MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2006-11-22, 04:29
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
It's not only because he used those words, but because he used them in a racist context. He couldn't take criticism. Good riddance I say, natural selection is great.
Old 2006-11-22, 05:20
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I always wanted to do a show where I would go onstage, sit quietly in a chair facing the audience for a few minutes, and finally start to berate them for not being more entertaining, getting more and more offensive and specific as I went.

He was trying to get some laughs in an 'Oooh, I'm so scared of the nigger!' vein and didn't pull it off. Every standup comedian ever pulls out a personal and flippant response to a heckler; he just didn't know what he was doing. It's as harmless as can be. Now, if they'd like to lampoon him in the media for being an unfunny bastard, that's something I'd get behind. I'll even give him shit for using a controversial word without cutting deep, since that's counterproductive. But anybody who thinks that there should be laws against offensive speech is so much worse than an unfunny comic that I can't really care to much about Richards.
Old 2006-11-22, 05:23
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
It's not only because he used those words, but because he used them in a racist context. He couldn't take criticism. Good riddance I say, natural selection is great.

Ridiculous statement.
Old 2006-11-22, 06:14
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Ridiculous statement.

Explain. If it is the 'natural selection is great' statement then you realise it wasn't to be taken literally. It was a metaphor (mainly), saying that (in this context) the weaker, crappier comedians are diminished through an event such as this.

She was also responding to CTL's "words are nothing without meaning" shit by opening her response with "It's not only because he used those words, but because he used them in a racist context.", Basically saying the words were offensive because they were meant to be offensive.

"He couldn't take criticism.". It's true. He couldn't. The guys were saying that he's not funny, when he was on stage right?
Although, yes, they should have conducted themselves more appropriately Richards should not have reacted how he did.

So, please, explain why it is a ridiculous statement, as I do not think so, intuitively.
Old 2006-11-22, 06:48
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Explain. If it is the 'natural selection is great' statement then you realise it wasn't to be taken literally. It was a metaphor (mainly), saying that (in this context) the weaker, crappier comedians are diminished through an event such as this.

She was also responding to CTL's "words are nothing without meaning" shit by opening her response with "It's not only because he used those words, but because he used them in a racist context.", Basically saying the words were offensive because they were meant to be offensive.

"He couldn't take criticism.". It's true. He couldn't. The guys were saying that he's not funny, when he was on stage right?
Although, yes, they should have conducted themselves more appropriately Richards should not have reacted how he did.

So, please, explain why it is a ridiculous statement, as I do not think so, intuitively.

Well dude, the way I see it, I don't care for what you think or want to ask me or care about at all, you can either take what I said and think that there was some sort of meaning behind that and believe that, or you can take what I said as me giving someone on the net a hard time. For your information, the first circumstance is the truer one, and you can believe this or you can't - as far as explaining myself, how about I explain this - Fuck you, because the only reason you've taken any light in what she's said is because you've got some e-grudge against me, which is pretty gay and at the same time funny.

So anyway, I'll explain some of why I think it's a gay statement.

"Explain. If it is the 'natural selection is great' ... the weaker, crappier comedians are diminished through an event such as this."

This natural selection statement is one that I hear frequently used by uptight bitches with the air of self confidence and the image of self perfection who are deliberately alternative and must prove so by saying radical phrases that shock or ward away kids in school, for that very reason. Accomplishes nothing, it's ridiculous and extreme and used in most contexts is a target for misinterpretation. Now that's an inference, however her behaviour on the board in other threads has lead me to believe that this is the type of person that she is.

So, you call this guy a weaker, crappier comedian, or at least you are telling me that that is what she is saying, so, pretend at least one of you guys believes that - it's obviously wrong, this guy is a world class comedian and has made a living off of his comedy whether it be in the show or stand up or any sort of appearance. Just because you or her are above or do not find his comedy funny, does not mean that it is not, because obviously - being the celeb that he is - a large quantity of people have found him at one point funny.

"She was also responding ... Basically saying the words were offensive because they were meant to be offensive."

