Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2006-10-16, 16:48
HES BAAACK

hahha, NOTHING beats the hubbub gorgoroth caused in poland
Old 2006-10-16, 18:45
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
In any case, I ate goat meat a few days ago. Goats get slaughtered every day. If you really believe that people should be slaughtered instead, put your money where your mouth is and find a way to kill a couple thousand people at one go, since you're certainly not going to get more than one chance if any of the people are white. Good luck.

They didn't eat the goat. They dumped it's head in a church and wasted it's carcass. Goats get slaughtered, yes, but in the civilised country of Australialand there are regulations on how to slaughter animals in the most humane manner possible, while these guys just straight out lopped off it's head. It's natural to kill things to eat them, but painfully ending the life of an animal to perform a shock prank is unnaceptable.

As for my belief on killing humans - it's either none or everyone. I don't want to explain my beliefs on this forum because:

1. They'd bore a lot of people and waste space
2. When I did so on a different, much smaller metal forum I got a bunch of black metal people adding me on MSN to talk about OMG SUICIDE MISANTHROPY NSBM SATANISM OCCULT LAWL!
3. They're rather personal

Either way, goats are kick ass animals. Goat milk is an acquired taste but it's great after you get over the smell of goat. Goats have awesome eyes. I also once got headbutted by a juvenile goat because I befriended it by feeding it and then ran out of treats. It taught me a good lesson.
Old 2006-10-16, 18:51
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I had slaughtered salmon with pepper sauce Friday night for dinner and it was delicious!

.......you sick fuck!

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Old 2006-10-16, 19:54
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Maybe it's mean to kill a goat for no reason, but you have to admit, killing anything in the name of Morbid Angel is pretty boss. Every time I eat, shit, fuck, and floss I do it in the name of Morbid Angel. In fact, I think I'm gonna need to go take an Azagthoth right now...

Dude, Chris. *bows down*
Old 2006-10-16, 20:16
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
the civilised country of Australia

This proves that criminals can be civil as well.

I disagree with the goat slaying, more or less because it gives metal a bad name.

But where would metal be without the band name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2006-10-16, 20:42
Post-whore

lol, faggot satanics. i bet they told the police they were killing the impaled frostbitten moongoat of the winter mourn. that or something equally gay.
Old 2006-10-16, 20:52
Post-whore

I tend to agree with Blood Red Bass. Although I think these guys are goofs. Like I don't see anything wrong with using an animal's dead carcass for entertainment (I.e. Deicide, Mayhem ect) but killing it on stage would be just stupid.

Plus Morbid Angel isn't satanic. So these guys are stupid either way. HAHAHA

Truer words were never spoken.
Old 2006-10-17, 04:00
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
Read it right, it was a suspected satanic thing, and the media jumped all over it in their uneducated frenzy of sensationalism.
Old 2006-10-17, 06:02
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Too bad one of them didn't have a Tommy Dorsey shirt on instead of MA.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-10-17, 06:48
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Hey, don't let the impracticality of one Australian girl killing the entire human population get you down. There's always a chance you'll pull it off.

In any case, you missed my point. And you're kidding yourself if you're willing to accept the humane slaughter of an animal whose slaughter you otherwise find barbaric. Or if you think that in any civilized country with freedom of religion there aren't goats slaughtered in a way that'd get your panties bunched every day. The fact, unfortunate or not, is that goats have as their lot in life getting slaughtered, and the fact that their milk and their cheese are both very good will avail them nothing. Look at cows.
Old 2006-10-17, 07:34
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I'd be more concerned about American Indians of certain tribes bleeding puppies for worship rituals. I know they're in Oklahoma, but I don't remember which one it is. An older friend lived there and she said a couple of opposing tribes worked together and that was one of the insults that was used against one tribe.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-10-17, 09:44
Post-whore

You're making a lot of blanket statements there PST 88. So you're smarter than 99.9% of the fora users. Good for you. So there are goats being slaughtered in other parts of the world. It doesn't make that particular incident any more acceptable. The end justifies the means, and when goats are slaughtered to be eaten, their carcass is not wasted for fun. Causing an animal needless pain is fucking vile, and fucking vile in every case. Ofcourse there is always the minnimal ammount of suffering, but that can't be helped.
Old 2006-10-17, 10:32
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Not making a lot of blanket statements (or for that matter claiming that I'm smart; you'll very rarely see me make that claim). I'm actually not the one making statements about how an entire species (more than one) should be treated, though somebody's been doing that in this thread.

My point was this: decide that this is something you want to do something about and shut up and do it, or get accustomed to the fact that some shit goes on in the world that you don't like but you're not willing to do anything about, and just shut up. Saying inane shit like 'the goat didn't deserve this' on the internet, if you really believe that something unjust or terrible happened, is like making Schindler's List. Now, I assumed you didn't really care because you posted the empty platitude, and treated your display of concern with the respect you've so far shown it to merit.

Did you know Descartes would kick pregnant goats in their stomachs to demonstrate his claim that animals have no souls?

