User Name
Password

Old 2006-11-24, 09:47
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
Oh and when he staggers back and burns his hand on the stove!

...and then the window falls on his hands!
Old 2006-11-24, 10:16
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
i have no empathy for two insignificant people. whats that quote... something like a single death is a tragedy, but a death of a million is a statistic... stalin said it, its too sadly true. I personally couldn't give a shit about 2 very wealthy white american 1st world people very who were killed over 10 years ago compared to the hundreds of thousands of children who die a year from things as simple as diarrhea, or the hundreds of thousands of people who have died in Iraq.
What i'm saying is that everybody is making a HUGE deal out of something that isnt important compared to the rest of the world. Great, one guy gets off for muder, and since its televised for 9 years, everybody cries about it. What about the other murderers who are let off as innocent, nobody cries about them. What about the people who were proved innocent AFTER they served their death penalty, nobody even knows they exist, and some even claim stuff like that has never happened. I'm just saying our attention is focused in the wrong place, lets pay attention to something that really matters.
Yes, there are many more horrible instances of death occuring around the world today. O.J. does not represent genocide, he does not represent a chlorea outbreak, he does not represent famine, but what he does represent is someone who still murdered two people, with a mountain of evidence against him, yet still managed to get off free thanks to his fame, money, and (ironically in this case) race. The jury was completely black, and I am not sure how something like that could have happened in the post-segragation 90s.

It is not just completely about him, but what he is a symbol of. He is a symbol of what Americans hate, someone who manages to literaly get away with murder because of how much money he has. He is an uncomfortable reminder that everyone really is not equal, that money and power really can free you from things, and that race still is a factor in how you are perceived by others, even though we are taught evry day that because this is America, we are all somehow equal, which we are not.

It's the same thing with any major public figure. Even though I am sure that no one really likes President Bush as a person, or a leader (myself included), he still needs to be protected from assassination, because of what he represents. I'm sure you would not feel sorry for him if he was shot in the head, since he is white and powerful and lives comfortably, but because of the position that he holds, and what he represents, he needs to be protected..... but after january 2009, that doesn't really matter anymore.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-24, 14:53
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
He is a symbol of what Americans hate,

never thought about that... thats a deep point dude.

oh and i want to retract something that i said... i dont want to buy his book anymore, i want to pirate it
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!