MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2007-01-29, 17:28
Lo, they do call to me...

Send a message via AIM to MoonRaven Send a message via MSN to MoonRaven Send a message via Yahoo to MoonRaven
all this christian mumbojumbo and no one mentioned horde, im surprised.

anyway, some decent christian metal bands, IMO
as i lay dying
extol
demonhunter
flyleaf, not so much metal as hard rock, but the chick is hot and has a good scream
orphaned land, not really christian, i believe they are jewish, but a religous band that fucking slays
Old 2007-01-29, 19:02
Post-whore

wat was that brutal DM band someone posted and their logic went like this:

when people see how much pain can exist, they will thank god.
i don't get it. As for christians playing metal, id on't really care, ok by me. What makes me mad is making an actual religion a part of your music. I do like Morbid Angel, but ya Deicide gets boring . Also metal lyrics which are postive, (not about conflict), don't really mix with the music, unless it's like, helping hand or something, which brings me to the next question, which has been put in a thread but never really answered. How would you justify or explain DM lyrics to a non-fan, i've thought about it, but i don't see how to explain it: you can try bands like Death, because CC's lyrics are pretty much a joke
Old 2007-01-29, 19:23
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Christian metal's just one of the many, many, many results of the Church realizing a millenium or so after the death of Christ that the world wasn't really about to end and that power had to be held in this world as well as reserved for the next. So Christianity tried to insinuate itself into all these worldly things and it ended up, trivially enough, with a Christian version of every existing bit of pop culture, co-opted at birth to fight against the forces of hell. Kinda boring to me.

The fascinating bit is that, if they really mean this shit (as opposed to most of our favorite bands, who with some exceptions really don't mean anything they write about), then why the hell are they so devoid of passion, of interest, of anything redeeming their fifth-rate hack jobs after the style of some band supposedly on the 'other side' of a cosmic battle they consider a joke?
Old 2007-01-29, 19:28
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE Send a message via MSN to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE
I think it doesnt matter what u are (jew, christian, Islam) just dont use metal to tell people about your "GOD". But I aprove satanic stuff in metal. So unless you are a satanist stfu and keep your religion out of metal. The Christians in the south piss me off. Religion suks in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
He's calling you a faggot piece of shit because you are young and unintelligent, and most of all, you are a boring, stereotyopical, close minded metal head. Please don't pretend to understand anything PST says. Please leave the forum now.
Old 2007-01-29, 19:39
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMERSMASHEDFACE
I think it doesnt matter what u are (jew, christian, Islam) just dont use metal to tell people about your "GOD". But I aprove satanic stuff in metal. So unless you are a satanist stfu and keep your religion out of metal. The Christians in the south piss me off. Religion suks in my opinion.

No you suck.

I despise you, by the way.
Old 2007-01-29, 19:54
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE Send a message via MSN to HAMMERSMASHEDFACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
No you suck.

I despise you, by the way.

for what ?
are you in a stryper cover band or something?

Quote:
He's calling you a faggot piece of shit because you are young and unintelligent, and most of all, you are a boring, stereotyopical, close minded metal head. Please don't pretend to understand anything PST says. Please leave the forum now.
Old 2007-01-29, 21:04
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
What's wrong with having some more non-offensive lyrics to a great sounding music? I don't see anything wrong with that. Not everyone knows which are really an artists feelings and what are sarcasm in one form or another.

Some of the only hip hop stuff I really like is Christian with non-offensive lyrics, but with a realistic message.
O double G'z.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2007-01-29, 21:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
which brings me to the next question, which has been put in a thread but never really answered. How would you justify or explain DM lyrics to a non-fan, i've thought about it, but i don't see how to explain it: you can try bands like Death, because CC's lyrics are pretty much a joke

i can't really tell if PST answered this or not
Old 2007-01-29, 21:19
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Dude that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever read in my life.That is coming from a guy who makes some pretty shitty topics.
Old 2007-01-29, 21:47
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
huh?!
arent you the guy that floods up the bass forum every other fucking second with "which is better" threads.
I think I and everyone else has had enough of your fucking religeous slander and jargon about how its "cool" to incorporate christianity into every day life.
heavy metal originated in atheism and agnosticism, then it moved on towards paganism...a step foreward in my opinion. So leave it at that.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Old 2007-01-29, 22:27
Lo, they do call to me...

