MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-12-15, 17:37
Mallichae
New Blood

Double bass issue

The axle rod (I think that's what it's called) on my Iron Cobra Jr. always falls out of my slave pedal after a few minutes of play. I always tighten the freakin screws back up as hard as I can but it makes no difference whatsoever. I have no experience whatsoever with any of this though, so I could be missing something.

Old 2006-12-15, 18:44
Demogorgon
Metalhead

Maybe the thread is worn out?

Old 2006-12-15, 20:02
The Execrator
Noob lud

Yeah, definitly. I'd say it's time for a new pedal. You shouldn't have to worry about your gear while you're playing, it will make you tense up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-12-15, 23:43
Mallichae
New Blood

Yeah I got it seconhand with my V-Drums and didn't really know what to look for. I'll keep messing with it. Thanks.

Old 2006-12-15, 23:56
The Execrator
Noob lud

Well, i'd say to just go around the entire pedal and tighten up everything. But it definitly sounds like a stripped piece. Maybe some strong glue can fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-12-16, 05:39
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

You might be able to find a replacement part somewhere rather than have to get an entire new set of pedals. Pedals aren't that special when it comes to some parts, axle rods themselves aren't rare (someone at a tool store should be able to find and cut a matching one), and you might be able to find the connector thingy in a drum store if you ask, strip it from someone else's broken pedal, or order one in.

Old 2006-12-16, 19:02
Mallichae
New Blood

I figured out what was wrong. The reason it was slipping was because one of the pins connect the axle to the slave pedal wasn't screwed in at the flat part of the cylinder that goes into it. The reason I never did it was because the axle was connected at a bad angle to the master pedal. All I did was take the axle out at both ends, and connect it properly to the slave before connecting it to the master, which doesn't have a flat part for one of the pins to slip into. I sure am glad I figured that out, not let's see what these babies can do! Thanks everyone.