I have to wonder, by the way, if you'd be happier if they ate the goat now. Or if they'd eaten some part of it right after killing it.
Old 2006-10-17, 10:50
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
We listen to metal. I thought pain and suffering brought upon others was a good thing.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:08
Post-whore

there is entirely another factor in this and there is a reason why there is laws prohibiting the torture and mistreatment, killing of animal <for something other than a food source or use of the skin>.

what we are talking here is the enjoyment, the pleasure, taken in torment/killing of an animal for such a purpose as this. such a thing can become or is a pathological trend of a disturbed mind. the cruel treatment of animals or pleasure killing<funny how this never applies to trophy hunting, but then again it really applies to cases of physical violence on an animal, like slitting its throat and watching the death for the hell of it>can grow if not intervened upon to cross the boundry into human murder and such. this is a common trait of people who are sociopaths.

the weird thing is that this was not an act done by high school kids. the dudes were like 27 and 25 yrs old. so i think it is a definite flag and they should determine if there is a history......which i bet there is...of this sort of thing.

so i can see the outrage about it, especially the fact that its compounded by the death metal/satanic sensationalism.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:17
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There's outrage whenever somebody kills an animal and people hear about it. Last year there was all sorts of outrage because a shot in the film Cache included a headless chicken running around and people couldn't deal with it. The fact that the chicken was a farm chicken that would have had its head cut off in exactly the manner shown anyway, and probably went on to be used as it would have been, seemed to have escaped people. We don't want to know and we get pissy when we find out. It's an easy topic to make some noise about, so people keep making noise. Lots of sound and fury; a corresponding amount of nothing.

Good point on the disturbed mind thing. It's not really a clear indicator, though; though most serial killers are known to have killed or tortured animals as children, a lot of children who killed or tortured animals grew up to be normal. I don't know what it means when an adult does it, except that he's a stupid shit who'll get punished for his stupidity, and will probably have flags on his records for the reasons you gave.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:39
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
There's outrage whenever somebody kills an animal and people hear about it. Last year there was all sorts of outrage because a shot in the film Cache included a headless chicken running around and people couldn't deal with it. The fact that the chicken was a farm chicken that would have had its head cut off in exactly the manner shown anyway, and probably went on to be used as it would have been, seemed to have escaped people. We don't want to know and we get pissy when we find out. It's an easy topic to make some noise about, so people keep making noise. Lots of sound and fury; a corresponding amount of nothing.
Is that the movie that made all other movies say that disclaimer at the end? "no animals were harmed or killed in the making of this film" It seems like that is something they are required to do, and it had to stem from some uproar about an actual animal killing filmed on tv. Just not sure which movie it was from...
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-10-17, 13:38
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:

My point was this: decide that this is something you want to do something about and shut up and do it, or get accustomed to the fact that some shit goes on in the world that you don't like but you're not willing to do anything about, and just shut up. Saying inane shit like 'the goat didn't deserve this' on the internet, if you really believe that something unjust or terrible happened, is like making Schindler's List.

hmm, she never said she wanted to do anything about it. in fact, her exact words were "I'd rather it be done to people", in which case it would, obviously, be done by other people (like the goat situation), and not necessarily herself. id probably have to agree, considering it would be people i have absolutely no concern for. i mean, goats arnt part of the crowd that makes me late to school, make the computer viruses i fear, or any other random inconveniences.

as for "the goat didnt deserve this", well... it didnt, and neither does any other creature, in this respect. comments like that are only "inane" if you dont agree with them.

as for my solitary opinion on this whole incident, im more focused on why people do things like this in public... to be caught??? they could have just done it at their house, and not get prosecuted for things they know are illegal.
Old 2006-10-17, 14:37
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

If you read me carefully, it doesn't matter if she ever said she was going to do anything about it, or even wanted to. Pretty much all I said was that talk is cheap and strong opinions are easy to hold on the internet sealed off from the actions that would ground them, and for that reason worthless.

I agree with the comment. The only way to disagree with it would be make an argument along the lines of 'goats are traditionally sacrificial animals and, as such, deserve to be sacrificed,' which stinks of bullshit, and which, more importantly, I'm not willing to believe in despite its obvious sophistry (you have to make choices in life). It's hard to conceive of a way in which an animal incapable of moral action could possibly 'deserve' to be killed in the sense that the word's usually used. The goat didn't deserve to have its head cut of, any more than it would have deserved to be eaten by some Greek or deserved to have its milk made into cheese that goes on a pizza at some fancy wood-fired pizza place.

What makes the statement inane is that it's completely hollow. It's hollow twice over. First because it lacks meaning generally, for the reasons I just gave (anything that can't act morally can't, hence in all cases doesn't, deserve punishment), and second because it lacks meaning specifically, since it's being said to give the appearance of caring but unaccompanied by the action of caring. It's silly. It's hollow. It's pointless. It's inane. And so I made fun of it. For those interested, this has been a quick seminar in 'How PST 88 Thinks and How These Thoughts Relate to His Comments.' Hope you've enjoyed the show.

Last: I do have to question if you had concern for this particular goat, based on your being fine with the slaughter of people for whom you 'have no concern.' I don't think you do, but let me know.
Old 2006-10-17, 15:06
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
this particular goat? no. i guess what i was trying to say is that i care more about the existence of goats, and other animals in general, than i do about people who only cause me inconveniences. in other words, i dont give a damn about most people, and i value the life of animals more than the scum im confronted with every day (people).