MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts

Old 2006-11-01, 06:05
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

trivium and the sword

first of all i dont give a shit if you think trivium sucks, dont waste your time posting, im not a trivium fan, i just like their new cd and think theyre really good live (seen em 3 times)

i got there when the sword started and let me tell you, it was probably the most boring band ive ever seen. it seemed like they stole one of black sabbath's riffs and just played it for an hour, switching the tempo every once in a while. that and they just stood in one place softly nodding their heads. for AN HOUR.
horribly bad.

trivium was great, they dropped all the hardcore shit and played a pretty solid thrash show, lots of old metallica covers and original songs that sounded like they came from old metallica. definately kickass, and the circle pit was pretty intense

yeah thats about it
trivium good, sword bad

Old 2006-11-01, 07:10
Hecatomb
Senior Metalhead

Eh, Im not gonna lambast Trivium, but I will say that the two times I saw em live, they were rather...tame :/

Old 2006-11-01, 18:17
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yeah The Sword is lame, Trivium is also now Lame.

I went for Sanctity, and Protest The Hero, and left a happy boy.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2006-11-02, 01:21
Cheese Co
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkelatorOfSteel

trivium was great, they dropped all the hardcore shit and played a pretty solid thrash show, lots of old metallica covers and original songs that sounded like they came from old metallica. definately kickass, and the circle pit was pretty intense

*laughs*

Old 2006-11-02, 03:49
Megadeth
Senior Metalhead

Wasnt cheese co the one who was hardcore danicing and got bullied haha to that and these bands suck

Old 2006-11-02, 14:23
bassist_of_light
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
first of all i dont give a shit if you think trivium sucks, dont waste your time posting, im not a trivium fan, i just like their new cd and think theyre really good live (seen em 3 times)

i got there when the sword started and let me tell you, it was probably the most boring band ive ever seen. it seemed like they stole one of black sabbath's riffs and just played it for an hour, switching the tempo every once in a while. that and they just stood in one place softly nodding their heads. for AN HOUR.
horribly bad.

yeah thats about it
trivium good, sword bad

i kind of like the sword, although it is very sabbathy at least they are trying to ressurect some of that blues metal riffage, yea they are kind of samey most of the time, but they are still pretty good.

Trivium is kind of lame, first off i hate the vocals, flat out he is the typical lame metalcore vocalist. I do like some of the guitarwork, but i dont know, i have basically disregarded almost all forms of metalcore ( excluding btbam and becoming the archetype).

my myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/bassist_of_light

Old 2006-11-02, 23:12
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

listen to the new stuff, they dropped the hxc vocals for a more hetfield-ish sound

...hetfield before he sucked -_-

Old 2006-11-03, 13:24
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

what a fucking ripp-off, bunch of metallica fanboys

Old 2006-11-03, 14:33
bassist_of_light
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
what a fucking ripp-off, bunch of metallica fanboys

whom?

my myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/bassist_of_light

Old 2006-11-03, 19:04
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Trivium

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2006-11-03, 19:51
UpsideDownKFC
New Blood

i had written this big long post, but it was my first and things got messed up.

the shortened version is this:

Buy Age of Winters by The Sword and then make your judgements. I had no idea Trivium and the others were playing this tour, I bought tickets after searching for the sword on ticketmaster.

They are pretty much as stripped down as you can get, and i really dig it.

I will say that Trivium definitely came out with the fury, and they nail those dual guitar solos like they aren't even trying, but seriously their whole scene and image is about as lame as it gets. Those dudes are about as vain as they come and just about as cocky, although they are that damn good. My main problem is that they come right out and say that they want(ed) to be Metallica. I mean, I love Metallica, but when you set your band's goal as wanting to be another band, you've gone in the wrong direction. These guys pretty much take all the pieces of super popular metal bands of the past, and put them together in a Myspace lover, pinup magazine format. I mean, look at the people at their shows. And I really haven't heard lyrics as trite and lamely written as theirs in a really long time.

All that aside, I own their cds and do think they put together some cool shit, but it's all part of a big formula to put their face in as many places as possible.

And another thing, what's with them playing every damn guitar in the Dean Dimebag series? Christ.

Old 2006-11-03, 20:45
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

who gives a fuck if they rip off metallica? i'd rather hear some somewhat good thrash with some actual riffage than some metalcore bullshit.
and people say the crusade album is "average", but concidering it as a THRASH album that came out in 2006, it deserves a fucking medal of honor.

Old 2006-11-03, 22:26
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

You say you're not a fan but you like the new album and have spent your money to see them live 3 times and you thought they kicked ass? In my book doesn't that make you a fan?
Or are you a Trivium 'poser' for only liking the new CD?

Old 2006-11-04, 14:15
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
who gives a fuck if they rip off metallica? i'd rather hear some somewhat good thrash with some actual riffage than some metalcore bullshit.
and people say the crusade album is "average", but concidering it as a THRASH album that came out in 2006, it deserves a fucking medal of honor.

i think your pants are on a little too tight.
why give a medal for COMPLETELY jacking a VERY well established metal band's style(metallica) and once more COMPLETELY stealing solos from another bands guitarist(slayer)
you knew you were gonna get flamed for this thread, and you made it anyway just for the sake of controversy. but it isnt even controversy, because nobody else supports you. and it is a proven fucking fact that TRIVIUM SUCKS! as a matter of fact they fucking always have. get off of your high horse, try listening to some real music, then make a thread that wont get closed in 3 days.

EDIT: ITS NOT THRASH YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID ITS NU METAL!

