Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2006-10-04, 15:06
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Yes on Bungle. FNM is good, but anything other than Angle Dust I'm not too into.

Ouch!

Opeth - Anything after Blackwater Park
The Books - Anything besides Thought for Food is weak
Circle of Dead Children - I use to be into them a lot, but I soon figured out that everything besides Human Harvest is very, very boring.
Dark Tranquility - Everything after Mind's I
Goatwhore - The Eclipse of Ages Into Black (Although I have a feeling this album may sink in.)
In Flames - Jester Race is the only album that I really like.
Leng Tch'e - The Process of Elimination (They improved on the vocals, but lost some great riffage)
Minus - Whatever album is after Jesus Christ Bobby
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure. I just can't get into this album.
Suffocation - Souls to Deny, Suffocation, Breeding the Spawn

Theres lots more, but this is what I can come up with ontop of my head.

I agree about the Suffocation and most of the others.

Also, all of Odious MOrtem was hella boring.
Aborted after Goremageddon.
Aeons new stuff.
and Throwdowns new Vendetta wanna be pantera bullshit.
and Lamb Of GOd's new shit.
Old 2006-10-04, 16:23
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
Lost and FOund was a great album, tkes getting used to tho.

I still liked it too, but I think they sounded better on LD 50 and the Beginning of All Things To End.

I think what turned me off mostly was, along with less bass, was how much more double bass drumming MAtt included that he didn't have as much of in the other albums. I just always saw him as someone who actually didn't really need double bass that much to sound good.

I don't know. I might be sounding crazy because I just took 2 or 3 decongestants and am really thirsty.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-10-04, 17:14
Post-whore

Mudvayne sucked after their first self titled album
Old 2006-10-04, 17:26
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Mudvayne sucked after their first self titled album

their 2nd and 3rd cd were good man.
Old 2006-10-04, 17:28
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Someone needs to change their avatar before this argument gets way more confusing.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-10-04, 18:56
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Faith No More were fine before Patton, true, but when he started writing songs (starting with Angel Dust, since he only wrote lyrics on The Real Thing) and got more creative control they really took off for me. Which is more or less exactly what you (Ludd) said. But I can get sick of FNM, which isn't true of Bungle. Mr. Bungle just flat-out rules, though.

Some bands don't really have bad periods, but rather you find out that what seemed like an exploratory and interesting band just has a differently shaped cookie cutter. A lot of Swedish bands have this problem.
Old 2006-10-04, 18:59
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Someone needs to change their avatar before this argument gets way more confusing.

Old 2006-10-04, 20:16
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
WTF does your avatar say?

I'd have to say Pantera. They really went downhill after Power Metal.

Juuuust kidding bitches.
Old 2006-10-05, 16:42
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Faith No More were fine before Patton, true, but when he started writing songs (starting with Angel Dust, since he only wrote lyrics on The Real Thing) and got more creative control they really took off for me. Which is more or less exactly what you (Ludd) said. But I can get sick of FNM, which isn't true of Bungle. Mr. Bungle just flat-out rules, though.

Why do we agree so completely in this thread and act like such cunts towards each other in the other thread? (Though in reality we probably agree with each other in the other thread too.)
Old 2006-10-05, 22:43
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by travI56669
I'd have to say Pantera. They really went downhill after Power Metal...

its funny, i know people that will SERIOUSLY agree with that said statement. its nauseating
Old 2006-10-06, 07:19
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by travI56669
WTF does your avatar say?

korpiklaani
Old 2006-10-06, 12:50
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
The Great Southern Trendkill rules. Pantera sticking their head outside the box and introducing a generation of metalheads to their first hints of extreme or otherwise unusual metal.

Trendkill has it's moments. The title track is awesome, both Suicide Notes and Floods are all very good, the rest ranges from decent to downright boring.

As for stuff I hate by bands I love, well, I laugh hysterically everytime I remind myself how bad Emperor's first album is. Then I listen to the other albums in order and notice how much they improve every album, from In the Nightside Eclipse being good to IX Equilibrium and Prometheus being downright fucking BRILLIANT.

Someone else mentioned Fates Warning- I have to admit I don't get into anything past No Exit, but I also have to admit I haven't tried very hard to give it a shot.

I HATE new Destruction like cancer.
Old 2006-10-06, 13:34
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Trendkill has it's moments. The title track is awesome, both Suicide Notes and Floods are all very good, the rest ranges from decent to downright boring.

