MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2006-11-26, 21:59
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Death Metal (home recorded, in my bedroom)

My latest and greatest (LOL) home recorded death metal song Grinding Your Guts has been recored, mixes and masterd all in my bedroom. Check out the song here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=481840

I would love opinions on Grinding Your Guts good or bad.

Info on the recording:

4 guitar tracks 1 80% left, 1 80% right, 1 100% left , 1 100% right
1 bass track centered
1 drum machine track centered
1 main vocal track with some 2nd track fill-ins

The guitars are all done with my V-Amp Pro. 2 tracks with the Off-Axis Cabinet and 2 tracks with the Vintage 78 Cabinet. I also used the V-Amp Pro to record the bass track as well.

Any and all comments are more than welcome good and/or bad. Any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment!!!

Peter

Old 2006-11-26, 22:34
Megadeth
Senior Metalhead

VERY crushing/heavy i listened to all your songs on sound click and i liked "killing you" the most.Your recordings sound great what kind of amplifiers/pedals do you use??

Old 2006-11-27, 00:25
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeth
VERY crushing/heavy i listened to all your songs on sound click and i liked "killing you" the most.Your recordings sound great what kind of amplifiers/pedals do you use??

Killing You was my very first song I home recorded and I still like it allot as well. I like other songs better but that is great that you like it.

I do not use any amps or pedals, the only thing I use to record guitars is my V-Amp Pro. If your not sure what the V-Amp Pro is check out this link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...eamp?sku=480691

I also use the V-Amp Pro to record my bass tracks.

Let me know if you have any other questions dude!!!

Peter

Old 2006-11-27, 13:04
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Thanks to everyone that has listened!!!

You can listen to all 8 songs here:

Peter

Old 2006-11-29, 02:57
Somnus
Metalhead

Damn!

Definatly a thumbs up from me.

EDIT: About "Grinding Your Guts" that is, other stuff is excellent too.
There it was. The final destiny. A sunrise that never came, still the lamp never faded away. Farewell was the word, and the afterglow was the brave morning. Rising and telling everyone, about the beauty of its Prologue.

Old 2006-11-29, 03:58
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus
Damn!

Definatly a thumbs up from me.

EDIT: About "Grinding Your Guts" that is, other stuff is excellent too.

Thanks allot dude!!! Glad you like the songs!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-04, 19:54
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

Dude, you owned, Yeah thumbs up for me aswell.

Id love it if you could say how you achieve your tone.

What settings do you use on your v-amp, im considoring buying one just after hearing you use it in this.

Or do you have some kind of uber guitar which makes your tone?
Please tell me what pickups you use!

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Last edited by jackson_metal_head : 2006-12-04 at 19:57.

Old 2006-12-04, 23:55
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
Dude, you owned, Yeah thumbs up for me aswell.

Id love it if you could say how you achieve your tone.

What settings do you use on your v-amp, im considoring buying one just after hearing you use it in this.

Or do you have some kind of uber guitar which makes your tone?
Please tell me what pickups you use!

Hay dude, thanks for the killer compliments! I use the off-axis and vintage cabinets on the v-amp. I tweaked them allot and got them to were I like them. If you get it let me know and I can email you the patch I use to get my tone. I have a Jackson DKGMT Dinky guitar w/EMG pick ups.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Old 2006-12-05, 07:15
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

Awesome, i will let you know when i get it!

Quote:

Old 2006-12-05, 15:29
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

Ok, im just about to go and buy one, id just like to ask How you connect it to the computer, (ie is it via firewire or midi)

Also i spoke to the dude in the shop and he said it was just a poweramp, i will be using the preamp off my current head but id be interested to know how you run it.

Thansk alot mate.

Quote:

Old 2006-12-05, 21:09
Soeru
Post-whore

Wow! Just wow. That's a really really good guitar tone(and vocals too btw), balanced and full, not what you usually get from many modeling pre's). I like the tightness. Sounds a lot better than many pro DM bands' tone!

You hooked up the pre directly up to the cabs? No poweramp? How does that work, does it have good headroom?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-12-05, 21:25
666petthylord666
Metalhead
Banned

FUCKING BRUTAL!!!! you killed it. great job.

Old 2006-12-05, 23:59
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
Ok, im just about to go and buy one, id just like to ask How you connect it to the computer, (ie is it via firewire or midi)

Also i spoke to the dude in the shop and he said it was just a poweramp, i will be using the preamp off my current head but id be interested to know how you run it.

Thansk alot mate.

