MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2006-10-25, 23:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
Would Regurgitate be considered Goregrind?

Of course.

Quote:
That Stoma cover is pretty nuts but I've seen worse. Both Torsofuck covers are tottally worse than that.

I don't know. EDF isn't really bad at all and the split with Lymphatic Phlegm is just a photoshop image. The Stoma one is probably real.

Most insane cover I've ever seen was for a noise guy named Costes. I'll try to find a pic.

EDIT:
Here it is, I warn you it's pretty sick, but funny.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Last edited by Cunty Shunt : 2006-10-25 at 23:15.
Old 2006-10-26, 05:08
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
Hahahahahaha what the fuck!?

The writing looks like it was just written in paint.
Old 2006-10-26, 06:56
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
indeed
Old 2006-10-26, 13:09
Metalhead

Mortician and Devourment are two of my favorite goregrind bands. I love how groovy they are. Just listen to "Zombie Apocalypse" by Mortician or "Serial Cocksucker" by Devourment. It's ironic that goregrind, one of the most brutal forms of metal, has some of the few metal bands that someone could theoretically dance to without accidentally killing themselves.
Old 2006-10-26, 15:03
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal Carcass
Mortician and Devourment are two of my favorite goregrind bands. I love how groovy they are. Just listen to "Zombie Apocalypse" by Mortician or "Serial Cocksucker" by Devourment. It's ironic that goregrind, one of the most brutal forms of metal, has some of the few metal bands that someone could theoretically dance to without accidentally killing themselves.

HAHAHAH I laugh at you because you have no clue what you are talking about.

Truer words were never spoken.
Old 2006-10-26, 15:06
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
Most insane cover I've ever seen was for a noise guy named Costes. I'll try to find a pic.

EDIT:
Here it is, I warn you it's pretty sick, but funny.

HAHAHAHA I think The Torsofuck demos are worse. But I'm not really a fan of just taking images off the internet for a cover. It seems like cheating. Like what the fuck was with those Bile and Hymen Holocaust covers. Talk about unoriginal.

Old 2006-10-26, 16:16
Post-whore

Quote:
HAHAHAHA I think The Torsofuck demos are worse. But I'm not really a fan of just taking images off the internet for a cover. It seems like cheating. Like what the fuck was with those Bile and Hymen Holocaust covers. Talk about unoriginal.

The Costes cover is actually Costes himself. He's a very authentic sicko! He has sex on stage while playing noise and stuff, eats shit, drinks piss, etc.

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2006-10-26, 18:28
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
The Costes cover is actually Costes himself. He's a very authentic sicko! He has sex on stage while playing noise and stuff, eats shit, drinks piss, etc.

Sounds like a G.G. Allin wanna be LOL.

Old 2006-10-26, 18:45
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
GG Allin bit some girls nipple off. That's all I can ever think of when someone says GG Allin.
Old 2006-10-26, 20:50
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
GG Allin bit some girls nipple off. That's all I can ever think of when someone says GG Allin.

HAHA Good ol' G.G.

Old 2006-10-27, 03:34
Post-whore

Quote:
Sounds like a G.G. Allin wanna be LOL.

That's funny you say that because he's known as the GG Allin of France. He's been doing it just as long though so it's not really a rip off. His girlfriend used to be GG's also.

Old 2006-10-27, 04:12
Metalhead

Quote:
HAHAHAH I laugh at you because you have no clue what you are talking about.

What the fuck? Why the hell do you think that? I know Mortician may not be pure goregrind, but they're somewhere between that and brutal death, and devourment definitaly are grind. And they both have a strong element of groove. So fuck off.
Old 2006-10-27, 08:01
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
you sir, are wrong. both mortician and devourment are pure brutal death metal. goregrind uses clear, very simple riffs, lowpitched vocals and polka rhythms combined with blastbeats ofcourse.

this is pure goregrind: www.myspace.com/rompepropaganda
Old 2006-10-27, 12:34
Metalhead

