Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2002-10-16, 01:08
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Iommi and Anselmo

check this shit out:

PANTERA frontman Phil Anselmo will contribute lead vocals to the next solo album from BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi, the guitarist has confirmed to Billboard.com. Anselmo and Iommi are to formally begin work on the project in January in England, according to Tony, who says that he and Anselmo plan to tour to support the set.

With regards to the much-anticipated new BLACK SABBATH studio album, Iommi has revealed that the group came up with about six songs for their first full-length collection to feature the classic lineup of Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Bill Ward (drums), and Geezer Butler (bass) since 1978's Never Say Die!, but that the entire project was delayed so that Osbourne could finish and tour in support of his most recent Epic solo effort, last year's Down to Earth. "The tracks were good actually, I thought, very good," Iommi told Billboard. "But we didn't get as far as actually recording them. we demoed them." None of the songs have formal titles yet.

The project, which was to (and may still) be helmed by Rick Rubin, may still see the light one day. "You never know with this band," Iommi said. "You can never say 'yes' or 'no.' It could turn up in another 20 years somewhere [laughs]. We're just sort of gonna see what happens. But we have got some really good tracks there. Rick liked them."

An Iommi record with just Phil doin vocals, sounds fucking great to me. One more thing though, and I've said this a million times. When the FUCK are Pantera going to do another record? Phil's already jugglin Down and SJR and now he's goin off to record an album with Iommi and tour on said album. I like the idea of Phil and Iommi, that song that Phil did on Iommi's last album was killer. Just waitin for some actual Pantera news I suppose.

Old 2002-10-16, 01:12
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Yeah, that's really sweet that he'll be working with Tony, but either Pantera needs to officially break up (which I DO NOT want to happen) or they need to start fuckin doing something again. And I must say, I hope their next album turns out better than Reinventing the Steel, because after four years of no studio album, I think they could have done much better than they did with it.

That's my opinion. If y ou don't like it, blow me.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2002-10-16, 03:35
mrweijia
Post-whore

is this a new album by iommi? not IOMMI? i think its great that phil's working with tony, the last song they did "Time is mine" had some heavy riffs mixed with heavy vocals, it was great!

Old 2002-10-16, 03:49
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

weijia, I thought you knew by now: shut the fuck up.

I'm kinda psyched for this. I loved Time is Mine. I would be more into this, except Phil needs to buckle down and accept the fact that he's in a band, Pantera, that also kicks ass and needs some love. I mean, I cant complain about what else he's doing, because Down is good and SJR is too, and this will be too, but seriously, what the fuck? I want my goddamn texas drunken metal! I'm expecting one more fucking Pantera record before they break up at least, and I'll be damned if I dont get it.

And RTS wasnt up to snuff BECAUSE they were off for four years. They're not Slayer, they're a band that functions on contantly playing together, not long periods of separation. Kinda like right now... Oh yeah, and no I will not blow you.

Old 2002-10-16, 04:27
warnerve92

So Phil will be singing on the WHOLE ALBUM, not just one song like on Iommi?

Old 2002-10-16, 09:35
Disciple
Senior Metalhead
Alumni Staff

Meanwhile what are Dime and Vinnie doing? Did they dissappear from the face of the earth or what?

Iommi should work on that Sabbath album and Phil should concentrate on Pantera.
In the witness of the Father, the Son and the Holy
Ghost, his soul will fall below the valley of death.
Left to rot forever, to never be free, never return.

Old 2002-10-16, 10:44
warnerve92

I just checked Pantera.com.......NOTHING . And its not just no news for a while, its none for many, many months. Its really a terrible website for such a high profile band on such a big record label.

Old 2002-10-16, 12:01
CtHuLhU DaWn
Supreme Metalhead

I have one of those songs called "time is mine", if you want me to upload to slayme's server, just shout.
I found it ages ago

Old 2002-10-16, 22:34
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

I can't wait. A little bit of Black Sabbath, and a pinch of pantera.....what could be better?

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.

Old 2002-10-16, 23:35
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I don't disagree, opeth but I'm sick and tired of the side project after side project thing with Phil. I dig Down and SJR and would defiantely enjoy listenin to an Iommi/Phil record but enough is enough already I want fuckin Pantera back.

Old 2002-10-16, 23:54
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by slayme_returns
I don't disagree, opeth but I'm sick and tired of the side project after side project thing with Phil. I dig Down and SJR and would defiantely enjoy listenin to an Iommi/Phil record but enough is enough already I want fuckin Pantera back.

I definitley dig down and pantera.....but I cant get into SJR. I tried really hard to get into them and bought their cd and listened to it religiously for a few weeks......maybe I need to get it back out. I'm going to see them in a few weeks when they come here though.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.