MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-10-11, 18:44
deli_creep
New Blood

Dime Razorback

I played one of those Dean razorbacks today. They have kickass tone, which will melt your face off. I didn't much dig the neck though, it was a really hard V shape which made it pretty hard to do any kind of lead. I also noticed that the trem kind of sucks. After playing it for about 10 minutes it went out of tune pretty bad, at which point i tuned it and then within the next 10 minutes it was out of tune again. Kind of stupid. The finish on the one i played was kind of stupid looking too. I definitely want those pickups though.

Here's a picture for ya:

http://www.deanguitars.com/Dean05/dime/shards.htm

anyone else have any thoughts about this guitar?

More and Faster

Old 2006-10-11, 18:55
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I like the looks of the Razorback Rust, Explosion and Two tone. I dont care much for the graphics on it in the link you posted. I would like to own the Razorback rust one day since it looks so cool. The only thing is that i would want to upgrade is the trem to an original floyd and change pickups to the config that i like (maybe). The only thing i dont think i'll like is the v shaped neck profile, it just sounds awkward(sp?) to me. But before i buy one, i would definitely like to demo it out first.

Old 2006-10-11, 20:12
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I dont' like the sharp ends on the new dime sig models. I like rounded Dean ML models. I'd love to have the one with the relistic flames or the flame top Brazilliaburst model. Although, I've never played one.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2006-10-12, 13:34
*insert name here*
Jono

I love Razorbacks. Dime cut the shape out on a piece of styrofoam, and sent it to Dean guitars. This was just before his death, and Dean made a prototype all ready for him to see for the first time, but Dime never got a chance to play it.
I think they look badass, I like the graphic with the rebel flag.

Old 2006-10-12, 15:52
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli_creep
I played one of those Dean razorbacks today. They have kickass tone, which will melt your face off. I didn't much dig the neck though, it was a really hard V shape which made it pretty hard to do any kind of lead. I also noticed that the trem kind of sucks. After playing it for about 10 minutes it went out of tune pretty bad, at which point i tuned it and then within the next 10 minutes it was out of tune again. Kind of stupid. The finish on the one i played was kind of stupid looking too. I definitely want those pickups though.

Here's a picture for ya:

http://www.deanguitars.com/Dean05/dime/shards.htm

anyone else have any thoughts about this guitar?
so was there a original floyd rose on the guitar or a licensed?? also if the strings were new and not stretched no wonder it went out of tune within 10 minutes.

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-12, 18:20
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
so was there a original floyd rose on the guitar or a licensed?? also if the strings were new and not stretched no wonder it went out of tune within 10 minutes.

Their all licensed.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2006-10-12, 18:22
k13m
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
Their all licensed.
no wonder then

< no wonder hes mad!!

Old 2006-10-12, 23:13
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Why do liscenced floyds go out of tune?

Old 2006-10-13, 00:50
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f

Not all do. I can rape the shit out my liscenced floyd on my Warlock and it still stays in C# standard.

I'm not a fan of the Razorback Dime. I prefer the Razorback V.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-10-13, 02:43
deli_creep
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f

Generally it's because the materials/construction aren't as good as an original floyd. An original floyd is actually made by the floyd rose company, whereas a licensed one is made by a manufacturer who licenses the design. The materials those manufacturers use aren't necessarily as good as what is used in an original floyd.

It seems like the design and workmanship on dean guitars is always somewhat sloppy. If ESP had made that guitar it would have been a thousand times better.

More and Faster

Old 2006-10-13, 11:37
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I played on a Dean From Hell, and I can't understand why a guitar made in China with a licenced trem costs so much. Aside from the pickups it sucked.

Old 2006-10-13, 18:36
rapeandruin
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
I like the looks of the Razorback Rust, Explosion and Two tone. I dont care much for the graphics on it in the link you posted. I would like to own the Razorback rust one day since it looks so cool. The only thing is that i would want to upgrade is the trem to an original floyd and change pickups to the config that i like (maybe). The only thing i dont think i'll like is the v shaped neck profile, it just sounds awkward(sp?) to me. But before i buy one, i would definitely like to demo it out first.

I have a guitar with a v shaped neck...they are a little awkward at first but after a bit of time they feel really good. I don't know if I'd take one over my jackson neck though...but it isn't to bad.

Old 2006-10-13, 20:58
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
I played on a Dean From Hell, and I can't understand why a guitar made in China with a licenced trem costs so much. Aside from the pickups it sucked.

Because of Dime's name?

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2006-10-13, 22:48
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
Because of Dime's name?

Yeah... to be honest I think it's a bit shit how Dean have released so many 'tribute' models, it just looks like blantant cashing in on the guy.

Old 2006-12-03, 03:46
666petthylord666
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli_creep
Generally it's because the materials/construction aren't as good as an original floyd. An original floyd is actually made by the floyd rose company, whereas a licensed one is made by a manufacturer who licenses the design. The materials those manufacturers use aren't necessarily as good as what is used in an original floyd.

It seems like the design and workmanship on dean guitars is always somewhat sloppy. If ESP had made that guitar it would have been a thousand times better.

i like them. i like the razorback with the kickass flames the best. the guitarists of trivium ( matt heafy and corey beaulieu) play with those kickass guitars now. ive never played one but i would like to.

Old 2006-12-03, 05:38
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
Yeah... to be honest I think it's a bit shit how Dean have released so many 'tribute' models, it just looks like blantant cashing in on the guy.
indeed, gay ..but i don't like the ml or the razorback or whatever similar shit dean makes anyway.