MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2006-11-26, 17:59
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Death Metal (home recorded, in my bedroom)

My latest and greatest (LOL) home recorded death metal song Grinding Your Guts has been recored, mixes and masterd all in my bedroom. Check out the song here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=481840


I would love opinions on Grinding Your Guts good or bad.


Info on the recording:

4 guitar tracks 1 80% left, 1 80% right, 1 100% left , 1 100% right
1 bass track centered
1 drum machine track centered
1 main vocal track with some 2nd track fill-ins

The guitars are all done with my V-Amp Pro. 2 tracks with the Off-Axis Cabinet and 2 tracks with the Vintage 78 Cabinet. I also used the V-Amp Pro to record the bass track as well.

Any and all comments are more than welcome good and/or bad. Any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment!!!

Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-11-26, 18:34
Megadeth Megadeth is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 134
VERY crushing/heavy i listened to all your songs on sound click and i liked "killing you" the most.Your recordings sound great what kind of amplifiers/pedals do you use??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
YO DUDES HE PLAYS IN A HxC BAND WITH PITNINJAS, GET 'M!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-11-26, 20:25
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeth
VERY crushing/heavy i listened to all your songs on sound click and i liked "killing you" the most.Your recordings sound great what kind of amplifiers/pedals do you use??


Killing You was my very first song I home recorded and I still like it allot as well. I like other songs better but that is great that you like it.

I do not use any amps or pedals, the only thing I use to record guitars is my V-Amp Pro. If your not sure what the V-Amp Pro is check out this link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...eamp?sku=480691

I also use the V-Amp Pro to record my bass tracks.

Let me know if you have any other questions dude!!!


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-11-27, 09:04
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Thanks to everyone that has listened!!!

You can listen to all 8 songs here:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=481840


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-11-28, 22:57
Somnus's Avatar
Somnus Somnus is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: I am a son of the northern darkness of Iceland
Posts: 94
Damn!

Definatly a thumbs up from me.

EDIT: About "Grinding Your Guts" that is, other stuff is excellent too.
__________________
There it was. The final destiny. A sunrise that never came, still the lamp never faded away. Farewell was the word, and the afterglow was the brave morning. Rising and telling everyone, about the beauty of its Prologue.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-11-28, 23:58
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus
Damn!

Definatly a thumbs up from me.

EDIT: About "Grinding Your Guts" that is, other stuff is excellent too.


Thanks allot dude!!! Glad you like the songs!!!


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-12-04, 15:54
jackson_metal_head's Avatar
jackson_metal_head jackson_metal_head is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: my user name sucks
Posts: 243
Dude, you owned, Yeah thumbs up for me aswell.

Id love it if you could say how you achieve your tone.

What settings do you use on your v-amp, im considoring buying one just after hearing you use it in this.

Or do you have some kind of uber guitar which makes your tone?
Please tell me what pickups you use!

thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimbolla
I'd recommend testicular clamps. But they can be quite uncomfortable and cost approximately 60% of your manhood.


Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.


summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Last edited by jackson_metal_head : 2006-12-04 at 15:57.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-12-04, 19:55
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
Dude, you owned, Yeah thumbs up for me aswell.

Id love it if you could say how you achieve your tone.

What settings do you use on your v-amp, im considoring buying one just after hearing you use it in this.

Or do you have some kind of uber guitar which makes your tone?
Please tell me what pickups you use!


Hay dude, thanks for the killer compliments! I use the off-axis and vintage cabinets on the v-amp. I tweaked them allot and got them to were I like them. If you get it let me know and I can email you the patch I use to get my tone. I have a Jackson DKGMT Dinky guitar w/EMG pick ups.

Let me know if you have any other questions.


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-12-05, 03:15
jackson_metal_head's Avatar
jackson_metal_head jackson_metal_head is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: my user name sucks
Posts: 243
Awesome, i will let you know when i get it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimbolla
I'd recommend testicular clamps. But they can be quite uncomfortable and cost approximately 60% of your manhood.


Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.


summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-12-05, 11:29
jackson_metal_head's Avatar
jackson_metal_head jackson_metal_head is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: my user name sucks
Posts: 243
Ok, im just about to go and buy one, id just like to ask How you connect it to the computer, (ie is it via firewire or midi)

Also i spoke to the dude in the shop and he said it was just a poweramp, i will be using the preamp off my current head but id be interested to know how you run it.

