MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2002-10-17, 18:38
ADE
New Blood

Teory? Scale? Solo? Huh?

Hi all, i have play guitar since 1989, but i'v never had a guitar master, the question is:

i have A7, D7, E7 (classical blues), i started with a Aminorbluesscale, when the chord changed in D7 what notes can i use? what notes i must avoid? and when the chord changed in E7? Examples whit another accords?

Sorry for my english, but...
Show me the Way

Old 2002-10-18, 00:52
mrweijia
Post-whore

anyways, i think if you figured out what notes are in each chord. then play any of those. for example in a W7 chord theres the notes, W R H I. so you could play either W H I or R during the chord. note: W7 does not exist, neither do the notes R H or I

Last edited by atifman : 2002-10-19 at 16:43.

Old 2002-10-18, 03:17
PantericA
Post-whore

.............wow.

Old 2002-10-18, 20:55
ADE
New Blood

mrweijia, thank u but i wanted to know more than this

Old 2002-10-18, 21:09
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Re: Teory? Scale? Solo? Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by ADE
Hi all, i have play guitar since 1989, but i'v never had a guitar master, the question is:

i have A7, D7, E7 (classical blues), i started with a Aminorbluesscale, when the chord changed in D7 what notes can i use? what notes i must avoid? and when the chord changed in E7? Examples whit another accords?

Sorry for my english, but...
Show me the Way

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, man.
You can run the A minor scale through the whole progression if you want, or you can change up to make your root notes the D or E as you go through the progression of the chords, try both and see which sounds best, I usually switch back and forth between using A and D as the root tone, but i normally would stay in the same scale, A minor in this case.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "and when the chord changed in E7?" but I think you're asking when to switch to E7. I might mess this up, but try going with A7 for the first four measures, then D7 for two measures, then A7 for two measures, then E7 for a measure, followed by D7 for a measure, then A7 for the last two. It's hard to write out, and I'm not sure if I did it right, but that should be about what 12 bar standard blues would be written out as. Download some blues songs to find the progression, it's the most common blues prog.

Hope that helped some.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.