MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2007-01-28, 19:25
skank nasty
New Blood

axis pedals question

can anyone whos got one tell me if it totally destroys pearl eliminators. it is so hard to get axis in the uk so im thinking of importing one but i need info really.
www.myspace.com/grilledpiss grill that fucking piss, nintendo grind with guitars and shouting.

and if you like stupid videos
www.myspace.com/ecdcaregay

too many myspaces there for ones liking but fuck it everyone else uses and i do need my cool points.

Old 2007-02-24, 08:29
Acidbath32
New Blood

dude if you already have a decent double pedal just upgrade it with an axis drive shaft, it will totally turn your double pedal into a feel thats similiar to 2 single pedals and 2 bass drums (unless you have a really shitty double pedal like a 50 dollar pacific)

Old 2007-04-27, 16:52
skank nasty
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbath32
dude if you already have a decent double pedal just upgrade it with an axis drive shaft, it will totally turn your double pedal into a feel thats similiar to 2 single pedals and 2 bass drums (unless you have a really shitty double pedal like a 50 dollar pacific)

cheers i had never thought of that, i have a double eliminator the main problem with it is the lag of the slave pedal,
www.myspace.com/grilledpiss grill that fucking piss, nintendo grind with guitars and shouting.

and if you like stupid videos
www.myspace.com/ecdcaregay

too many myspaces there for ones liking but fuck it everyone else uses and i do need my cool points.

Old 2007-07-07, 11:58
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Another Axis question: is there anyone on this forum who has a double pedal AND the E-kit triggers? Drop me a line please.

Old 2007-07-08, 03:30
The Execrator
Noob lud

What's your question about it? I don't have a double pedal with ekits but maybe can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2007-07-08, 08:47
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Well, I already asked someone one Youtube so I'll just copy my (lengthy) question from there... He said it won't work.

Anyway, here it goes:
Quote:
I have a problem with getting my EKIT triggers installed. I don't know if you have those, but perhaps you can take a look at this, if you don't mind.

This is my left pedal:
http://users.skynet.be/fa020387/left.jpg

And now take a look you look at the second 'scanned page' on this site, on how to install the trigger:
http://axispercussion.com/technical_ekit.html

This would work fine, right? On my left pedal, the black cylinder sticking out is offering plenty of place for the trigger.
The problem is my right pedal:

http://users.skynet.be/fa020387/right.jpg

The drilled holes (X) are fine, but to attach the trigger hammer is another thing... I ought to remove the spring assembly so I can shove the trigger on the black thingy (see circle). Problem is: I can't remove it, because the spring assembly from the left spring is in the way (blue line). So the only thing to do would be to remove the ENTIRE auxiliary head attached to the right pedal... But I don't really see that happening, I'd probably fuck up the whole pedal.

Also, I had two other questions but not that big of a deal:

1/ The drive shaft is rambling everytime I hit a pedal... But all screws are tightened and it works fine... It just seems to be loose on the inside. Not that bad, I hope?

2/ The right pedal is bothering me. Here's a pic of the angle, it's a bit too low in my opinion , but I can still play smoothly on it (also heel-toe). I have no idea how to lift it (independently from the beater angle). The "variable drive lever" doesn't do much either.

http://users.skynet.be/fa020387/angle.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by Exodus666 : 2007-07-08 at 08:49.

Old 2007-07-08, 16:26
The Execrator
Noob lud

The first issue i'm afraid i can't help with. I would just contact Axis about it, they have excellent customer service or so i've heard.

For the other questions
1. If all the screws are tight and it's working fine i'd say its nothing to worry about. Maybe something needs some lube?

2. I'm fairly certain that you cannot adjust the pedal board height without changing the beater distance. It's a fixed position to my knowledge. If you're using the sonic hammers then it's a different story. You may want to pick up a pair if you don't have them. They allow you to adjust the pedal board height while also being able to change the beater distance with just the beater.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2007-07-08, 17:06
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Thanks, I thought so (about both question).

The good news is: I managed to get the trigger on, by means of adjusting quite a bit. Didn't play them yet, I'll post some pics if you're interested. I already mailed Axis but they didn't reply so far.

Old 2007-07-08, 18:58
The Execrator
Noob lud

Awesome, yeah you can post if you want. I may run into the same problem in the future, haha. Axis has a phone number under contact on their site so you may want to give that a try in the future if you run into another problem.

Quote:

Old 2007-07-08, 20:19
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Alright, I'm starting a job tomorrow, so it might take a few days before I post the explanation... I just tested the triggers, they seem to work fine! Still need to make final adjustments to the angle and module settings... After that, I'll try and record a video, too.

And yeah, I live in Europe so I'm not going to call to America. Viva the internet.
I'll keep you posted though... Later!