MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2006-06-27, 17:01
MegaBassPlayer
Senior Metalhead

one of the dissapointing bands for me would have to be Black Label Society. the music in the band is awesome but i can't stand the vocals. another would have to be Disturbed. they just suck.

Old 2006-06-27, 17:03
Djeez
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Anything more sophisticated than an errant fart in a bathtub will be punished through Canadian homoerotic fantasy.

I can take care of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Seriously though. You're the village idiot of an online metal BBS. THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING DUMB. Hushies now while the adults talk.

While the adults talk?Where the fuck do you think you are?You're on a fucking INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD man, get outta your flying blue dream.

Old 2006-06-27, 17:57
obrien20
Post-whore

Zakk vocals is great.

Old 2006-06-27, 18:05
MegaBassPlayer
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
Zakk vocals is great.

well thats your opinion but i'm still sticking with mine.

Old 2006-06-27, 18:14
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Zakk vocals is great.

yeah

Old 2006-06-27, 19:31
Lichmistress
New Blood

Hate Eternal
Their name tells how i fell about them, But they do have a kick ass drummer

Old 2006-06-27, 19:56
obrien20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichmistress
Hate Eternal
They had.

Old 2006-06-27, 20:12
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeez
Where the fuck do you think you are?You're on a fucking INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD man, get outta your flying blue dream.

Well said son.

Old 2006-06-27, 20:25
Lichmistress
New Blood

Quote:
They had.

oh yea 'had'
forgot

Old 2006-06-28, 04:01
HumanWaste
Metalhead

I guess I'm the only one who thought "Ghost Reveries" was Opeth's best album since "My Arms, Your Hearse"... . I have a hard time understanding how anyone can consider that album worse then the vomit that was Deliverance/Damnation, but to each his own.

On topic, the first band I always think of as dissapointing and unsatisfying is Necrophagist. I heard so much about the band, looked at their tabs (which nearly made me shit myself with their complexity), and anxiously downloaded "Epitaph". When it finished and I put it on, I listened to the whole thing. When it was over, I didn't remember one fucking part of it. I decided to try and give it a closer listen but turned it off before I got to song four. Muhammad might be the greatest death metal guitar player out there, but he cannot write an interesting riff to save his life. Not to mention the production sucked any form of heaviness out of it. What a bore.

Emperor sort of dissapointed me as well. Their first two were great, but after that...I don't know what happened. I haven't listened to Prometheus in ages, but last time I did I declared it the worst album I owned and tried to sell it.

Old 2006-06-28, 04:47
Doktorskell
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
Earth and Sun((((0000 what ever? I like a little doom and sloth but those guys are too lazy to change chords!

If thats your reason for not liking Sunn O))) then you obviously dont understand what they are trying to achieve. Its not meant to resemble the traditional idea of what Music is supposed to be. Sunn O))) is not for people who still hold on to the childish belief that music has to be Catchy and Melodic to be good.

+

Anyone can play a chord. But to play that chord and let it drone for half an hour AND Make it interesting takes a genius.

Old 2006-06-28, 06:22
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichmistress
Hate Eternal

I love them. It's a love or hate relationship I guess, you do or you don't.

Old 2006-06-28, 06:43
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorskell
half an hour

Hour and a half

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-06-28, 08:58
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Wow i'm actually surprising at how many people hate the flanged, robot vocals. I fucking love them. Damn. Oh well. Each to their own.

Little side question. If I did the robot vocals in a experimental Jazz/ Metal song (regardless of whether or not you like them), would I just be doing something that has been done a thousand times before, and is generally not interesting anymore... or do you think I could never be able to do such great robot vocals Cynic, Athiest, etc.

Actually I haven't heard much Athiest, need more.

Anyway, The flangey robot vocals, coupled with the aggresive growl / scream just fucking do it for me. Such a good alternative to monotonous growling/screaming. Cynic and Portal, and to some extent Athiest and even Alchemist, are reasons why I will probably never get sick of metal. Focus is easily my most listened album ever, yet I still enjoy it just as much with every single consecutive listen.

Ok, my opinion over, on with the bitching.

Agreed.