All you will need is the V-Amp Pro, 2 midi cables and the free software from the behringer website and that is it. No need to your your preamp at all. Go directly from your guitar into the v-amp pro and then into your sound cards line in. I have a M-Audio sound card but I started off with a standard sound card and that should work pretty decent for you.

You will need to make sure your computer has midi conections, mine did not and that is why I upgraded to the M-Audio soundcard.

What is your email address and I will email you the patch for the V-Amp pro I use.

Peter

Old 2006-12-06, 00:00
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666petthylord666
FUCKING BRUTAL!!!! you killed it. great job.

Thanks allot dude. I appreciate it!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-06, 00:03
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Wow! Just wow. That's a really really good guitar tone(and vocals too btw), balanced and full, not what you usually get from many modeling pre's). I like the tightness. Sounds a lot better than many pro DM bands' tone!

You hooked up the pre directly up to the cabs? No poweramp? How does that work, does it have good headroom?

Hey man, thanks for the killer comments. it took me a little while to get my recordeds to where they are and I still ahve SOOO much to learn but I am happy with what I got so far.

No cabs at all....Guitar into the V-Amp Pro into my computers sound card and that is it. No mics needed or anything. I can record at 3:00 in the morning and not wake anyone up. I will just listen to everything on headphones, it works perfect.

I hope this answered your question, if not let me know and I will explaine more.

Peter

Old 2006-12-06, 00:29
Soeru
Post-whore

Aha cool, I just got thrown off because you mentioned cabs in the original post, hence making me think you were micing it.

I've got an old Digitech RP1(ancient multifx processor) on top of my comp, I just hook it out with a 1/8" audio cable right from the "phones" jack into my computer's line in jack(no converters or anything). Sounds like crap but it works OK. :P It has midi ins and outs(and thru(?)), I would borrow a cable to try the midi thing myself if I had midi jacks on my soundcoard.

What do you use for recording? Cubase? And what drum machine app you using?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-12-06, 01:25
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Aha cool, I just got thrown off because you mentioned cabs in the original post, hence making me think you were micing it.

I've got an old Digitech RP1(ancient multifx processor) on top of my comp, I just hook it out with a 1/8" audio cable right from the "phones" jack into my computer's line in jack(no converters or anything). Sounds like crap but it works OK. :P It has midi ins and outs(and thru(?)), I would borrow a cable to try the midi thing myself if I had midi jacks on my soundcoard.

What do you use for recording? Cubase? And what drum machine app you using?

Ahhh....I can see how you would get confused from when I mentioned cabs. The cabs I mentioned are just cab options I can choose on the v-amp pro to give it different tones.

I use Mixcraft for recording and Beatcraft for the drum machine. You can buy them both together to like $70 or something as a bundul package. Check them out here: http://www.acoustica.com/products.htm

No cubase for me or any other expensve stuff. I just tweak the hell out of what I got and I love it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Old 2006-12-06, 03:15
Shift_aws
New Blood

not really my fancy but its cool

Old 2006-12-06, 11:09
Soeru
Post-whore

Cool I'll be giving Beatcraft a download then, as I'm having so much trouble making good loops in Fruity Loops. Thx for the info.

Old 2006-12-08, 01:33
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Cool I'll be giving Beatcraft a download then, as I'm having so much trouble making good loops in Fruity Loops. Thx for the info.

Cool....Beatcraft is very easy to use.

Peter

Old 2006-12-08, 01:59
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

wont comment on the music, but the production is great.

Old 2006-12-14, 02:59
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
wont comment on the music, but the production is great.

Yeah, death metal is not for everyone. Glad you like the production, took me a while to get it sounding decent!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-14, 03:02
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

I have been getting allot of privet messages on here asking questions. I would like it, it you had a questions that you ask it in this thread so everyone will see the answer and the question. Beleive your not the only one with that question. I don't how dumb you might think the questions is or comment please post it here.

Also, my new CD is released and is available to buy. Check out my myspace page below for more info.

Peter - Bloodsoaked

Old 2006-12-14, 03:38
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Awesome stuff dude. What EMG set does your guitar have? I might ask for that V-VAMP PRO thing for Christmas instead of the Peavey Bandit I originally intended on getting. How do they sell that thing for only $170 (the V-AMP)?

Old 2006-12-14, 03:49
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
Awesome stuff dude. What EMG set does your guitar have? I might ask for that V-VAMP PRO thing for Christmas instead of the Peavey Bandit I originally intended on getting. How do they sell that thing for only $170 (the V-AMP)?

To be honest I do not know what set of EMG pick-ups are in my guitar. I have even recorded with a $150 practice guitar and was able to get a great guitar sound/tone.

