MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-01-27, 18:13
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
The drummer's diary thread

Hey, I thought that maybe there should be a thread for random daily drum-related shit that's worth mentioning but isn't worth starting a thread over. Enjoy. (I hope there isn't already a dead thread like this, if there is, sorrysorrysorry)

As I mentioned in a different thread, I switched to Zildjian 2B Wooden Tear Drop Tip from my Vic Firth 5B Wooden Tear Drop Tip.

Sexiest metronome ever.

Yay, post away random shit, my pretties.
Old 2005-01-27, 18:57
Post-whore

I moved my drum kit today, and got my drum carpet back, drum carpets are awesome

you should get one.
Old 2005-01-27, 19:31
New Blood

Well i finally got some bills! so i treated myself to cymbals i feel i deserve!

my current budget setup was

16" 502 crash
paiste power series ride (awesome)
b8 hi hats
15" sabian AAX china

and along with the 3 stands i bought (im ditching my rack)

16" Sabian AA crash
18" Paiste Alpha china
18" zildjian A custom Projection
14" paiste dark crisp + AA fusion top/bottom hats
10" metal x splash

ill post pics when i get em setup..
Old 2005-01-27, 20:59
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I don't have a drum carpet, because I'm a smart operator and I use a large sheet of thick fabric instead.

I'm also moving to a place with carpet floors so I won't need one and I get the downstairs to make into my own insulated studio! FUCK YEAH SO SEXY.

I've been underpaid by 200 AUD so I couldn't get my ZXT Trashformer so I wishfully sighed as I tried it out.

Anyone have any particular opinions about the Pearl 1002 double pedal?
Old 2005-01-27, 21:51
Noob lud

Good idea BC. Doctor, could you by any chance turn this into a sticky? And i am a proud owner of one of the "sexiest metronomes ever". My dad bought it for me when i first started out. I never realy found a need for it before becuase i though i already had good timing but ive been using it an awefull lot lately. Its realy usefull for practicing double bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-01-27, 22:29
Post-whore

Drum carpets are awesome because:

The soak up vomit when playing in REally dodgy bars, They give that 'homely feel' when playing live and you can mark up where everything goes on the carpet so when you play live all you do it roll out the carpet and place everything on the dots/between the strips of gaffa tape

I am saving for my new snare, (oh when will it arrive, me wants new snare )
Old 2005-01-27, 23:26
Noob lud

When i brought my drums down to my basement, they kept sliding on he floor when i played so i just put a rug under them. I dont know if its considered a drum carpet but it suits my needs.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-01-28, 08:16
Senior Metalhead

I just had practised today (db, singlestrokes/blastbeats, hyperblast, paradiddles with feet accompaniment) for maybe half an hour :P .
And Im going to practize half an hour more today
Old 2005-01-28, 14:36
Noob lud

I have been practing alot since i got the derek roddy video. He gives a daily 30 minute exercise and says you will notice results in 2 months but im already seeing results. By just sitting there and playing for 30 minutes, you start to realize the easiest ways to play and save energy while getting faster and more endurance. Ive only been doing it since tuesday and i can play faster longer and my double bass and single stroke rolls have cleaned up a bit. ALL OF YOU, ORDER IT NOW!.

Price: $30.00 US Dollars within the UNITED STATES, $35.00 US Dollars REST OF WORLD

All those interested in purchasing a copy send a MONEY ORDER or CASHIER'S CHECK only! Do not send cash. All payments must be in US funds and payable to DEREK RODDY.

Mail to:
Derek Roddy's Drum Video #1
P.O. Box 814
Deerfield Beach, FL 33443
USA

Also include your address and some information about yourself (how long you've been playing, age, drum kit set up, etc.) for my personal records! Thank you for your interest.

-Derek

Quote:
Old 2005-01-28, 19:03
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
And i am a proud owner of one of the "sexiest metronomes ever". My dad bought it for me when i first started out. I never realy found a need for it before becuase i though i already had good timing but ive been using it an awefull lot lately. Its realy usefull for practicing double bass.

Ok, you always need a metronome because the "good timing" you think you have might fluctuate by 10-15 BPM in a minute and it's difficult to notice sometimes.

Your metronome has a tap in function. Record yourself playing quater notes for a minute, then use the tap in meter while listening to the recording to see how good your timing really is. You'll be surprised. It's especially relevant to slower timing, although most metal doesn't use it, what if you feel like playing funeral doom metal or something? The metronome is your friend!

My practice routine is over 3 hours now, kewlness. I'll post the exersise roster sometime later.

For some reason, I really want to write a book on beginer's theory for metal drummers. That would be an awesome book, but no publisher would take me seriously.

"Haha, how old are you? 17? HAHAHAHAHA! No way in hell kid, you're not famous. I hate you and I want to tear you open like an envelope and feast on your delicious insides."

I rest my case.
Old 2005-01-28, 19:11
Noob lud

Do you have one of those metronomes or do you just know everything about it? I dont use the tap tempo thing much becuase i always increase or decrease the speed and it doesnt go to the tempo i want. Whats the difference between a metronome and a click track?

Quote:
Old 2005-01-28, 23:20
Post-whore

tell them you are Pete Sandovals secret mistress........
Old 2005-01-29, 00:01
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to rabbifoodslicer Send a message via MSN to rabbifoodslicer
well, just had another fucken awesome band practice...my bands playin at a local battle feb 11, still prepin and all, but damn, were gonna stick this show up there asses
Old 2005-01-29, 17:47
New Blood

my zildjian a custom projection 18" just came in. AMAZING for hardcore.. sounds amazing while singled out in the breakdowns.. i love it
Old 2005-01-29, 23:01
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
Do you have one of those metronomes or do you just know everything about it? I dont use the tap tempo thing much becuase i always increase or decrease the speed and it doesnt go to the tempo i want. Whats the difference between a metronome and a click track?

I own it, my teacher owns one, every single fucking drummer I know of owns one. A click track doesn't have visuals and you can't set it to triplets or weird time signatures such as 7/4, which I quite like. A metronome is much more flexible, and it's a good habit to play your rudimants to it to develop a better timing.
Old 2005-01-29, 23:17
Noob lud

Nice. I would think about getting one but i think they were like $100 US last time i checked.

Quote:
Old 2005-01-30, 02:54
Post-whore

for the songs I play I get my singer (who writes 90% of outr stuff) to give me a click track for the song and I practice to that, my only problem is that usually I can play louder than the earphones can, especially if it is a big double kick section.
Old 2005-01-30, 15:48
New Blood

i have that blue metronome.. it was 20 bucks
Old 2005-01-30, 18:07
Post-whore

I bought mine for 64 AUD after haggling, it was 80 AUD origionally. I bought it from Drumworx, the music store in the city had nothing I could use.
Old 2005-01-30, 18:14
Senior Metalhead

Im using a Drumpc with a cowbellsound and a small guitaramp...thats okay...because I can put some Rythms patterns etc. on the pc...

BTW:
http://www.myspace.com/archotype
if someone is interested...its an older Record...(about half a year), and it`s self produced... .