MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Is there an afterlife?
Yes 10 19.23%
No 26 50.00%
Unsure 14 26.92%
Don't really think about it 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-06, 02:43
Senior Metalhead

Do you think there is an afterlife?

Well, do you?
Old 2006-11-06, 02:59
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
unsure. i cant pick yes or no, because i dont know... for sure.

anyway, i hope there is, because life is too short. not to mention that im spending mine in a time and place that i am not very interested in.
Old 2006-11-06, 03:21
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I'd like to think that there isn't, because if afterlife is altogether too similar to "this life", I'd rather just stop functioning completely.
Old 2006-11-06, 03:32
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
if afterlife is altogether too similar to "this life"

somehow, that doesnt seem very likely. heh.

this might sound dumb, but if our souls go on, and our bodies die here, how will we see or hear without eyes or ears.
Old 2006-11-06, 03:54
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
It's strange to talk about probability of something that we have no way of finding out anything about until we die. The probability of an afterlife being very similar if not the same as "this life" is the same as the probability of it being just like being inside a game of Super Mario Bros for example.

Bop bop bop BOP bobobop boboBOBOBOP boBOP bobobobop
Old 2006-11-06, 04:28
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to mrs. malicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
Bop bop bop BOP bobobop boboBOBOBOP boBOP bobobobop

one too many bop's in that last section there

conceited humans, why should there be an afterlife? haven't you ever heard that saying, "it's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years," yes? when you die, i think it's more of a....how to put it nicely..rotting-in-the-ground-and-serving-as-repast-for-the-worms kind of thing.

im in ur srvr
eatin ur dataz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
doom metal tries to invoke the feeling of being a really fat guy stuck in the trash compactor from Star Wars IV
Old 2006-11-06, 04:51
Life is pain.
Banned

does anyone have any crack pot scientist backed scientific proof of it, like some crazy guy theorising it or anything?

I voted no, but it would be cool to read no christian arguments for the idea.
Old 2006-11-06, 05:42
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
I voted yes, but Im kinda unsure. Believing in God, it feels wierd, but I dunno. Im a very confused little boy.

EDIT: I was going to say something completely different until I thought about it.
Old 2006-11-06, 06:14
Post-whore

vote yes. simply because believing something exists beyond life makes death easier.
Old 2006-11-06, 07:41
El Diablo sin pantalones

Send a message via MSN to brainsforbreakfast
yes, somewhat, I believe we (and just about most living things around us) have a soul. Not in the way in judeo-christian thinking, as some kind of ethereal you, but more in the way as.. uhm, some text has some more meaning or power between the lines, and I feel there is something between the lines, something between the atoms that is the soul.

The afterlife, I believe in a stream-of-life/reincarnation kind of thing, some people very attached to this existence stay here as ghosts or reincarnate, some join the stream of life. Annyhow, either way, if there is an afterlife or not, and how this afterlife would exist, the person you are ceases after you die. I'm thinking more along the lines of the spark of life that is what keeps on existing.

Shit, I just can't formulate my thoughts on this subject well enough..
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
Old 2006-11-06, 08:13
Post-whore

No.
Old 2006-11-06, 10:03
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
This thread needs a lab-thread. We vote on who to kill so they can report back to us in a few weeks. Any takers......Requiem...?
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-06, 10:30
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
somehow, that doesnt seem very likely. heh.

this might sound dumb, but if our souls go on, and our bodies die here, how will we see or hear without eyes or ears.

As souls, we would probably function on supernatural powers rather than bodily functions, and thus we would thrive on the powers of sight, hearing, touch, and taste. And unlike bodily functions, our powers won't fail us because, essentially, we would be immortal.

I'd like to think there is an afterlife, because what would be the alternative? Even with the theory of.... damn the word escapes me at the moment, but it's where you die and you come back as something or someone else. Well, anyways, even with that theory, you would still have to go somewhere, and eventually you do end up going there. I do believe in a afterlife, whether it's Heaven, Hell, or Cleveland.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-11-06, 10:46
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
I'd like to think there is an afterlife, because what would be the alternative? Even with the theory of.... damn the word escapes me at the moment, but it's where you die and you come back as something or someone else. Well, anyways, even with that theory, you would still have to go somewhere, and eventually you do end up going there. I do believe in a afterlife, whether it's Heaven, Hell, or Cleveland.
It's called reincarnation, where you return as something else; proportional to how you acted on earth. But anyway, I seriously do not think there is an afterlife like most people think. I have yet to die or talk to anyone who has, so right now I'm just assuming it is going to be like being asleep without any dreams. Most people think this is unsettling and creepy but I think it would be nice.

But for the most part, I think the reason most people like to believe in an afterlife is that it gives a sense of balance. As tired as this example is, it jsut doesnt seem fair at all that someone like Hitler can die quickly and painlessly from a gunshot wound to the head, while he was responsible for the horrible deaths of 6 million people. So we like to think he is going to get punished 6 million times over in hell to give us a sense of balance that he didn't really get away with it. Sadly though......well you get the point.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-11-06, 10:59
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sleeping without dreams I would imagine would be like floating in eternal darkness. Can't see anyone, can't talk to anyone, can't do anything for eternity. The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. I doubt that if there is a Hell out there that it couldn't be asbad as what you're describing.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-11-06, 11:04
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
I dont think about afterlife much, but I don't believe you go to heaven or hell or any of that shit.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-11-06, 11:11
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I'll leave this open, but warn everyone that this is a topic usually ending with hurt feelings and closure by a mod.

I wouldn't mind having an afterlife. I think another word for it would be "legacy."
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2006-11-06, 12:14
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
I personally think there is no after life. Once life is over its over, and as humans we are unable to think of nonexistance.

The same concept of being blind or without eyes. I don't know this for a fact, but i have a hunch that this is how it is, is that we often ask you knwo what do blind see? Black maybe? I would assume they see nothing, and that since we have never been in this state that we can't possible fathom what it means to have no vision at all.

I think this would be the same with death. Since we haven't experienced non-existance, that we can't possibly wrap our minds around not existing. No breathing, no thinking, no blackness, nothing.

Sad, cold, and definately not something that anybody would honestly want to think about for any length of time....
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-11-06 at 12:16.
Old 2006-11-06, 13:21
Senior Metalhead

I think an afterlife is only possible with the existence of a supreme being. Otherwise I really dont see the possibility of something as ethereal as the concept of a soul having any foundation to exist, if theres no divine presence behind it

And the way I see it, no such holy power exists. Religion most likely is just a convenient way for people to deal with their fears pertaining to death and to explain the paranormal and that which is difficult to comprehend

BTW, if Im wrong, and God is actually looking down on me as I type this, then I would like to extend him the courtesy of my big fat middle finger pointed in his direction. Any God that would forsake his people as this one has definitely isnt worthy of praise
Old 2006-11-06, 13:25
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecatomb
I think an afterlife is only possible with the existence of a supreme being. Otherwise I really dont see the possibility of something as ethereal as the concept of a soul having any foundation to exist, if theres no divine presence behind it

And the way I see it, no such holy power exists. Religion most likely is just a convenient way for people to deal with their fears pertaining to death and to explain the paranormal and that which is difficult to comprehend

BTW, if Im wrong, and God is actually looking down on me as I type this, then I would like to extend him the courtesy of my big fat middle finger pointed in his direction. Any God that would forsake his people as this one has definitely isnt worthy of praise

Although i laughed at this and said hell yeah...

I must say that isn't giving YOU and everybody the chance at life and the chance of happiness WORTH praising? Basically you're saying that if there were a god, you would rather everybody be dead than alive.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...