Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
they should get that chopper dude to replace him

edit:this fucking guy! i know its a comedy impersonation, but that dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OkP3l7AMJs&NR

Ronnie Johns half hour is the show the Chopper Reed segment airs on. It is fucking gold I have no idea why it gets the dead 9 pm Thrusday shift.

I saw on the news some guy who had been stung by the same species of sting ray, and was lucky enough to survive.. photo's from a while back during hospitalization were shown... HE HAD A FUCKING HOLE IN HIS LEG!
Old 2006-09-05, 03:19
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Hez
This is how i will remember Steve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEVUxyxBJc

Old 2006-09-05, 03:21
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
you should just make that your signature already. you end a shitload of your posts like that anyway.

hahaha +1
she really needs new material

im suprised im not suspended yet, she has some of the mods bent over a barrel
Old 2006-09-05, 03:32
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
im suprised im not suspended yet, she has some of the mods bent over a barrel

Maybe because you singled her out for special treatment when others were also "not paying homage" to an irresponsible cunt?

The difference between this guy and Dimebag is that Dimebag never paraded his kid 6 feet from a crocodile and implored the scaly bastard to take a bite. Michael Jackson hangs his kid over a balcony and gets pilloried while this guy just gets the, "Oh, it's that madcap Steve Irmin again!" bullshit.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2006-09-05, 03:56
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Wow .. I just found out that where I scuba dived 4 years ago.. Low Isle, just off the Great Barrier reef, is the same place as where Irwin died... Wow, my parents have postcards, photos and all.. *shock horror*
Old 2006-09-05, 05:23
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Maybe because you singled her out for special treatment when others were also "not paying homage" to an irresponsible cunt?

The difference between this guy and Dimebag is that Dimebag never paraded his kid 6 feet from a crocodile and implored the scaly bastard to take a bite. Michael Jackson hangs his kid over a balcony and gets pilloried while this guy just gets the, "Oh, it's that madcap Steve Irmin again!" bullshit.

well regardless of your feelings, you should still have respect for the dead...but i guess your too necro to do that.

your quick to ignore all the good things hes done just because of a few foolish things he did.
Old 2006-09-05, 05:58
Post-whore

surprised he lasted this longer.
Old 2006-09-05, 08:17
Senior Metalhead

RIP. you gotta admire the way this guy lived his life. respect.
Old 2006-09-05, 09:27
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
well regardless of your feelings, you should still have respect for the dead...but i guess your too necro to do that.

Why should I respect somebody in death, who I didn't respect in life? Isn't that hypocritical?

Quote:
your quick to ignore all the good things hes done just because of a few foolish things he did.

What good things? Clearing landmines in Angola? Brokering the ceasefire in the middle east? The guy endangered the life of his own kid so that puts him right at the bottom of my list of people to mourn.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2006-09-05, 10:17
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ThornsOfHeaven200
The incident with him putting his kid in front of a croc wasnt smart at all, but I still like watching him and respect him for the things he has done.
R.I.P. Steve Irwin
Old 2006-09-05, 13:03
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2006-09-05, 13:46
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
What good things? Clearing landmines in Angola? Brokering the ceasefire in the middle east? The guy endangered the life of his own kid so that puts him right at the bottom of my list of people to mourn.

that just shows how ignorant you are! how can you pass judgement on someone if you are not aware of what hes done. how can you say that he has done NOTHING good.
Old 2006-09-05, 14:47
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Shreddist Send a message via MSN to Shreddist Send a message via Yahoo to Shreddist
He was awesome, i remember when he had surgery done on his knee and all he did was have them numb it and watched them do the surgery. He was a great guy, sure he did a few foolish things in his life, but so have the rest of us. I have the utmost respect for him.
R.I.P. Steve
Old 2006-09-05, 15:19
Post-whore

i read somewhere this dude trained wrestling and some from of jujitsu to deal with crocs, thats fucking badass shit.

mansley. the dude spread an interest in wildlife, granted he didnt do it in the best way and made dumb moves for publicity. he doesntt have to be mother teresa to earn respect, to be acknowledged when he died as someone who meant well.
Old 2006-09-05, 18:09
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
The whole nonsense surrounding the "putting his kid in danger" was much ado about nothing. They were in a contained environment and Steve was professional who knew exactly how close he could be without putting his child in danger. You can't make a career out of catching thousands of crocodiles with knowing every single inch of your freedom while dealing with them. It was simply the type of thing that someone in the press said "Holy shit, if we blow this out of proportion it'll be HUGE" like they do with everything regarding celebrities. Fuck, Britney Spears put her baby in more danger than Steve Irwin.

To me, the manner in which he died is incredible. Who the hell gets killed by a stingray? And right in the heart? What are the chances? I think Steve's love for all animals did him in, because it brought him out to animals outside his realm of expertise. He could have worked with crocodilians forever and not have been killed. Shouldn't have given the green light to the sting ray proposal, Steve-O.

However, I'm not as bummed out about it as I would have thought because the guy died doing what he loved. It looks to me as though he lived an awesome life from childhood until his encounter with the sting ray. He got to do what he loved for a living, he made a lot of money, and more importantly, he raised global awareness of wildlife conservation and environmentalism. I wouldn't have minded living his life, even if it meant dying his death. Here's to you, Steve-O!
Old 2006-09-05, 18:18
Senior Metalhead

"Crickey, I was gunta let Jesus into me heart but I got a Stingray barb instead."

Rest In Peace Retarded Australian Show Off Who Got What He Deserved For Fucking Around With Wild Animals
Old 2006-09-05, 18:28
Senior Metalhead

Old 2006-09-05, 18:29
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesadpartofthestory
R.I.P

Will miss Him

He had The Best Show on Animal planet....

Mark O'Shea had the best show on Animal Planet. And the rest of the rest of the planet.

As for Steve dying from a snakebite, yeah, over the years lots of people have spread lots of rumors over the internet. You can generally tell they're morons who didn't know what they were talking about, because their breaking news would look something like- "OMG croc hunTer died tooday he got bit in the eye buy a KING SPITTING KOBRA COMMANDER!"

Also, for the benefit of people who don't already know, snakes nicknamed 2 stepper, 5 stepper, 100 pace snake, or anything putting a time limit on your life are, without exception, asian pit vipers with mild to moderate venom that either A: isn't powerful enough to kill an adult human, or B: would take days to kill a human without the benefit of antivenin and hospital treatment. The only one I can think of that is has any important significance medically is Calloselasma rhodostoma, which does kill some people around Malaysia.
Old 2006-09-05, 18:57
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
the most venomous snakes in the world found in australia. that snake doesn't even make the list on a few sites i've gone through. if its related to a copperhead i doubt its the worst one out there..though i could be mistaken.
http://www.reptileallsorts.com/deadliest-snakes.htm
http://manbir-online.com/htm2/snake.22.htm
the most venomous/deadly would be oxyuranus scutellatus..but there haven't been any recorded deaths. on the flip side.. this snake is only found in arid regions that are not very populated...anyone bit out there..dies out there and it doesn't get reported. i think you'd have to corner it ...or accidentally sneak up on it and scare it to have it strike at you.
Old 2006-09-05, 19:42
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.