User Name
Password

Old 2006-12-11, 09:13
Senior Metalhead

A new amp
Old 2006-12-11, 10:39
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
I'm going to ask for the 3rd year in a row for an acoustic guitar. I won't get it, but i'll just see how long it will never take me to get one.

I'm thinking about setting up the process to buy an SL2H USA Soloist thouogh. Woot. Probably goin down to the music shop today to ask about it.

Guitar center wanted 2000 for one ordered from the manufacterer. I didn't tell him to fuck off, but i came kinda close. I definately don't ese myself giong back and paying what is actually the STORE price for that guitar. Fuck them.

This other guy said hed give me 10% of musiciansfriend price. THATS what i'll follow up on.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-12-11, 10:39
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUngency
A new amp

Want a BV-300 head? haha. I'm gonna sell mine
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2006-12-11, 11:08
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
I'd like a decent acoustic-electric with a easy action like those Ibanez Talmans. I'd also like some EMG's.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2006-12-12, 01:48
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Want a BV-300 head? haha. I'm gonna sell mine

A NEW amp!
Old 2006-12-12, 03:01
New Blood

An Echoplex Digital Looper
A Holy grail reverb pedal
Really good classical guitar
A violin
Old 2006-12-12, 05:41
Post-whore

Haha, what's wrong with it, you don't need to be heard while you play in your entire state?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2006-12-12, 16:54
New Blood

Some money so I can get a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser.

"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne
Old 2006-12-12, 18:34
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Tallica
Some money so I can get a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser.

Why not... a Schecter C-7 hellraiser?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2006-12-12, 19:59
New Blood

i'm getting a bbe sm and a dimarzio x2n. i'd love some money to buy some sort of engl or maybe peavey head.
Old 2006-12-12, 22:29
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Haha, what's wrong with it, you don't need to be heard while you play in your entire state?

Not a DAMN thing wrong with it haha. Maybe have cranked it to a gigable volume maybe 5 or 6 times. Its just way too stout for me. If i had a band i would most definately keep it and have never gotten the 150 unless i was dead set on recording.

But the 300 is definately for the musician who has drums, vocals, and bass and another guitar to compete against. Sure it can get loud but its got that great high quality head room at regular band playing volumes that just rules.

Since i live in an apartment........ haha with no band.......

Although i can still use the 150 later on to play gigs or jam with a band, just NOT to the FULL extent that i could with the 300.
Old 2006-12-12, 23:53
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Sycophant
Stuff I'm not gonna get this year:

Jackson KE2
New pickups, Edge trem, locking nut, and body for my Ibanez RG-570
Tons and tons of new strings
Radtone Harmonic Converger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rackmount tuner
small sized rack case
a new stool for practicing
4 new Eminence modeling speakers
Old 2006-12-13, 00:21
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycophant
Stuff I'm not gonna get this year:

Jackson KE2
New pickups, Edge trem, locking nut, and body for my Ibanez RG-570
Tons and tons of new strings
Radtone Harmonic Converger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rackmount tuner
small sized rack case
a new stool for practicing
4 new Eminence modeling speakers

That sux. The KE2 looks pretty bad ass. I wish the RR was 24 fret, or i'd probably be getting it. I'm looking into buying myself a usa soloist custom built. I talked to guitar center about this and got a quote. I dont' think i'll buy it from the they want fucking store price. They can go fuck themselves with that.

Seems every year i buy my own presents. last year i bought myself a 1500 dollar elec drumset. Best buy ever. haha
Old 2006-12-13, 00:59
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Sycophant
Quote:
That sux. The KE2 looks pretty bad ass. I wish the RR was 24 fret, or i'd probably be getting it. I'm looking into buying myself a usa soloist custom built. I talked to guitar center about this and got a quote. I dont' think i'll buy it from the they want fucking store price. They can go fuck themselves with that.

Seems every year i buy my own presents. last year i bought myself a 1500 dollar elec drumset. Best buy ever. haha

Haha, I'm suprised you're not dealing with the Jackson Custom Shop yourself. But apparently it looks like the Music City store in the state of Virginia (though I dunno how far you live from it) is an authorized Jackson dealer as well.

I love electronic drumsets. For $1,500 it seems you got a pretty badass one! Have you ever hooked your up to a practice amp with the distortion turned on? You can totally sound like The Berzerker or any hardcore techno DJ that way.