This is redundant. Saying that something created for the intent of being offensive is the reason that it is offensive is a redundant point/

""He couldn't take criticism.". It's true. He couldn't. The guys were saying that he's not funny, when he was on stage right?
Although, yes, they should have conducted themselves more appropriately Richards should not have reacted how he did."

Yes, this is fair enough, agreed.
Old 2006-11-22, 07:01
Post-whore

Well, over and done with now niggers!
Old 2006-11-22, 08:54
Post-whore

I tell ya, Jerry, THE NIGGAS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!

*slap bass riff*
Old 2006-11-22, 09:58
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien

*slap bass riff*
Ha, I think they used a keyboard for those instead of an actual bass.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-22, 10:02
Post-whore

Humm....think it was a keyboard too!
Old 2006-11-22, 10:05
Post-whore

Either way, I'm sure it was played by a black guy.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-22, 10:08
Post-whore

^Ha! One million possible things i could say about that...but i will not .

Anyway check the comic thread you niggers!
Old 2006-11-22, 13:03
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He actually was famous as a comedic actor but had only just started doing standup. He was an inexperienced standup comedian, as this incident shows. Definitely not a world-class standup comic.

It was a keyboard.
Old 2006-11-22, 14:35
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien

*slap bass riff*

badaow bum bum boadaow booooing
Old 2006-11-22, 14:45
Supreme Metalhead

Not the funniest put down of a heckler I've heard. Think he may need to work on that a bit don't you think
Old 2006-11-22, 15:09
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
The whole argument of words being meaningless is silly. If i walked up in front of you and yoru mom/girlfriend/sister and called her a "Fucking whore" you are from another world if you could just blow me off cause of that. Really, think of how you would react if that actually happened.

Words in and of themselves have no meaning. We assign meaning to words. If you called my mom/girlfriend/sister a fucking whore, naturally I would interpret "Fucking whore" as an insult to my mom/girlfriend/sister. I wouldn't, however, know what meaning you assigned to it because we both have different perceptions. I could be decoding the wrong message from that word. You could have been saying it as a random joke.

But let's say, for example, you called me a fucking whore. I wouldn't assign the same meaning to the word. I wouldn't be offended. You may have meant it to be an insult, but it didn't come off as one. You may have meant to be funny. there can be many meanings assigned to a word, which makes communication difficult.

With Micheal, he went into a rage trying to piss off the black people in the audience by calling them niggers. BUT the audience percieved it as "Racist" and "Bigotry," not as a very fucked up way of being funny (which he failed to pull off). When a white man says nigger, he would most likely be percieved as being racist, even if the white man didn't put that same encoding in the word. Put a black man like, say, Chris Rock or someone in Micheal's place, and no one would have any problem with the fact that he said nigger. Why? He's a fucking nigger, that's why! People wouldn't assign the same meaning to the word.

Meaning of words is based on the perception of both the listener and the speaker.

BTW, if none of that makes sense, I'm sorry. I tend to be incoherent when trying to prove a point.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-11-22, 16:53
Supreme Metalhead

The bottom line is he lost it on stage and like anyone who can't think of a funny come back he goes for the lowest denominator. If that person had buck teeth he'd probably have gone for that or if they'd been fat or bald etc, just so happened they were black.
Old 2006-11-22, 16:56
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate

Chris Rock or someone in Micheal's place, and no one would have any problem with the fact that he said nigger. Why? He's a fucking nigger, that's why! People wouldn't assign the same meaning to the word.

Meaning of words is based on the perception of both the listener and the speaker.

Black people using the 'nigger' word takes away the white guys ownership of it as an insult. How can you insult someone with a word if they use it to describe themselves already.
Old 2006-11-22, 17:02
Post-whore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5eZqtb1hZw

an apology on letterman.

i really dont know what to think of this.....its brutal to watch, the guy basically has a panic attack live on television.
Old 2006-11-22, 20:45
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
I honestly think this shit is hilarious... Racism is part of comedy beleive it or not.
Old 2006-11-22, 21:14
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
... Racism is part of comedy beleive it or not.
I may be a freak but I swear I have seen people who are funny, without being racist. I don't expect any of you to belive me though...