MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2006-09-21, 18:46
Auyard Auyard is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
Help Quick please

ive lurked these forums for a while now and can usually find answers to any questions i have but now ive got a question i can't find an answer to

im looking to buy a crate blue voodoo bv-120h from ebay and i came across an avatar g212h cab with vintage celestion 30's: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=110035002543

it says its for 120watts which is exactly what the head puts out for 8ohm so what i need to know is are the head and cab compatable? i really have no idea having no prior experience with heads and cabs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-09-21, 18:59
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
It will work fine. Normally you should have double the wattage, but that car/home stereo talk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-09-21, 19:08
Auyard Auyard is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
ok thanks and the whole 8ohm thing will work with the head and the cab?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-09-21, 21:22
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
I just looked at the crate website. yes the 120 h ead is capable of both 8 and 16 ohm outputs. It should be good to go. Get it. (if you want it)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-09-22, 16:05
Auyard Auyard is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
thanks, mom said no so i have to wait, but they appear on ebay often enough
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-09-22, 22:54
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
hahah!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-09-22, 22:57
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
haha wow....

Even at 15 my parents weren't telling me no for an ebay auction
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-09-24, 08:04
Auyard Auyard is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
she said if i wait she'll help me buy it which she's never offered so i'll wait
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-09-24, 10:20
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auyard
she said if i wait she'll help me buy it which she's never offered so i'll wait


wow! Fucking wait then haha. My parents would rather all of my shit catch on fire and burn than help me buy anything. My mom said she would buy me this Martin acoustic i wanted... a fucking acoustic right since i dont' have a single acoustic guitar and i'm not willing to spend the money to get one because i have way too many other purchases to make.. But anyways She said she would put it on layaway while iw as gone at bootcamp and when i got back (from dec to march) i would have it.

Low and behold she told my dad and he was like i'm not going to finance your bullshit. Blah blah blah. Long story short i came back pretty sad. Next year i asked for the same thing and got completely blown off haha. The only thing my parents bought me for music was my first strat and crate practice amp. Oh yeah a a humbucker to put in it. they probably decided that was a huge mistake and decided never to finance my kickassness again....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-09-24, 17:04
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
wow! Fucking wait then haha. My parents would rather all of my shit catch on fire and burn than help me buy anything. My mom said she would buy me this Martin acoustic i wanted... a fucking acoustic right since i dont' have a single acoustic guitar and i'm not willing to spend the money to get one because i have way too many other purchases to make.. But anyways She said she would put it on layaway while iw as gone at bootcamp and when i got back (from dec to march) i would have it.

Low and behold she told my dad and he was like i'm not going to finance your bullshit. Blah blah blah. Long story short i came back pretty sad. Next year i asked for the same thing and got completely blown off haha. The only thing my parents bought me for music was my first strat and crate practice amp. Oh yeah a a humbucker to put in it. they probably decided that was a huge mistake and decided never to finance my kickassness again....

Same here, except my parents like that I have a passion for something, as opposed to getting wasted every night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2006-09-25, 20:57
Auyard Auyard is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
wow! Fucking wait then haha. My parents would rather all of my shit catch on fire and burn than help me buy anything. My mom said she would buy me this Martin acoustic i wanted... a fucking acoustic right since i dont' have a single acoustic guitar and i'm not willing to spend the money to get one because i have way too many other purchases to make.. But anyways She said she would put it on layaway while iw as gone at bootcamp and when i got back (from dec to march) i would have it.

Low and behold she told my dad and he was like i'm not going to finance your bullshit. Blah blah blah. Long story short i came back pretty sad. Next year i asked for the same thing and got completely blown off haha. The only thing my parents bought me for music was my first strat and crate practice amp. Oh yeah a a humbucker to put in it. they probably decided that was a huge mistake and decided never to finance my kickassness again....


yea dude that sucks, my mom won't even give me spare change for picks, they bought my brother a guitar and he quit like 6 months later, maybe my parents will mean it
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2006-09-25, 21:17
deanguitars's Avatar
deanguitars deanguitars is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auyard
thanks, mom said no so i have to wait, but they appear on ebay often enough

my mom does that too. i saw a triple recto for like 800(us) and she said no because we might get ripped off.fuck, i would be ripping him off,mutha fucka had a 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2006-09-25, 22:02
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanguitars
my mom does that too. i saw a triple recto for like 800(us) and she said no because we might get ripped off.fuck, i would be ripping him off,mutha fucka had a 100%.


I'm only going to quickly touch on this one. I'm sure many others on here can testify for ebay. I've spent.. 10s of thousands of dollars on ebay.. you read that right.. 10+ thousand dollars on ebaywith music gear. haha. Getting ripped off is easily fixed through paypal. I had to do it once, ended up the guy had family problems or something, so i gave him BACK my money and i got my pa gear.

The people that rip off others you can easily tell. Like you'll see rediculously too low prices. Like i saw some auction person selling like 10 roland td-20 sets each for like 1000 bucks. Same pictures in each auction.

Come on... If you know anythign about that drum set its like 5 grand. And its a hot item. Thats usually when people rip others off, extremely hot items.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.