and enviornment can and has easily been recorded over time.

Here is another random idea for the topic. What about something like employeers and their "battle" with internal dissent and theft. I read or heard somewhere that most crimes committed against companies are internal. Could be an intresting topic to write about.
Old 2007-03-24, 04:41
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
You need to look much more indepth into the subject. First of all you're comparing a process that takes thousands to millions of years to "modern" events and changes. Thats your first mistake.

So something as dramatic as the introduction of antibiotics can't or won't possibly have any affect on the genetic pool? Antibiotics have rendered some genetic traits useless as it's brought things back to an even playing field. Those with slightly less effective immune systems who potentially would've been knocked off as kids have the chance to pass on their faulty genes and those with better immune systems have little chance to distinguish themselves from the rest. Who says that this won't go on for thousands of years and eventually make a mark on the gene pool? And then a possible widespread nuclear war with lack of resources or a pandemic involving a new disease untouched by antibiotics to fuck us over?

Quote:
Also why just the "western world?" What are "we" doing that the rest of the globe isn't doing? Are we so fundamentally different that the basics of human survival and living are different?

Wake up. You don't think that third world countries suffer more from different life-threatening diseases than developed countries (TB, typhoid, malaria, cholera...etc) and that they have less resources to deal with it? Or are you suggesting that this has no impact on survival?

Quote:
What does "trailer trash", "rednecks" , or "ferals" have to do with anything? In my opinion that was one of the most ignorant comments i've ever read/heard. Also what does that have to do with producing a number of kids or that they'll end up "just like their parents?"

It seems too easy to call someone ignorant, straight out, for using labels such as trailer trash. You'd have to be ignorant not to understand that people of lower socio-economic standing generally (as in the majority) have children earlier and more of them than those more well off. You'd also have to be ignorant to believe that they have less problems such as health (mental and physical), substance abuse, social problems...etc and that people growing up like that aren't less likely to get higher education and break out of the self perpetuating problem. I just thought it was ironic that 'survival of the fittest' is about the strongest, more valid passing on their genes and it seems that it's been totally turned on its head.

Quote:
Furthermore you should read up on the LONG term effects of disease and sickness before making broad assumptions that you have.

What the fuck does that mean? Are you talking about chronic disease or how disease effects populations? If you're talking about the cure to cancer thing, I'm not saying that 1/4 of the population won't die, I'm saying that those who would die at 30-50 from cancer are more likely to live on to older ages (70-90), contributing to over-population and being a burden on the population. You can't say that that won't have any impact

Quote:
Hence another case of somebody putting their 2 cents in without any knowledge base to go on. Although we all do it from time to time, opinions or just b.s. is usually passed off as facts.

All you did was pick apart my shit without adding anything. Where the fuck's your facts? Prove to me how antibiotics/cure for cancer haven't/can't have an impact on populations.

Basically what I was saying, in a round about way, was that we've moved totally away from the basic human survival. The concept of being the fastest, stongest and more able to survive and procreate has become almost totally obsolete in our world. Everybody but the bottom of the bottom has the base requirements (shelter, food, water) to survive and reproduce, even if they haven't earned it themselves (government support, the dole, charity...). Our life goals have totally changed. It's all about being employed to earn money to spend on shit that we don't really have enough time to enjoy because we're too busy earning money so we can buy it. Compare that to hunting/growing/gathering food to eat, building shelter, making clothes (ie doing all the basics). We used to spend time working and achieving for our own direct benefit, now we spend time, and too much of it, 'contibuting to the community' and being left to worry about bullshit like mortgages, bills and buying our own happiness. As I said, I think we're too smart for our own good. We've gone too far in trying to make things easy for ourselves to the point that it's become over complicated. Essentially we are our own enemy.

I'm sorry that got lost on you in your attempt to feel good by picking apart yet another persons opinion with with your own broad comments with no real answers. Cunt

Just Click On These
Friendship In School Hours
StraightEdge Tattoo Removalist
The Acid Dancers
Skull Full Of Unicorns