MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2006-11-14, 13:17
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

HAHA. When I gave my speech last fucking night in my speech class, this is what I did: Do Not allow your legs to hop up and down while sitting down like I see everyone do, and breathe deeply for a while. When you get tired, yawn it off, then you are just feeling....cool.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2006-11-14, 13:56
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
HAHA. When I gave my speech last fucking night in my speech class, this is what I did: Do Not allow your legs to hop up and down while sitting down like I see everyone do, and breathe deeply for a while. When you get tired, yawn it off, then you are just feeling....cool.

on the other hand, a good burst of desk blastbeating is always good

fucking GR1M
Old 2006-11-14, 14:02
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Only if you want people like me to stare you down until you stop.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2006-11-14, 14:53
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I've had a couple panic attacks and I've learned to know what to expect and how to ride them out so they stop. I'd get rapid heartbeat, flushing skin, clamminess, hard to breathe, and sometimes my guts would feel like they were going to melt from my body. I could just be sitting somewhere and it would build up. It only happens once in a very great while. I think it's been 2 years since my last one. I had one at work where I felt so light headed I went into the laundry room after I told someone how I felt, and sat on the floor incase I'd fall.

Anxiety from speaking I've learned from other that do regular speaking to take baby steps in speaking in front of others. I read at church the other day, from my seat, but with a mic, and I made it through okay. It's funny because I used to sing in front of people with my friends,even soloed with them as background, and that didn't really bug me, but the thought of doing it alone scares me. Even though I'd love to do it.

Sometimes knowing your material and forgetting what fear is all about helps a lot. Some people never lose a certain element of anxiety before a "performance, " but they've learned to adapt.

Slow and steady she goes.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-11-14, 15:06
Supreme Metalhead

Anxiety is a neurotic fear of anticipated trouble, it's called worry when it's mild and prolonged and panic when it's short and intense. A lot of anxiety is un-founded and based upon the fear of 'what if's', ritulistic behaviour can stem from this and esculate to OCD.
Anxiety is the body's natural way of preparing you for stressors or stressful events, known as Fight or Flight. It harks back to the days when man was the hunter gatherer and had to kill big hairy beasts with sharp teeth. Adrenaline is released which heightens the major senses you will need for fighting or running away and it shuts down any non-escential body functions. Butter flies in the stomach is a sign and is caused by the blood supply to the stumach being restricted as the blood is needed elsewhere. I mean, digesting that last happy meal isn't very important if you're going to get blown away by a 12 bore! Sphyncter muscles also relax hense people deficate and soil themselves in times of shock.

I doubt very much that you have an anxiety disorder as it doesn't affect your day to day living or lifestyle but only when you have to make a public announcement or play infront of a crowd. Stage fright is very common amongst performers, you'd be very suprised at how many veterans of the music/acting world still up-chuck dinner before a major performance.
Another common problem is performers 'choking'. This is when the idividual loses his cool midway through a piece and goes blank. Despite playing a tune or saying a line 100 times before suddenly they can't remember and have the look of a rabbit in car headlights.

There's been some pretty solid advice so far. I'd say go read up on the subject or see if there are some self help books in your local library. These might give you some exercises to do to help with breathing and relaxing. Try taking yourself somewhere quiet prior to your performance, listen to a calming tune and empty your mind. Often thinking about something over and over makes the issue far worse and blows it way up out of proportion!

Just remember it's perfectly normal to be nervous prior to a performance! I used to be really nervous playing live with some of my old bands....but if you'd heard the songs you'd have been bloody nervous too