Hmm. I thought goregrind was music that took some elements of grindcore (simple repetitive riffs, short songs, an occasional element of groove, etc) with the overall tone and heaviness of death metal. Meanwhile, I thought brutal death metal was similar to goregrind, but extremely fast and technical (such as Disgorge or Suffocation). Also, both the bands I referenced do have (at least most of the time) the chugging-low register-palm muted-powerchord riffing style that is employed by most goregrind bands, so you can't deny that they are similar to goregrind. Maybe they fit in slam death metal?
Old 2006-10-27, 13:24
Post-whore

Quote:
Hmm. I thought goregrind was music that took some elements of grindcore (simple repetitive riffs, short songs, an occasional element of groove, etc) with the overall tone and heaviness of death metal. Meanwhile, I thought brutal death metal was similar to goregrind, but extremely fast and technical (such as Disgorge or Suffocation). Also, both the bands I referenced do have (at least most of the time) the chugging-low register-palm muted-powerchord riffing style that is employed by most goregrind bands, so you can't deny that they are similar to goregrind. Maybe they fit in slam death metal?

Now you see why I was laughing? Mortician is drum machine fueled Death Metal and Devourment is the furthest from grind. They are Brootal Slam Death Metal. Or whatever they people call it.

Look at the lists on this thread and that's what goregrind is. Rompeprop, Regurgitate, Last Days Of Humanity, Dead Infection ect. Jeeze next you'll say Slayer is powermetal. As for the whole chugga chugga riffs? They are not grind. Grind riffs are simple punk riffs played extreemly fast or with lots of slidding.

Old 2006-10-27, 13:45
Metalhead

Actually, I don't see why you were laughing. Both the bands I mentioned play extremely simple downtuned riffs that are extremely fast. They both share qualities that are extremely similiar to goregrind. Although I am not sure if either use pitchshifters, they both have very low, gutteral vocals that sound almost identical to goregrind. Also, keep in mind that I have only heard devourments latest album (the second version of Butcher The Weak), and I can not comment on the "goregrindness" of their earlier work.
Old 2006-10-27, 13:53
Post-whore

Quote:
Actually, I don't see why you were laughing. Both the bands I mentioned play extremely simple downtuned riffs that are extremely fast. They both share qualities that are extremely similiar to goregrind. Although I am not sure if either use pitchshifters, they both have very low, gutteral vocals that sound almost identical to goregrind. Also, keep in mind that I have only heard devourments latest album (the second version of Butcher The Weak), and I can not comment on the "goregrindness" of their earlier work.

Butcher The Weak is not Goregrind. The songs are far too long and have too many riffs to be considered goregrind. Just cause a band tunes their guitarist down low and have low vocals doesn't make them goregrind. Look at Lord Gore. Or hell look at all those wicked DooM bands like Coffins and Wormphlegm,

Like I sort of disagree with Rompeprop, Cock And Ball Torture and The Day Everything Became Nothing being called Goregrind. They are Groove Oriented Gore Metal. They rarley have any "grind" elements in their songs besides the occational blast beat and of course their pitch shifted vocals. But that's just me being picky. But I would consider Dead Infection to be the pureist goregrind band around. They are one of the founders of the genre.

Old 2006-10-27, 14:08
The Man Who Is, MGI.

That dude from creamface is pretty cool.

He takes pictures of himself giving girls facials for the album covers, and has his own perverted magazine he does.

Seth from Anal Cunt is a pussy.........
Old 2006-10-27, 14:20
Metalhead

Quote:
Butcher The Weak is not Goregrind. The songs are far too long and have too many riffs to be considered goregrind. Just cause a band tunes their guitarist down low and have low vocals doesn't make them goregrind. Look at Lord Gore. Or hell look at all those wicked DooM bands like Coffins and Wormphlegm,

I never said that Devourment are goregrind simply because of the low tuning and vocals, I was just giving another example of some of the qualities they have that are similiar to goregrind bands. I mainly believe they fit into the genre because of the riffing style, which is the very simple, super fast metal and punk influenced riffage that goregrind is known for. As for having to many riffs and being too long, well, maybe you're correct on that count. At least THAT was a mature argument, other then "HAHAHAH I laugh at you because you have no clue what you are talking about".
Old 2006-10-27, 14:23
The Man Who Is, MGI.

I fucked my ex to Morticians Reanimated Dead Flesh Album once.

And Romeprops CD's.