MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2006-08-22, 17:47
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
i consider converge "metalcore" but i also consider them just hardcore..or even "post hardcore" if you want...to me it doesn't really matter very much. i love converge (more their pre jane doe stuff) they kick ass..and have more inovation that MOST bands. if you are unable to recognize this..then somethings wrong with you ..or you are lying to yourself haha. you don't have to like them..but to say they are shit is retarded. i used to not like them when i was just into punk rock..i thought it sounded too crazy/random and thus shitty...but later i realized they were much much better than the punk i was listening to at the time heh.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:25
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
i consider converge "metalcore" but i also consider them just hardcore..or even "post hardcore" if you want...to me it doesn't really matter very much. i love converge (more their pre jane doe stuff) they kick ass..and have more inovation that MOST bands. if you are unable to recognize this..then somethings wrong with you ..or you are lying to yourself haha. you don't have to like them..but to say they are shit is retarded. i used to not like them when i was just into punk rock..i thought it sounded too crazy/random and thus shitty...but later i realized they were much much better than the punk i was listening to at the time heh.

That's the same thing I thought about Cannibal Corpse. "Brutaller" music is a taste that you kind of have to develop.

On a lighter note; I HAVE to ask this because it kind of gnaws at me. What is the difference between Metalcore and Hardcore? Aren't they the same thing?

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:25
Life is pain.
Banned

JAne Doe is awesome. I don't mind their emo shit on you fail me either.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:27
Life is pain.
Banned

Requiem and Compelled, please refer to page 2, post 2 of this thread.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:46
Post-whore

not that i hated jane doe...i just prefer forever comes crashing and petitioning the empty sky. favorite song on jane doe has got to be heaven in her arms.

to me, as far as metalcore vs hardcore goes...i see it as a kind of spectrum
punk on one end..metal on the other. punk - hardcore - metal. maybe i see it more this way because i began listening to punk..then more "hardcore punk" then eventually hardcore etc now i listen to all of that crap.

but when someone says metalcore...i just think more on the metal end of hardcore than the punk end. thats why i don't get too wrapped up in all the little names people come up with...because regardless, i just throw it somewhere in my understanding of this kind of music wherever i think it goes.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:48
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
That's the same thing I thought about Cannibal Corpse. "Brutaller" music is a taste that you kind of have to develop.

On a lighter note; I HAVE to ask this because it kind of gnaws at me. What is the difference between Metalcore and Hardcore? Aren't they the same thing?

Metalcore, as it is genearlly reffered to now, has more complex guitar lines(usually related to melodic death guitar parts) than regular hardcore with a "chugging" breakdown thrown in to make the song have a moshworthy climax. the breakdowns almost always are just various synchopated rhythms of the lowest note on the guitar. They are also almost always over a 4/4 beat too. The vocals (in a shouting manner and clean, effiminate singing sporatically thrown in) and these breakdowns are what make up the "core" part of metalcore as it is reffered to now. There is anohter definition of metalcore that i dont know enough about ot describe well. The version I did describe though is what most people talk about when speaking of metalcore and it is generally frowned upon.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-08-22 at 19:50.
Old 2006-08-22, 19:55
Life is pain.
Banned

Dont worry about that post ^

Metalcore = Between The Buried and Me

Hardcore = Terror

Listen and be enwisened.
Old 2006-08-22, 20:12
Post-whore

yeah i should have mentioned that most of what is described as metalcore today is not what the word originally meant. Out of all the genre classifications, metalcore gets thrown around the most and is a really hard genre to accurately pigeonhole.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-08-22, 21:07
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Converge is fucking great stuff. I'm seeing them in September with Mastodon.

Botch is pretty cool, Mansley. A friend let be borrow a CD for a few days and I was impressed (although I've never been huge on that style of vocals). They've got some twisted riffage
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2006-08-22 at 21:09.
Old 2006-08-22, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
yeah i should have mentioned that most of what is described as metalcore today is not what the word originally meant. Out of all the genre classifications, metalcore gets thrown around the most and is a really hard genre to accurately pigeonhole.

