Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2006-11-21, 16:26
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
If I Did It

OJ Simpson is releasing a book titled "If I Did It" in which he explains how he would have killed his wife and her friend. Is this incredible or what? Is he trying to relive the past publicly in some twisted pleasure? Or is this his way of reassuring everyone that he REALLY didn't do it (because it would have been done this way). Maybe its an attempt to relieve himself of guilt. Discuss the maniac.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,229504,00.html
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2006-11-21 at 17:53.
Old 2006-11-21, 16:31
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Sycophant
I read in the L.A. Times that his publisher considers this book his confession.
Old 2006-11-21, 16:39
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
what a douche huh? it only took him what...a decade or more to come up with some bullshit like this?? he must be getting low on funds. i guess the interview is still on, but the book is done for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6167420.stm
Old 2006-11-21, 16:40
Die Young.

It's going to sell millions and make him rich again.

He should be brutally stabbed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2006-11-21, 16:48
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
It's going to sell millions and make him rich again.

He should be brutally stabbed to death.

hah you didn't read the link i posted did you? the amazon and the bbc link both verify the book has been cancelled....at least by that publisher. i guess it wouldn't surprise me for some other publisher to pick up the book.

its pretty fucked i think. if he really didn't do it, and felt the things he said he felt...theres no way he'd make a book describing how he'd kill her. this is one of the biggest loads of horseshit i've come across recently.

if i were him, i'd shut up and stay off the radar..hell might even move to a different country. and if i were the dad of nichole, i'd write a book about how i'm gonna kill oj hah
Old 2006-11-21, 16:55
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Maybe its an attempt to relief himself of guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycophant
I read in the L.A. Times that his publisher considers this book his confession.

That has to be the answer...
Old 2006-11-21, 17:03
HES BAAACK

what BALLS
Old 2006-11-21, 17:11
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
hah you didn't read the link i posted did you? the amazon and the bbc link both verify the book has been cancelled....at least by that publisher. i guess it wouldn't surprise me for some other publisher to pick up the book.

its pretty fucked i think. if he really didn't do it, and felt the things he said he felt...theres no way he'd make a book describing how he'd kill her. this is one of the biggest loads of horseshit i've come across recently.

if i were him, i'd shut up and stay off the radar..hell might even move to a different country. and if i were the dad of nichole, i'd write a book about how i'm gonna kill oj hah

oh...well I skimmed through both links...I guess I didn't get to that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2006-11-21, 17:35
Post-whore

He gets a check from the NFL every month his not going broke.
Old 2006-11-21, 17:54
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
He may not be going broke, but he may want more money.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2006-11-21, 18:23
Supreme Metalhead

Reads blurb on back of dust jacket...
"Drop blooded glove near property then pretend in court that it doesn't fit"
"Have the main cop on case exposed as a racist and Michael Richards fan (hahah topical!)"
"Drive Ford Bronco at granny speed through LA whilst laying on the back seat crying down the phone to your mom cause you're guilty as fuck. Followed by a police cavalcade"
"Have some wanna be Days of Our Lives actor with Bon Jovi haircut living at your house who hears banging on the wall and then signs a book deal to cash in on his 5 minutes of fame. Kato Calin who????"
"Hire big bucks lawyers who play up to the cameras non stop"
"Play the race card at every opportunity and come up with absurd drug deal gone wrong scenario for the actual turn of events at Bundy Drive"
"Smile and wave insincerely at jury when aquited but then get found guilty in a civil suit"

I could condense that book into one sentence "I'm a violent, possessive, jealous control freak and I couldn't bare my ex, the mother of my children, being with someone else so I knifed them. The End"
Old 2006-11-21, 18:33
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
yeah he was gonna do a show on fox but that got cancelled
Old 2006-11-21, 18:47
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Simple trade. Notoriety for cash.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2006-11-21, 19:25
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
i'd buy it... hell i'd buy 2... i hope hes not a dumbass and decides to leak it on the internet or something... that would be PRICELESS.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Old 2006-11-21, 19:55
New Blood

hes a lying rich asshole and doesnt knoe in his fucked up mind that people know he killed her!!!!!!!
Old 2006-11-21, 19:58
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I love it. The ultimate gesture - he gets away with it and can't be tried for it again, then confesses as publicly as possible. A giant middle finger raised to the cops from the confines of the now-properly-fitting glove.

Of course, the actual motivation is probably just that he's running out of money and knows that this will get him the most (short of starring in a Naked Gun sequel in which he kills his wife). But I still like to think of it as a Nietzschean gesture asserting that even the fellows appointed to judge things aren't in a position of authority when it comes to him.
Old 2006-11-21, 23:04
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I love it. The ultimate gesture - he gets away with it and can't be tried for it again, then confesses as publicly as possible. A giant middle finger raised to the cops from the confines of the now-properly-fitting glove.

Of course, the actual motivation is probably just that he's running out of money and knows that this will get him the most (short of starring in a Naked Gun sequel in which he kills his wife). But I still like to think of it as a Nietzschean gesture asserting that even the fellows appointed to judge things aren't in a position of authority when it comes to him.

see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
what BALLS
Old 2006-11-21, 23:24
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I saw it. That comment, however, would apply no matter what interpretation you had of his actual thinking in releasing this book. It takes balls to declare yourself above a country's laws, but it also takes balls to borderline admit to a murder after having been publicly tried for it in order to make some money, or to write an even mildly honest book about oneself and offer it to the public at large. Hell, it takes balls to write a book (especially if you're not really a writer), to stand up in the spotlight, to revisit a painful part of your past (more so to do it in public), to do anything other than living the rest of your life in a (metaphoric) cave after being judged guilty by the public at large but found innocent in court. It takes balls to be a 'lying rich asshole [who] doesnt knoe in his fucked up mind that people know he killed her!!!!!!!'

So I'm not entirely sure why you decided to quote our posts next to each other when yours applies to virtually every post in the thread, unless you meant that my post explained the things that were going around in your head but not making it out to communicate with your fingers (and hence the rest of the internet) when you made yours. In which case, you're welcome.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:37
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
The show and the book got cancelled. n00bs.

But yeah, the book isn't getting released anymore, that's what I heard anyway.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:45
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I saw it. That comment, however, would apply no matter what interpretation you had of his actual thinking in releasing this book. It takes balls to declare yourself above a country's laws, but it also takes balls to borderline admit to a murder after having been publicly tried for it in order to make some money, or to write an even mildly honest book about oneself and offer it to the public at large. Hell, it takes balls to write a book (especially if you're not really a writer), to stand up in the spotlight, to revisit a painful part of your past (more so to do it in public), to do anything other than living the rest of your life in a (metaphoric) cave after being judged guilty by the public at large but found innocent in court. It takes balls to be a 'lying rich asshole [who] doesnt knoe in his fucked up mind that people know he killed her!!!!!!!'

So I'm not entirely sure why you decided to quote our posts next to each other when yours applies to virtually every post in the thread, unless you meant that my post explained the things that were going around in your head but not making it out to communicate with your fingers (and hence the rest of the internet) when you made yours. In which case, you're welcome.

i thought id provide clifnotes