Send a message via AIM to MoonRaven Send a message via MSN to MoonRaven Send a message via Yahoo to MoonRaven
actually, metal had dickshit to do with religion, the only reason people associated metal music with any form of religious being, namely "the dark side" of things, is because of its dark nature, metal relating to sunshine, flowers and happy thoughts doesnt really exist, to my knowledge anyway. metal started as an expression of anger and aggression towards society, a peaceful form of protest, and, IMO, a pretty cool sounding protest. metal has been involved in a religious battle since its inception not by choice, but by being forced into it by the moral majority.
Old 2007-01-29, 22:34
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
Dude that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever read in my life.That is coming from a guy who makes some pretty shitty topics.

Hey SixSicSix you obviuosly missed that last sentance.You know the one about me making shitty topics?Open your fucking eyes next time

PS:Nice Spelling, Religeous? WTF is that?
Old 2007-01-29, 23:33
Senior Metalhead

Man, screw any dumb christian metalheads who want to make music! They have no right to write lyrics about stuff they believe in, they have to write about SATAN and DEMONS or they should be CRUCIFIED!! SLAY THE METAL INFIDELS!!!! RURGHH

Old 2007-01-30, 00:52
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Nothing wrong with non-offensive lyrics to great sounding music. However, when the method is to take a pre-packaged message and force it into whatever form happens to be in front of you, the result is often mediocre music. Death metal has some shitty lyrics that really couldn't be out-sucked by uninspired Christian platitudes, but the reason that we'll accept Cannibal Corpse's immature lyrics is that the music, which is the only thing readily digestible anyway in death metal, is actually of inspired, original, and of high quality.

So there's nothing wrong with Christian death metal in the abstract. But the fact is that it's always devised as salvos in the war between God and Satan, aiming to save people like us from the hell we've earned ourselves, and the people who make things in this way don't really care how good it is, because quality is not its reason to exist. This is why a lot of explicitly Christian films (The Omega Code) also suck. Not because it's impossible to have a good Christian film or good Christian music (we tend to forget that, for example, all of Bach is Christian music) - it's just that these people, rather than wanting to make something good to the glory of God, as Bach or the architects of cathedrals or any number of Christian artists have done, want to make something that proselytizes to adherents of this or that worldly popular art form as its reason to exist.

Of course, the reason that all sorts of thoroughly mediocre death metal bands are still praised while equally bad Christian ones are reviled has to do with prejudice. But there really aren't any excellent Christian death metal bands (there are very few excellent death metal bands to begin with), and that is at least in part due to the fact that being a good band has nothing to do with why these bands exist.

And most regular people will camp up CC lyrics. They're too discomforting not to provoke a laugh.

Hmm, looking back at this I seem to have forgotten that the subject was Christians in metal in general, rather than death metal. Still, I stand by most of what I've said. Masters of Reality is something of an exception.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2007-01-30 at 00:56.
Old 2007-01-30, 15:31
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings

i have only made one thread

Quote:

Last edited by HAMMERSMASHEDFACE : 2007-01-30 at 15:33.
Old 2007-01-30, 17:40
Post-whore

thatexplains the christian part, but is there no way to explain to a non-fan, about the lyrics (that don't have to be there). I realize that some lyrics can be positive like Death's the sound of perseverance, but i mean if you mention a band called death, the listener tends not to take you very seriously
Old 2007-01-30, 18:30
Senior Metalhead

Hey Hammer i was talking about myself.
Old 2007-01-30, 18:30
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to CannibalXampire
Quote:
i have only made one thread

You're not very good at the whole..."reading" thing, are you?
Old 2007-01-30, 18:44
Senior Metalhead

You're not very good at the whole..."reading" thing, are you?

+45 Cannibal
Old 2007-01-30, 19:16
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
What a dickweed convention this has turned into. Go have your slapfight somewhere else, because I'm not really interested in seeing a bunch of puerile goofballs have the most insipidly inept argument this forum has ever seen.