Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2006-11-03, 13:34
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
Why is Holland so cool?

it was on a very liberal program about sex. they went on a quest for true sex, drugs and rock n roll in the dutch music scene. They ended up with Rompeprop playing gore and sniffing jaegermeister

Old 2006-11-03, 18:03
MeTal 805
Senior Metalhead

wth is jaegermeister???

Old 2006-11-03, 18:50
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal Carcass
I wasn't being sarcastic. Any difference between Gore Metal, Brutal Death Metal, and Deathgrind is way too small to make any substantial difference. Basicly, they're gore metal.

+1.

When you look at adverts for albums of it, they just throw some faux pas genre names at it. It's quite amusing actually. Sick, technical, brutal, death and grind are common. It makes the genre look like it's for Neanderthals, and that it is. And I get why CC above calls it gore metal. Originality and musicality are disappearing down the drain, at least for death metal, where it began with the greatest of those things in the entire metal genre, and beyond.

Three bands have my respect from this... 'area':
Aeon
Insision
Prostitiute Disfigurement
Gorgasm (maybe)

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-11-03, 20:34
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Three bands have my respect from this... 'area':
Aeon
Insision
Prostitiute Disfigurement
Gorgasm (maybe)
Aeon!!! Fuck yeah! They have lyrical themes comparible to Deicide in their..... "explicitness" (ha).They only have one album out right? I only have "Breeding The False."
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-11-03, 23:13
Cannibal Carcass
Metalhead

Quote:
Originality and musicality are disappearing down the drain, at least for death metal, where it began with the greatest of those things in the entire metal genre, and beyond.

I disagree. There are lots of great new bands left and right! Especially some of the Unique Leader and Relapse bands. Unless you're talking about goregrind/brutal death metal, where you're partly right.

Old 2006-11-04, 04:49
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Face it. Metal these days is a competition. It's no longer about doing something you love or even writting songs. It's about trying to outplay the next guy in speed and technicality and release album after album of souless showing off with no emotion. I feel listening to bands these days is no different than listening to a computer play. Death Metal and Grind are no longer throbbing, pouding dark trains of power they are just a machine gun played over a scalar exercise. Hyperblasts have reached a point where they've lost aggressiveness, the prime characteristic of the blast beat. There are no riffs remaining as now it's focussed on technicality and drumming techniques. Death Metal was music for people but now it's just math for robots. I miss when metal music that had character and humanity.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-11-04, 04:56
Cannibal Carcass
Metalhead

Well, if tech deth is math for robots... then I'm a one fucking nerdy robot.

Old 2006-11-04, 05:16
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Aeon!!! Fuck yeah! They have lyrical themes comparible to Deicide in their..... "explicitness" (ha).They only have one album out right? I only have "Breeding The False."

hahah what are you, asian? its bleeding

they have an EP out as well

Old 2006-11-04, 07:35
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
Face it. Metal these days is a competition. It's no longer about doing something you love or even writting songs. It's about trying to outplay the next guy in speed and technicality and release album after album of souless showing off with no emotion. I feel listening to bands these days is no different than listening to a computer play. Death Metal and Grind are no longer throbbing, pouding dark trains of power they are just a machine gun played over a scalar exercise. Hyperblasts have reached a point where they've lost aggressiveness, the prime characteristic of the blast beat. There are no riffs remaining as now it's focussed on technicality and drumming techniques. Death Metal was music for people but now it's just math for robots. I miss when metal music that had character and humanity.

All the bands that compete for speed are brutal deathmetal.
In my mind, I throw away bands that compete for speed.
Therefore, I throw away all (ok most) brutal deathmetal bands.

BDM (and tech death) are the only bands in competition over dumb ass things such as speed and complexity.

Goregrind (and grind and doom) all keep it really simple. There is no competition, they all just kind of do what they want to do.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-11-04, 13:19
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Your all asian.