MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2006-09-24, 00:52
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Peavey Bandit question

Today I was at the place where I get my guitar strings/picks/stuff and my mom wanted to go run some errands so I stayed at the store and tried out the Peavey Bandit 112 that they have. I liked it, so now I'm considering buying one. Somewhere else on the board people have mentioned their being old versions and newer versions of it. Can anybody clear up what is what? Also, how much variety in tone can you get out of one of these? Would one be good for anything varying from Black Sabbath to Children Of Bodom?

Old 2006-09-24, 01:25
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Well, I have the new version, and i've seen pictures of the old versions and shit.

If I can recall correctly, I believe the speaker is of a different brand, and there are more effects on the new one. There are also more inputs in the back of the amp, the old version has some of them, but not all of them.

From these features you can see it is versatile. The sound, also, is very versatile. Well dude, you tried one, so you should've heard whether it's good for those bands. I'm not a bg fan of those bands, but it does everything I need. What more do you want for $600AU?

Old 2006-09-24, 02:18
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Apparently there's also a Bandit 112S and 112 II. Any idea what makes them different? The store doesn't have them so it isn't like I could try all 3 versions, either.

Old 2006-09-24, 04:19
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Well, I have the new version, and i've seen pictures of the old versions and shit.

If I can recall correctly, I believe the speaker is of a different brand, and there are more effects on the new one. There are also more inputs in the back of the amp, the old version has some of them, but not all of them.

From these features you can see it is versatile. The sound, also, is very versatile. Well dude, you tried one, so you should've heard whether it's good for those bands. I'm not a bg fan of those bands, but it does everything I need. What more do you want for $600AU?

A second hand tube combo, feg.

Old 2006-09-24, 07:13
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
A second hand tube combo, feg.

huh? I bought it new. . .

I imagine there would be very little difference between the models.

and btw, its called "transtube" but it has no tubes, it is SS