Thansk alot mate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimbolla
I'd recommend testicular clamps. But they can be quite uncomfortable and cost approximately 60% of your manhood.


Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.


summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2006-12-05, 17:09
Soeru's Avatar
Soeru Soeru is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
Wow! Just wow. That's a really really good guitar tone(and vocals too btw), balanced and full, not what you usually get from many modeling pre's). I like the tightness. Sounds a lot better than many pro DM bands' tone!

You hooked up the pre directly up to the cabs? No poweramp? How does that work, does it have good headroom?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2006-12-05, 17:25
666petthylord666 666petthylord666 is offline
Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 60
FUCKING BRUTAL!!!! you killed it. great job.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2006-12-05, 19:59
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
Ok, im just about to go and buy one, id just like to ask How you connect it to the computer, (ie is it via firewire or midi)

Also i spoke to the dude in the shop and he said it was just a poweramp, i will be using the preamp off my current head but id be interested to know how you run it.

Thansk alot mate.


All you will need is the V-Amp Pro, 2 midi cables and the free software from the behringer website and that is it. No need to your your preamp at all. Go directly from your guitar into the v-amp pro and then into your sound cards line in. I have a M-Audio sound card but I started off with a standard sound card and that should work pretty decent for you.

You will need to make sure your computer has midi conections, mine did not and that is why I upgraded to the M-Audio soundcard.

What is your email address and I will email you the patch for the V-Amp pro I use.


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2006-12-05, 20:00
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666petthylord666
FUCKING BRUTAL!!!! you killed it. great job.


Thanks allot dude. I appreciate it!!!


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2006-12-05, 20:03
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Wow! Just wow. That's a really really good guitar tone(and vocals too btw), balanced and full, not what you usually get from many modeling pre's). I like the tightness. Sounds a lot better than many pro DM bands' tone!

You hooked up the pre directly up to the cabs? No poweramp? How does that work, does it have good headroom?


Hey man, thanks for the killer comments. it took me a little while to get my recordeds to where they are and I still ahve SOOO much to learn but I am happy with what I got so far.

No cabs at all....Guitar into the V-Amp Pro into my computers sound card and that is it. No mics needed or anything. I can record at 3:00 in the morning and not wake anyone up. I will just listen to everything on headphones, it works perfect.

I hope this answered your question, if not let me know and I will explaine more.


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2006-12-05, 20:29
Soeru's Avatar
Soeru Soeru is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
Aha cool, I just got thrown off because you mentioned cabs in the original post, hence making me think you were micing it.

I've got an old Digitech RP1(ancient multifx processor) on top of my comp, I just hook it out with a 1/8" audio cable right from the "phones" jack into my computer's line in jack(no converters or anything). Sounds like crap but it works OK. :P It has midi ins and outs(and thru(?)), I would borrow a cable to try the midi thing myself if I had midi jacks on my soundcoard.

What do you use for recording? Cubase? And what drum machine app you using?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2006-12-05, 21:25
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Aha cool, I just got thrown off because you mentioned cabs in the original post, hence making me think you were micing it.

I've got an old Digitech RP1(ancient multifx processor) on top of my comp, I just hook it out with a 1/8" audio cable right from the "phones" jack into my computer's line in jack(no converters or anything). Sounds like crap but it works OK. :P It has midi ins and outs(and thru(?)), I would borrow a cable to try the midi thing myself if I had midi jacks on my soundcoard.

What do you use for recording? Cubase? And what drum machine app you using?


Ahhh....I can see how you would get confused from when I mentioned cabs. The cabs I mentioned are just cab options I can choose on the v-amp pro to give it different tones.

I use Mixcraft for recording and Beatcraft for the drum machine. You can buy them both together to like $70 or something as a bundul package. Check them out here: http://www.acoustica.com/products.htm

No cubase for me or any other expensve stuff. I just tweak the hell out of what I got and I love it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2006-12-05, 23:15
Shift_aws Shift_aws is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
not really my fancy but its cool
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2006-12-06, 07:09
Soeru's Avatar
Soeru Soeru is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
Cool I'll be giving Beatcraft a download then, as I'm having so much trouble making good loops in Fruity Loops. Thx for the info.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2006-12-07, 21:33
Bloodsoaked666's Avatar
Bloodsoaked666 Bloodsoaked666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Cool I'll be giving Beatcraft a download then, as I'm having so much trouble making good loops in Fruity Loops. Thx for the info.


Cool....Beatcraft is very easy to use.


Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.