MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 2006-12-07, 17:01
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
BRB, you didn't mention Canada..he must be a canadian!
Shit!!! I can't believe I forgot that, I have failed as a bag of bones and smooth, silky muscles.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:11
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Shit!!! I can't believe I forgot that, I have failed as a bag of bones and smooth, silky muscles.

meh, no one gives a shit about Canada anyways. unless you like SARS.
Old 2006-12-08, 03:08
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Well that is not entirely true. I am laughing at you right now, does that count?

mm I think yes it count
Old 2006-12-08, 10:02
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormatoA3
yes slaughter of the soul is very melodic ( one of the best death metal albu in the history) .

No way in hell. It's overhyped as fuck.

With so many clone bands nowadays like BDM, The Absence(sorry ih27frets!), etc. and a billion fucking metalcore bands that ripped off the Gothenburg sound, there's nothing new in the scene, it's just a pool of bands ripping each other off. So how does a ripoff of a ripoff done a million times sound? Pretty boring to me.

Btw, Wintersun are viking/melodic speed, there are no elements of death metal in their music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Death is melodic Death metal.

Death is death metal with melody(in which many cases is absent in some modern songs too), not melodic death metal. The evolved to a more proggish sound but they were still a plain ol DM band at their core.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-12-08 at 10:16.
Old 2006-12-08, 10:38
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru

With so many clone bands nowadays like BDM, The Absence(sorry ih27frets!), etc. and a billion fucking metalcore bands that ripped off the Gothenburg sound, there's nothing new in the scene, it's just a pool of bands ripping each other off. So how does a ripoff of a ripoff done a million times sound? Pretty boring to me.

Btw, Wintersun are viking/melodic speed, there are no elements of death metal in their music.

Death is death metal with melody(in which many cases is absent in some modern songs too), not melodic death metal. The evolved to a more proggish sound but they were still a plain ol DM band at their core.

death = death metal . It is exactly wath Im saying
Old 2006-12-08, 13:57
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via Yahoo to belphegor79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru

So, I guess the melodic death metal tag is a falsehood since all the bands that have ever been categorized as such have nothing to do with Suffocation or Morbid Angel, or any bands like those. I agree, that these bands really aren't DM, I have just conformed to the genre label I guess. Sad ain't it? Honestly, it's probably the worst genre tag in metal's history as all these bands (Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, In Flames etc.) have much more to do with thrash, and basically nothing to do with Death Metal. If there was a best band ever that's been classified as melodic death, I'd say it's Dissection, but really weren't they more blackened thrash anyway?
Old 2006-12-08, 14:43
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by belphegor79
So, I guess the melodic death metal tag is a falsehood since all the bands that have ever been categorized as such have nothing to do with Suffocation or Morbid Angel, or any bands like those. I agree, that these bands really aren't DM, I have just conformed to the genre label I guess. Sad ain't it? Honestly, it's probably the worst genre tag in metal's history as all these bands (Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, In Flames etc.) have much more to do with thrash, and basically nothing to do with Death Metal. If there was a best band ever that's been classified as melodic death, I'd say it's Dissection, but really weren't they more blackened thrash anyway?

Dt and inflames are melodic death metal and not trash also
for the use of growling in vocals and because their songs deal with ( for blood red bass : yes I know this verb) death and other tipical death metal tematics.
Old 2006-12-08, 15:21
Post-whore

Yeah early In Flames and DT is genuine DM. Like Lunar Strain and shit, that's pretty DM just more melodic, it even reminds me of Cynic and Atheist at times. But then both just sort of went different ways, IF went mallcore after Colony/Clayman and DT are just more of an industrial extreme band, not really DM anymore. But most Gothenburg bands have more traditional metal influence(ie: Ozzy, Maiden, Priest) than anything else, so I feel "death metal" is inappropriate in most cases for these bands. But hey, there is no definite sound for death metal either, Morbid sounds nothing like Obituary nor do they sound like Cynic or Severed Savior or Psycroptic. I think DM is very varied, it's not just Cannibal Corpse nowadays, while mdm is just too narrow, only 1 kind of sound that doesn't expand...

The only Swedish style melo death bands that are really death metal bands are those that took after Dismember and Entombed, which aren't many really(ie: Amon Amarth... can't think of any more!).

Earlier AtG is definately real melo death but then they sort of abandoned that and started playing more commercial groove/extreme metal(like The Haunted) before they split up.

EDIT: By the way, calling bands like Children of Bodom, Norther, Ensiferum and similar Finnish bands death metal is also very off. They're just modern speed/power with extreme vocals, with the exception of Ensiferum and Wintersun which have modern viking metal influence(like all the Oooooh singing ), I don't see any death metal at all in there. Cool bands though, especially Ensiferum and Wintersun.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-12-08 at 15:26.
Old 2006-12-09, 00:35
Metalhead
Banned

children of bodom
Old 2006-12-09, 04:50
Post-whore

They aren't DM god damn it.

Old 2006-12-09, 12:51
Metalhead
Banned

i didnt say they were. but they are a good melodic band.
Old 2006-12-09, 12:52
Post-whore

VanishingSystem
Old 2006-12-09, 13:30
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666petthylord666
i didnt say they were. but they are a good melodic band.

The topic is Melodic Death Metal
Old 2006-12-09, 15:18
Metalhead
Banned

good for you cuz i dont care
Old 2006-12-09, 15:22
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
good for you cuz i dont care

CoB is NOT MeloDeath so stfu bitch.
Old 2006-12-09, 15:22
Post-whore

And then the n00bs argued.
Old 2006-12-09, 15:26
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
CoB is NOT MeloDeath so stfu bitch.

can you not fucking read? i know theyre not death. if youd look youd see that i already said that fucktard.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:02
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
can you not fucking read? i know theyre not death. if youd look youd see that i already said that fucktard.

The topic=Melodic DEATH Metal
Old 2006-12-09, 16:07
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
The topic=Melodic DEATH Metal

omg. never fuckin mind. your so fucking stupid.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:09
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
omg. never fuckin mind. your so fucking stupid.

This topic is strictly about Melodic Death Metal. CoB is not MeloDeath, so dont talk about it in here you cunt.