I would 100% recordmend getting the v-amp pro dude. If your into home recording and trying to get into it you will love the v-amp pro. For $170, it is the best investment!!!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-14, 04:09
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsoaked666
To be honest I do not know what set of EMG pick-ups are in my guitar. I have even recorded with a $150 practice guitar and was able to get a great guitar sound/tone.

I would 100% recordmend getting the v-amp pro dude. If your into home recording and trying to get into it you will love the v-amp pro. For $170, it is the best investment!!!!!

Peter

Sounds great, man. Sure hope my mom didn't order the peavey yet. That sucker is like $380. With the money saved I could just get like some nice headphones or a keyboard amp to use with the V-PRO.

Old 2006-12-14, 07:12
l0rdpj
Metalhead

Sounds great. I will have to check out Beatcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsoaked666
My latest and greatest (LOL) home recorded death metal song Grinding Your Guts has been recored, mixes and masterd all in my bedroom. Check out the song here:

I would love opinions on Grinding Your Guts good or bad.

Info on the recording:

4 guitar tracks 1 80% left, 1 80% right, 1 100% left , 1 100% right
1 bass track centered
1 drum machine track centered
1 main vocal track with some 2nd track fill-ins

The guitars are all done with my V-Amp Pro. 2 tracks with the Off-Axis Cabinet and 2 tracks with the Vintage 78 Cabinet. I also used the V-Amp Pro to record the bass track as well.

Any and all comments are more than welcome good and/or bad. Any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-14, 23:58
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
Sounds great, man. Sure hope my mom didn't order the peavey yet. That sucker is like $380. With the money saved I could just get like some nice headphones or a keyboard amp to use with the V-PRO.

Let me know if you get it dude!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-15, 01:57
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0rdpj
Sounds great. I will have to check out Beatcraft.

USEFUL: the so-called BeatCraft "black metal" drums tutorial: http://www.demondigital.com/tutoria...Metal_Beat.html

Old 2006-12-15, 02:33
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledMortalCoil
USEFUL: the so-called BeatCraft "black metal" drums tutorial: http://www.demondigital.com/tutoria...Metal_Beat.html

Yeah, that guy will help you allot with programming Beatcraft. You can also post in the beatcraft forum at the site you downloaded beatcraft from. people are very helpful.

Peter

Old 2006-12-15, 03:04
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

one feature they need to add is the ability to zoom out on the drum sequence.. in other words, when you are working on a measure that has 8 or even 16 beats to it, you have to scroll a bunch.. it's tedious, and it makes it more difficult. i prefer fruity loops because at least you can fit 8 beats on the screen. i suppose you could raise your display resolution to fit more, though. doesn't matter anyway if you are lousy at programming drums like me

p.s. i dig your mom's vocals!

Old 2006-12-15, 12:45
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangledMortalCoil
one feature they need to add is the ability to zoom out on the drum sequence.. in other words, when you are working on a measure that has 8 or even 16 beats to it, you have to scroll a bunch.. it's tedious, and it makes it more difficult. i prefer fruity loops because at least you can fit 8 beats on the screen. i suppose you could raise your display resolution to fit more, though. doesn't matter anyway if you are lousy at programming drums like me

p.s. i dig your mom's vocals!

Glad you like my Moms vocals, you should have seen her recording them...LOL

I just have gotten use to Beatcraft and I just put it into compact mode and you don't have to scroll as much. Plus it is only $40, how much is fruity loops?

Peter

Old 2006-12-16, 22:00
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Bloodsoaked - Brutally Butchered CD Available Now!

Finally available after a long year in the works is the debut CD “Brutally Butchered” from Bloodsoaked.

Bloodsoaked combines the musical influences from the likes of Morbid Angel, Deicide and Broken Hope with a violent vocal assault in the vein of Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse) and Glen Benton (Deicide). Mixing elements of old school and present day death metal into over 30 minutes of pure death metal that is sure to crush all.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bloodsoakedband

Listen to all 8 songs here: http://www.soundclick.com/bloodsoaked

Old 2006-12-17, 09:07
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Grinding your guts was really good. I usually don't like death metal that much, but this was good. Thumbs up!!

Old 2006-12-17, 16:17
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON90
Grinding your guts was really good. I usually don't like death metal that much, but this was good. Thumbs up!!

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Grinding Your Guts is my slowest song and allot of people seem to like it. I like Self Mutilation the best.

Glad you liked the song!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-20, 21:10
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

Man, that is absolutely awesome! Im well impressed with the production. Nice one!

Old 2006-12-21, 02:18
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBored
Man, that is absolutely awesome! Im well impressed with the production. Nice one!

Thanks for the comments dude, glad you liked the music!!!

Peter