Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2006-08-11, 07:21
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
do you get welfare or sumthin? Today at work i had to wear my pony tail.I actually didnt mind it that much.I looked like the singer of Cannibal corpse when his hair is up! Im gonna wear it down everyday until tey tell me to wear it up.

Nope. It's a nice system the British government has, they pay you for studying A Levels.
Old 2006-08-11, 07:42
Post-whore

nerd welfare huh?

how much do terrorist get an hour?

i might have to join the other side, maybe get a cushy gig making the explosive devices other assholes use to kill completely random and unimportant people to further isolate any sympathy anyone would have for whatever given cause i pretended to support for a paying job above that of my local burger king.

world leaders arent doing enough to escalate the end of times, in mean shit, alot of them believe in that stuff anyway.

this effects my future employment as a scrapherder and a possible recipeint of cancer due to fallout, which at this point will be totally worth it.
Old 2006-08-11, 07:45
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Nope. It's a nice system the British government has, they pay you for studying A Levels.

They never paid me, the bastards! Although it was eight years ago when I started my A-level studies...

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2006-08-11, 09:24
Senior Metalhead

Work sucks,music is better.
Old 2006-08-12, 00:54
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech

i wish i could be like a scrapherder, i wish the US was more fucked up, like almost post-apocalyptic. go out into wasted zones and find what there can be of use. hang out in junkyards and shit, carry a big knife

that is the coolest ambition i've ever heard of anyone having

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett
Old 2006-08-12, 14:57
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to KthalEhthrek Send a message via Yahoo to KthalEhthrek
I are play Cello in a Production Company. My hair isn't terribly long but I do keep it in a ponytail. I'm the only Celloist who keeps count by headbanging

Death "A Moment of Clarity"

Check out my band if you like \m/
Old 2006-08-12, 15:31
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by briyo2289
that is the coolest ambition i've ever heard of anyone having

Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed SuiÁmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.
Old 2006-08-12, 16:56
Senior Metalhead

I'm foreman for an irrigation company during the summer, and in the winter I'm a student lamer/hockey player
Old 2006-08-12, 17:40
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
I stock overnight at a grocery store. It pays quite well, plenty of overtime. I've been working 55 hours a week for the past month so I've had lots of extra pay.
Old 2006-08-12, 18:13
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Send a message via AIM to timedragon Send a message via MSN to timedragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by briyo2289
my parents made me cut my hair.

wow. now thats what i call heartless.

@ afarewelltokings: i wouldnt get all offensive about a request to tie your hair back. as far as im concerned, if its a picky sort of place (not skate/metal shop) you are at least a little fortunate to have the job and hair together. just tie it back. i wear mine back 90% of the time. yeah, thats me, not you, but the point is it isnt bad, in fact its a lot more convenient and looks better to your everyday person, especially at work.
Old 2006-08-12, 19:03
Post-whore

my school made me cut my hair

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy
Old 2006-08-12, 19:13
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
wow. now thats what i call heartless.

@ afarewelltokings: i wouldnt get all offensive about a request to tie your hair back. as far as im concerned, if its a picky sort of place (not skate/metal shop) you are at least a little fortunate to have the job and hair together. just tie it back. i wear mine back 90% of the time. yeah, thats me, not you, but the point is it isnt bad, in fact its a lot more convenient and looks better to your everyday person, especially at work.

Agreed. You have to learn to choose your battles and know in the workforce you aren't irreplaceable. If you can wear it down fine, but if it's more acceptable to wear it back then do it. Take it back down after work. It's not that big of a deal.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-08-12, 19:37
Post-whore

there is no real reason for a short hair policy, unless you work in some kind of lab or with food.

just as long as your hair is clean and you look presentable. i can see dreads being a no-no, but even those can be well kept.

alot of the short hair-du policies are arbitrary
Old 2006-08-12, 19:40
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I met a guy last night who cut his hair only once in his life, but it was because he didn't tie it up and nearly went through a wood chipper and had to chop it off in a matter of seconds or else he'd been toast.
Old 2006-08-12, 19:59
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Valtiel Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I heard video game testing is supposed to be a horrible joke..considering all you do it find bugs in the games?

Well it all depends on your outlook when it comes to video games. Obviously, if you arent a video game fan, it would be the worst job ever. But since I spend 90% of my time testing the PS3, get paid $12/hour with tons of overtime at $18/hour, get medical benefits, and get to hang out with a bunch of like-minded gamers all day im gonna go ahead and put in a vote for best job EVAR.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut
Old 2006-08-12, 20:05
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
i guess it helps if you test good games.
like i said, the guy i know who tests games tests for activision and he's doing a lame ass poker game.
Old 2006-08-12, 20:07
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to mrs. malicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
Well it all depends on your outlook when it comes to video games. Obviously, if you arent a video game fan, it would be the worst job ever. But since I spend 90% of my time testing the PS3, get paid $12/hour with tons of overtime at $18/hour, get medical benefits, and get to hang out with a bunch of like-minded gamers all day im gonna go ahead and put in a vote for best job EVAR.

dear valtiel, how do you get a job like that? i wanted to get a career as a character animator but this sounds like it'd be an entertaining thing to do for money in the meantime.
Old 2006-08-12, 20:18
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
When my eldest was a baby I had a job watching tv for NBC for a little while. All I had to do was turn to a particular channel when they called to tell me and let them know how the reception was. Then they'd call after the first commercials went off midway through a half hour show, and ask if the commercials came in okay and if there were any pauses or static. Then they'd call at the end of the show and ask about quality again and opinion of the show itself. I got paid $5 a show. It wasn't a real frequent thing, but I thought it was kinda cool.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-08-12, 20:19
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel

as cool as it sounds i dont know if i could play games all day. the pay sounds decent tho so id definately would take a job like that if offered

demolition is the funnest job for me. my favorite thing was ripping out plaster ceilings with the ferring strips. id get two hammers and just fuck.....shit.....up, pull down the whole ceiling on my head, deconstruction is cool too. ripping up tile floors im in heaven.

the shit makes you tough too, its like a hard workout everyday for 8-10 hours. take the bus home looking like you just killed a whole village and burned the place down, covered in burns<from grinders>and cut<falling debris>your hands all fucked up, dirt and woodchips all over your clothes. i love that shit
Old 2006-08-12, 20:56
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to BrokenCrimson Send a message via MSN to BrokenCrimson Send a message via Yahoo to BrokenCrimson
I want your job!

I love physical work, and that sounds awesome.