Kind of like Nu-Metal.

Dunno if you consider them Metalcore, but I used to be in love with Killswitch Engage. I still like them alot, but I couldn't stop listening to "The End of Heartache." Kind of have that same feeling for Lacuna Coil right now.

BTW, I love those moments in life where you make the absolutely best choice in any decision-making situation. I chose Lacuna Coil's Karmacode over Atreyu's.... whatever album that was with the vampire-like woman on the front (Don't know too much about Atreyu, other than their lead vocalist brings down the energy in the band IMO).

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.
Old 2006-08-22, 21:57
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Kind of like Nu-Metal.

Dunno if you consider them Metalcore, but I used to be in love with Killswitch Engage. I still like them alot, but I couldn't stop listening to "The End of Heartache." Kind of have that same feeling for Lacuna Coil right now.

BTW, I love those moments in life where you make the absolutely best choice in any decision-making situation. I chose Lacuna Coil's Karmacode over Atreyu's.... whatever album that was with the vampire-like woman on the front (Don't know too much about Atreyu, other than their lead vocalist brings down the energy in the band IMO).

Ha. I would have to say you picked the lesser of two evils but.......neither of those bands are nearly as evil as EMPEROR so there is really no point.
Old 2006-08-22, 22:22
Post-whore

yea botch is pretty badass too! check them out for sure.

matter of fact...i might just throw some on now..
Old 2006-08-22, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Ha. I would have to say you picked the lesser of two evils but.......neither of those bands are nearly as evil as EMPEROR so there is really no point.

Meh, I don't look for evil in music. However, I do avoid pussy music like Atreyu.... no offense to Christina Scabbia, who has a pussy.

I had to throw it in, but I don't think my joke was delivered well.

Quote:
Old 2006-08-23, 00:22
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Dont worry about that post ^

Metalcore = Between The Buried and Me

Hardcore = Terror

Listen and be enwisened.

I would have to say that BTBAM is more than just Metalcore. They have more versatility than most of the bands in the genre. I would say that As I Lay Dying fits. And they blow.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-08-23, 01:56
Life is pain.
Banned

You're an idiot. Between the buried and me, yes a million genre influences including death metal grindcore tech death hardcore jazz melodic metal but gee what is that metal at its core yes well that makes metalcore sorry next person to try and start a lame technical correction please.
Old 2006-08-23, 02:41
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Converge is fucking great stuff. I'm seeing them in September with Mastodon.

Botch is pretty cool, Mansley. A friend let be borrow a CD for a few days and I was impressed (although I've never been huge on that style of vocals). They've got some twisted riffage

Glad to see some of my recommendations are welcomed!

To the twat who equated metalcore with nu-metal: Just because you do not like a particular genre does not make it nu-metal. Remove your brain from your rectum, sputum nugget.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2006-08-23, 02:51
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Glad to see some of my recommendations are welcomed!

Always.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2006-08-23, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
I would have to say that BTBAM is more than just Metalcore. They have more versatility than most of the bands in the genre. I would say that As I Lay Dying fits. And they blow.

I only have one As I Lay Dying CD (Shadows are Security). They are an alright band, but from what it looks like, no one has told them how they can actually play at a different tempo. It seems all there songs are at like 170-190. IT's good music, but show some variety.

Quote:
Old 2006-08-23, 09:16
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
You're an idiot. Between the buried and me, yes a million genre influences including death metal grindcore tech death hardcore jazz melodic metal but gee what is that metal at its core yes well that makes metalcore sorry next person to try and start a lame technical correction please.

Lol, nice try.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-08-23, 09:24
Life is pain.
Banned

Ok well dude either way i dont care about what you call them becaus as long as a million other people say they are metalcore and they get brought up in metlacore talk like this thread and or in real life i really dont care.