But yeah, looks like I'm going to get my KE2 sometime next year. Which sucks, there was a Ferrari Red one on Ebay with a reverse headstock and all the trimmings a little while ago and it got sold for an excellent price.
Old 2006-12-13, 01:54
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well i didn't mean CUSTOM CUSTOM jackson.. haha But basically a jackson that I WANTED...

Yeah that link you posted is near where my parents live. Mayb ei'll go up there and talk to them. Although i'm sure they will want more than i'm willing to pay for a fucking usa soloist. I will not pay over 1600-1700 for a soloist. Will not do it.

I've hooked my drumset a few times up to my Crate bv-300 haha. I bought a 2nd hand Roland TDK-6 on ebay for about 1200 bucks. Didn't come with pedals or a throne though. I like playing it while hooking my laptop to my alexis mixer which my drum set goes to. That way i can play music from my laptop (or sometimes record) and drum to it.
Old 2006-12-13, 12:20
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to k13m
a rocktron intellifex, wish ive never sold mine, damn that unit rules.

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2006-12-13, 13:33
Post-whore

Quote:
Not a DAMN thing wrong with it haha. Maybe have cranked it to a gigable volume maybe 5 or 6 times. Its just way too stout for me. If i had a band i would most definately keep it and have never gotten the 150 unless i was dead set on recording.

But the 300 is definately for the musician who has drums, vocals, and bass and another guitar to compete against. Sure it can get loud but its got that great high quality head room at regular band playing volumes that just rules.

Since i live in an apartment........ haha with no band.......

Although i can still use the 150 later on to play gigs or jam with a band, just NOT to the FULL extent that i could with the 300.

haha I feel the same way about my 400W cab. I'm not even in a band and don't plan on gigging in the foreseeable future, but I have this monstrous Mode 4 cab that I use with my Engl 60W head. It moves so much air and gets so loud it's unnecessary, plus a bitch to transport. So I finally decided to sell it for 450 bucks and pick up a Framus 2x12" with v30's for 300$. Plus I think I'll like the sound of v30's more, so for the time being, fuck 4x12's.

Old 2006-12-13, 19:06
New Blood

I need help with this.. I dont know what i want for christmas to make my tone more brutal..
right now i have a tsl 100 marshall jcm 2000 a bc rich beast

black Agathis Mahogany Body

Maple Bolt-on Neck w/ Neck & Headstock painted to match body

Beast Headstock

Rosewood Fingerboard

25.5" Scale Length

24 Jumbo Frets

Pearl Dot Inlays

Black Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo

Double-Locking Nut

Three Position Pickup/Toggle Switch

Black Sealed B.C. Rich Tuners

Duel B.C. Rich BDSM Humbucker Pickups

Black Speed Knobs (2)

2 Volume Controls

Black Hardware

I also have my shitty boss metal zone mt-2

I want a new pedal and probably new pickups but im not sure what i want.. I want a Trey Azagthoth kinda tone
Old 2006-12-13, 19:33
New Blood

Well you shouldn't need the mt2 with the marshall jcm for starters, just a boost pedal of some sort. For pickups I can recommend the EMG 81, or the Dimarzio X2N.. they are both very high output pickups, good for death metal.
Old 2006-12-13, 19:55
Post-whore

You shouldn't need a pedal with a JCM2000TSL period. It's a fucking brutal amp! Trey uses a ProCo rat rack unit(same as the ProCo rat Deuce tone nowadays) in front of a JCM900, but that's a lower gain amp than the TSL. So you really don't even need any supplementary distortion out of a TSL, I've played one several times and it could do anything brutal very well.

Yes, after ditching that pedal(what made you want to use it with the amp is beyond me) try new pickups. If you want a more Morbid Angel esque sounds then active pickups(EMG's) are not for you, and the X2N is awesome, hotter than all the other pickups out there(unless BN pickups are above 510mV, which I doubt). But almost too hot for some, it may be a little too tight and bright if you're into replicating something closer to oldschool fat warm MA sounds.

Also look into the Tonezone as if you like Trey's solos, you love the vanhalen-ish "brown sound"! It's very hot, great for death metal and sounds unique and vowelly for leads, it's mid and bass thick, not excessive treble and very clear. They work best in trebley guitars but you will have no problem with it using your Beast.

As for the neck, a Dimarzio PAF Pro.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-12-13 at 19:57.