MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2003-07-01, 14:05
Metalhead

yes they are pricey(mine was $4,700 new) but worth the investment.
i would tell every bassist to save up and get one or die.
foderas are pricey as shit too but badass as well.
never played a sadowsky. they look nice as hell.

did that priest ever show up to blo you def?
Old 2003-07-01, 14:40
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Nah, I'm still waiting for him dammit, tell him to hurry the fuck up

fodera's are cool as, plus they look amazing, Sadowsky's are like super fenders,

here's the Sadowsky Miller uses,
http://www.bassmatters.nl/imgass/sadowskymiller.gif

anyways, it's 3900 USD, a fender marcus miller signature is probably cheaper (but this one beats it by far...)

a lot of those special bassbrands are cool, Lull, Celinder, Zon's... but Fodera and Alembic do really stand out, Alembics are the shit, I probably will never be able to afford it though, plus I'm an instrument basher. I'm building a custom now, SR style body with EMG's, schaller tuners and a ABM 3d bridge.

4.700, jezus, I would buy a new car for that. haha maybe I can sell my rig and buy an Alembic. got a pic of it? I never saw an Utopia model
Old 2003-07-01, 19:04
Metalhead

i have always wanted a zon or a modulus but can never find them locally.
i would love to post a pic but jesus is a dipshit and dont know how to do it.
when it comes to rigs(yes here i go again!) everything sucks except for david eden(swr rocks too)one bass that everyone seems to like and i think are shit are music man basses. i would rather spend the money on a g&l 2000.
if we want to talk upright thats a different game.
that sadowsky is sweet! like you said a fender on steroids. if i had a jazz bass i would put bartolinis in it.
christian mcbride is the shit!
def-you might want to start fluffing yourself so you will be ready for the reverand
now go fuck off!!!!
Old 2003-07-02, 03:00
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah, G&L's are ok, but I don't think they've got an own personality when it comes to sound, you know? Musicmans are ok for their slaptones, but if you play them with a pick they'll turn into no-tone-wonders. I got bartolini's in my limited edition SR though

David Eden's are good, the traveller series are pretty awsome, I really loved the tone of the Ampeg CVT 350 though.(its the SVT only all tube)

as for amps, well germans make good amps, thats why I tried about all the amps they made, I finally went for a Hughes & Kettner bassbase 400w tube, with a 4x10 and a 2x15. cost me a sweet dime, but it blows away Trace Elliots and Laneys. (ok, its twice as expensive heh, but hey.) I played some Mesa roundabouts and the 300+, I didn't like them, overdose of muddy tone in the med frequencies...
SWR does make some nice rigs, but the combos are shit, all of them, plus they're overpriced. when it comes to bass amps, anything beats Peaveys though, I played the top of the line peaveys and they still sucked (lots of watts, no tone.)

anyways, my H&K is their top of the line model too, it shows H&K can produce descent stuff, here's a pic of the new model,
http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/s...te/Bbfullst.jpg

mine is the same except the grille's on the cabs are black and I've got a korg DTR tuner in my rack unit.

H&K has been known for their warp 7 nu metal amp, something they've got started a while ago, I like the sound of the Triamp amps though... as for bass amps, they've got a long reputation, I bought mine about 3 (?) years ago, but its doing fine, its been transported a lot, and its still running like it should, I only replaced a tube once.