MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2006-09-20, 18:36
pathos45
New Blood

ESP/LTD Ec-500

I was woundering if anyone had a chance to play one of these. It's the same model as the 30th anniversy ec from last year. I'm just woundering how it plays and such. Because local dealer around here is getting one in but i was just asking for some imput. Right now im using a Ibanez RG321 and i play a range of metal.

Old 2006-09-20, 19:53
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I havent tried the anniversary series, but I did try out the EC-400 with a pair of EMGs. I normally use jumbo or vintage frets so I didnt like the feel of the XJ frets. The neck will be thicker than your Ibanez though. The EMGs sounded tight, but I normally prefer an X2N in the bridge. When the dealer gets one, go the store and try it and see for yourself.

Old 2006-09-20, 21:24
pathos45
New Blood

alright thanks man.

Old 2006-09-21, 20:22
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

No problem

Old 2006-10-05, 19:20
BEYONDtheEMBRACE
New Blood

I used to have an aniversary Ec-2005 I didnt like it at all.....It played pretty well, however the flat black finish scratched WAY to easy compared to an ESP Eclipse flat black. Also the Ebony board was in terrible condition...looked like it had been played for years....looked like you could scratch the wood off with your nail. I sent it back and picked up an EC-1000 (old style not vintage black) And i love it, its my most played guitar!

I would say save up and get an EC-1000 or an Eclipse. Much better quality

Old 2006-10-05, 19:48
the_bleeding
Post-whore

i played one... hated it. First, the neck was gross and thick... like... thicker than a gibson, and it wasn't rounded evenly so it was hard to get around. Second, it had XJ frets, bending was hard to keep accurate, and if you were playing fast, its hard to keep the notes in tune because if you push too hard it goes out, half of that problem was because it came stringed with 9's... and i'm used to 10's and 12s... i find it dumb to put trem strings on fixed bridge guitars. Sustain was shit. straight up shit. I couldnt hear it at all played dry, which could be a number of things, including bad wood, bad neck joint, bad balance... wasnt sure, all i know is it was crap, another thing, it buzzed, but that might be the 9 gauge strings again.
And ontop of this, it was HEAVY, even if it was a nice guitar, i wouldnt play it because i would end up with chronic back problems and a chiropractor (sp?) for a best friend.

But hey, that might have been a dud, i know lots of companies make duds... epiphone is a great example. Go play one and see what YOU think, and if you like it, hell buy it, its your guitar, your playing style. Get what suits you.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!