Jesus, The Great Southern Trendkill blew me away and still does. I am surprised to see that people feel this way. Whether it is their best release is one thing, but it definitley has the most dynamics of anything they've put out.

Quote:
As for stuff I hate by bands I love, well, I laugh hysterically everytime I remind myself how bad Emperor's first album is. Then I listen to the other albums in order and notice how much they improve every album, from In the Nightside Eclipse being good to IX Equilibrium and Prometheus being downright fucking BRILLIANT.

So do you think Nightside Eclipse is good or bad? I love it, and it has a few of my favorite Emperor tracks (Cosmic Keys, Black Wizards, Inno A Satana). Emperor's new stuff is good, but I prefer the older releases.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2006-10-06 at 13:36.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:49
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

We agree in this thread and not the other one because the subjects are different and somebody's taste in music isn't a first domino dictating what the rest of his opinions will be. We ultimately agree in the other thread, but I think your approach is stabbing shadows.

I'm pretty sure Chris meant Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk the second time through.

To me, Prometheus towers over everything else Emperor has done. Very few bands have conceived of something as ambitious, let alone executed it. The earlier stuff has more heat, but the real fireworks are there.
Old 2006-10-07, 12:57
Noob lud

In Flames has been in a constant downslope since their current drummer joined.

Opeth- After Blackwater Park I have to agree with. The last 3 albums just sound weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2006-10-08, 06:05
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:

That's quite interesting, you're saying that you enjoyed the albums more and more in chronological order. I'm sure every band would want to hear that.

For me, Anthems to the Welkin At Dusk is their finest. On my journey into metal ITNE was one of the albums I picked up. I fucking loved it, especially Inno A Satana and I Am The Black Wizards. I listen to those songs now, and I don't feel the connection I had before. Damn. I haven't listened to the other albums so much as to give an opinon, I should. I fucking still love Anthems like I did before. Goddamn.
Old 2007-01-24, 03:23
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Send a message via AIM to northerndarkness
Good thread.

Mayhem was bad on their demo cuz it was terribly produced and just sucked. After that they were great. De Mysteriis would have been an album I could listen all day to if Dead didn't fuck us over and die before it was recorded. Then we got stuck with Attila's "on the shitter" vocal style. Their new stuff is cracked out but isn't painful to listen to. Maniac was always drunk live though. Now Maniac left and it's back to the can for Mayhem.

Limbonic Art was good till they decided to execute most of the keyboards for their boring guitar riffs which are only good when accompanied by snyth. Ad Noctum sounded all the same and turned boring after a while. The Untimate Death Worship wasn't bad. THe vocals seemed to get better, but then they killed Limbonic Art and both their new bands suck.

Dimmu Borgir angered me when their original keyboardist left. I refused to listen to their new shit, but after a while it grew on me and didn't bother me anymore and I don't care. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia was too damn techno-industrial. Listen to Puritania and you will know what I mean. And I hate when they replaced normal keyboards with orchestra. That makes it suck.

Dark Funeral disappointed me with Attera Totus Sanctus because it sounded all the same. Final Ritual is a good song, but nothing else stood out.

Naglfar doesn't have Jens Ryden anymore. Their new singer sucks and doesn't have long hair to swish around live. After Sheol, Naglfar is dead.

Cradle of Filth is definately not one of my favs, but I could tolerate most of it up to Midian. Now they just suck so bad, I'm sad that they were once called black metal.

Emperor was always good, just lacked the old essence of how they helped invent Norwegian Black Metal in the end. The newer stuff made me shake my head and ask, why?

Burzum would have always been one of my favorites if Varg hadn't been put in jail. The instrumental stuff wasn't what I was looking for, and eventually it made Varg not like metal anymore
Old 2007-01-24, 11:06
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via Yahoo to belphegor79
Ulver. Not that their post-BM stuff is really bad, it just needs to go by a different moniker. Same can go for the last Dissection (laugh all you want, I enjoy it alot), any Samael after Exodus, and newer Katatonia. I still like what these bands are doing, but they are so different in sound that I don't think it's even right to keep the same name.

Tiamat
Amorphis as well
Old 2007-01-24, 14:53
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndarkness
Burzum would have always been one of my favorites if Varg hadn't been put in jail. The instrumental stuff wasn't what I was looking for, and eventually it made Varg not like metal anymore

He once said in an interview "guitars are for niggers." I laughed, he's nuts.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2007-01-24, 15:36
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
He once said in an interview "guitars are for niggers." I laughed, he's nuts.

hendrix probably in his grave saying I TOLD Y'ALL