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-11-04, 21:32
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

why give a medal for COMPLETELY jacking a VERY well established metal band's style(metallica) and once more COMPLETELY stealing solos from another bands guitarist(slayer)

okay you win... just name a better THRASH, YES I SAID THRASH cd, that came out in 2006. i don't know about you chumps but imo, the best music ever was 80's metal. if a band wants to try to immitate, or even completely rip off 80's METAL, then i'm all for it. you dipshits are complaining that it sounds too much like 80's metallica when i think that's what more music these days needs to sound like.

you knew you were gonna get flamed for this thread, and you made it anyway just for the sake of controversy.

oh no i'm gonna get flamed for posting a review of a tour/concert in the TOURS AND CONCERTS forum, somebody get out the crucifix, because something that absurd has to have come from satan himself.

and it is a proven fucking fact that TRIVIUM SUCKS! as a matter of fact they fucking always have.

did i say i was a trivium fan? i said that they were good live. have you seen them live? probably not because you're too busy downloading dream theater mp3s for your ipod to get off your fat ass and go to a show.

get off of your high horse, try listening to some real music, then make a thread that wont get closed in 3 days.

high horse? i made a topic about a fucking concert
and it happens to be the closest thing to "real music" that's coming to san diego for a while

so uh
lick my balls

Old 2006-11-04, 21:47
Pr0az
Post-whore

^ Damn bro don't cry it's only a forum.

Old 2006-11-04, 23:52
Megadeth
Senior Metalhead

Sodoms self titled album came out 2006....and its a hell of a lot better then Triviums newest release.

Old 2006-11-05, 00:30
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

that it is, but i don't have the opportunity to see sodom live since they never come down here, the last true thrash show that came here was gigantour, but other than that, pretty dry

Old 2006-11-05, 23:19
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

so, because you cant get your ;azy ass out to see a band...you go and become a little fucking scene kid for a band that isnt even thrash?
its NOT thrash. so im not going to list thrash bands because i dont listen to thrash regularly. but NOBODY will back you up on your statements of trivium being thrash...trash..maybe.

I can name several albums of 2006 that are more brutal than trivium.
cannibal corpse - kill
nile - annihilatio of the wicked
Green day - american idiot

god dammit! would I love to be in a corcle pit with your dumb ass

Old 2006-11-06, 22:56
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

"so, because you cant get your ;azy ass out to see a band...you go and become a little fucking scene kid for a band that isnt even thrash?"

hahaha, "little scene kid?" grow up man, seriously.
if me going to a concert (of a band that isn't even "scene") makes me a scene kid then congratulations asshole, i'm a scene kid. you're the one who's too much of a fuckin poser to listen to the music, you just go on what people tell you and listen to others instead of making an opinion for yourself.

its NOT thrash. so im not going to list thrash bands because i dont listen to thrash regularly.

i don't give a shit what genre it is. all i know is that it's fast, has good riffs, actual 80's style solo'ing, and the vocals arent annoying hardcore shit anymore. that's good enough for me.

but NOBODY will back you up on your statements of trivium being thrash...trash..maybe.

is this a fucking popularity contest? i don't give a shit if anyone agrees with me or not, i made this topic because it was a good show, not to convert people.

I can name several albums of 2006 that are more brutal than trivium.
cannibal corpse - kill
nile - annihilatio of the wicked
Green day - american idiot

what are you talking about? i said nothing about being "brutal" so uh congratulations wang master, you won that one

god dammit! would I love to be in a corcle pit with your dumb ass

start calling people dumbasses when you learn how to spell "circle"

Old 2006-11-07, 23:00
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

circle...it was a typeo you cunt.
I have listened to trivium. and ive had the misfortune of seeing them live twice.
and for the last fucking time. theyre not 80's style. they are just trying to be what the modern media calls "old school". try some real 80's metal, like exodus or obituary.
are we all tired of this asshole and his threads?
why cant someone ban him?

Old 2006-11-07, 23:15
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

hate to break it to you but i saw exodus last month and they sucked ass. i'm a huge exodus fan but all they played was their new shit, and it was horrible.

all i'm hearing is "waaaah i can't stop clicking on skelator's topics, some one ban him"

if you can't take the heat then leave the hall

Old 2006-11-07, 23:25
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

heat?
you mean the heat of EVERYONE else on this forum flaming the shit out of you?
you sure showed me. I think ill go and listen to bands that suck now and show respect for plagarists, because you seem to think its cool.
im done with this thread, if you really feel the need to carry on this bullshit conversation use private messages, because I wont respond in here anymore.
You and all the other trivium fans can have this thread now untill in about 3 days when a mod shuts you down...AGAIN..for useless topics...all 2 of you.

Old 2006-11-08, 02:22
SkelatorOfSteel
Senior Metalhead

1. stop bitching
2. every post you've made in this topic is the same
3. i don'y care about anything you're talking about, please stop.

Old 2006-11-09, 02:58
boltmetal
Metalhead

put trivium in metak blade 2 years ago no one would hate them. They are not fan boys they know there metal. The only problom would be roadrunner

Old 2006-11-09, 08:48
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

and your spelling

Old 2006-11-26, 18:02
arvina
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Yeah The Sword is lame, Trivium is also now Lame.

I went for Sanctity, and Protest The Hero, and left a happy boy.

FUCKIN RIGHT!!!!! finally someone who likes protest...or maybe it was for sanctity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
nah man, nah, I had an itchy ballsack!

forget wall of marshalls look at this wall of engls!
http://www.engl-amps.com/pics/newsp..._stevemorse.jpg

www.tdiclub.com

Old 2006-11-26, 20:44
Batteryhuman
Metalhead

Dude, The Sword are fucking BRIALLIANT! They write amazing riffs and their song structures are incredible. Just listen to their album. I'm looking forward to seeing them with Kylesa in a week.