MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2006-11-05, 20:59
UserNamee UserNamee is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
Another Bass Advise

Ok so I've been playing for over a year now on my washburn xb 100. The main problem i have is that i can't find a comfortable way to play it. If i make it hang around like my waist it's good for my left hand but i can't do much with me right arm. When i make it hang lower, like almost on out stretch of my right arm then neck of my bass, i wouldn't say dives to the floor but swings a little bit and i have to try and catch it with my left hand while trying to play and my fingers slide on high E which sometimes is heard when i use dfferent tones. So sometimes im having real pain playing stuff like BS's paranoid and Pantera's Domination cuase neck in my hand moves like a fish.

So i just wanna know if anyone had this problem? Is there a bass you could recomend me to try out? and if by chance you've played the one i have and any thoughts on it?

Mines not a large scale bass, and im 5'9 but i don't have the longest arms, i've been trying to find thunderbird to try out so is there a bass you could recomend.

by the way i play with fingers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-11-05, 21:10
basstendencies basstendencies is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: western nc
Posts: 370
trying adjusting your strap so the bass sits level with your chest. it allows me to play much more comfortably, but i am a bit taller than you. give it a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-11-08, 17:51
UserNamee UserNamee is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
thanks i'll try that
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-11-08, 18:02
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
I used to play low like webster, untill I got my six string, the bitch is just too heavy for that. now I play waaay up high like myung, ive found I get a better attack and tapping is much easier, I also have better upper fret access.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-11-09, 15:07
basstendencies basstendencies is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: western nc
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
I used to play low like webster, untill I got my six string, the bitch is just too heavy for that. now I play waaay up high like myung, ive found I get a better attack and tapping is much easier, I also have better upper fret access.


amen brother.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-11-09, 18:25
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
aye! another floridian.
where are you bro?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-12-07, 10:07
UserNamee UserNamee is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
lol i don't think i'm ever touching six string beast, may be five but that's enough for me. as for my playing, i now find changing length for different styles working out for me better. thanks for the advises.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-12-09, 03:03
Disincarnate's Avatar
Disincarnate Disincarnate is offline
But why is the rum gone ?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Keeping the Groove going and staying out of Treble
Posts: 1,778
Send a message via MSN to Disincarnate
just decide on a lenght and stick to that..pretty soon you will be comfortable with everything
__________________


Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely




Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist


www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-12-09, 04:13
Wolfsherz Wolfsherz is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via MSN to Wolfsherz
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamee
Ok so I've been playing for over a year now on my washburn xb 100. The main problem i have is that i can't find a comfortable way to play it. If i make it hang around like my waist it's good for my left hand but i can't do much with me right arm. When i make it hang lower, like almost on out stretch of my right arm then neck of my bass, i wouldn't say dives to the floor but swings a little bit and i have to try and catch it with my left hand while trying to play and my fingers slide on high E which sometimes is heard when i use dfferent tones. So sometimes im having real pain playing stuff like BS's paranoid and Pantera's Domination cuase neck in my hand moves like a fish.

So i just wanna know if anyone had this problem? Is there a bass you could recomend me to try out? and if by chance you've played the one i have and any thoughts on it?

Mines not a large scale bass, and im 5'9 but i don't have the longest arms, i've been trying to find thunderbird to try out so is there a bass you could recomend.

by the way i play with fingers



Well I play my XB 100 quite low (as low as the strap allows), and that works really well (finger ànd plectrum), whilst being 6'1 (1m84)


...Maybe try out loadsa straps?
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2007-01-10, 21:19
UserNamee UserNamee is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
Well I play my XB 100 quite low (as low as the strap allows), and that works really well (finger ànd plectrum), whilst being 6'1 (1m84)


...Maybe try out loadsa straps?



ye ive been looking into longer ones. i'd say i partially solved the problem. but anyway i wanted to ask, does your bass make fret buzz? 'cuase bass we own seems to be known for this problem. theonly way i found to correct this is to master my left hand fingers to make them more precise and accurate. i i dont know ahhh thanks for help.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2007-01-11, 18:27
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
johny myung armpit wedge style for me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.