Old 2006-06-28, 09:12
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

k, 3 vs everyone else

Old 2006-06-28, 14:03
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWaste

On topic, the first band I always think of as dissapointing and unsatisfying is Necrophagist. I heard so much about the band, looked at their tabs (which nearly made me shit myself with their complexity), and anxiously downloaded "Epitaph". When it finished and I put it on, I listened to the whole thing. When it was over, I didn't remember one fucking part of it. I decided to try and give it a closer listen but turned it off before I got to song four. Muhammad might be the greatest death metal guitar player out there, but he cannot write an interesting riff to save his life. Not to mention the production sucked any form of heaviness out of it. What a bore.

Emperor sort of dissapointed me as well. Their first two were great, but after that...I don't know what happened. I haven't listened to Prometheus in ages, but last time I did I declared it the worst album I owned and tried to sell it.

As far as necrophagist is concerned, Onset is by far the better album. I, too heard Epitaph first, but was still very impressed. Onset still blows me outa the water everytime I listen to it. Necrophagist deserve all the hype they get.

I couldn't agree with you more on Emperor. Promethus is their worst album followed closely by IX Equilibrium which has maybe 2 good songs (I can't help it if I love Curse You ALL Men). However, I would have to disagree with you on only assuming Wrath of Tyrant and In the Nightside are the only quality albums. Anthems was my first Emperor CD, and I am loyal to any CD with Ye Entrancemperium and Thus Spake the Night Spirit.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-06-28, 14:29
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktorskell
Anyone can play a chord. But to play that chord and let it drone for half an hour AND Make it interesting takes a genius.

Lame. "Drone Metal" is for grandmothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-06-28, 15:22
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Testament.

Jungle Rot.

Well, I never actually wanted to get into Jungle Rot, but god they suck.

Old 2006-06-28, 15:33
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not was a complete fucking flop, what the motherfuck happened?

Decrepit Birth - Should go back to brutal days of 2003, Hyperblast metal need not solos, they are just doing what most other Death Metal bands are doing now.

Odious Mortem - Devouring the Prophecy is a fucking boring ass piece of shit, their demos were fucking cool though.

Cattle Decapitation - Well, they're just a boring band.

I have to disagree on OWN. Except for the vocals, Lord Worm just completely fucked it up. But as far as the instrumental goes, its the most interesting stuff they've ever done, in my opinion.

Agree with you on Decrepit Birth. It does'nt sound like they're really pushing themselves.

Agree/Disagree with you on Odious. I dislike the new vocalist, though the instrumental is off the wall.

And CD ... When PETA promotes your death metal band, your death metal band probably sucks and is just riding on its novelty of being vegan. I feel like Severed Savior or Psycroptic really deserve the promotion that CD is getting.

Old 2006-06-28, 15:54
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There shouldn't be a vegan gimmick. How many damn grindcore bands have been vegetarians and vegans at this point? 30,000? There's probably an exponentially greater percentage of grindcore vegans than in the general population (especially if you look on a worldwide scale, since many people don't have the luxury of avoiding animals) - and yet somehow Cattle Decapitation are different? Just a boring, derivative band with a boring, derivative 'political' platform. They also play every extreme metal show in this or any possible world.

Old 2006-06-28, 17:29
obrien20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
Testament.
AHhhhhhhhhhhh. John.

Old 2006-06-28, 17:35
Djeez
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWaste
I decided to try and give it a closer listen but turned it off before I got to song four. Muhammad might be the greatest death metal guitar player out there, but he cannot write an interesting riff to save his life.

You actually listened to my favorite riff of all time in song 3 at 2:50.

Old 2006-06-28, 18:26
younguitarist
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland

Agree/Disagree with you on Odious. I dislike the new vocalist, though the instrumental is off the wall.

I thought the new vocalist was good. Anthony's vocals sound more powerfull are have more range than Dan's vocals.

Old 2006-06-28, 19:14
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

I agree on Cattle Decap. They just bore the hell out of me.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-06-28, 19:17
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
They also play every extreme metal show in this or any possible world.

i saw them at least twice last year, and it damn sure wasnt on purpose

Old 2006-06-28, 19:24
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
AHhhhhhhhhhhh. John.

Yes, I noticed that too .I love Testament, but I can see what he means however..they are no Slayer.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-06-28, 19:41
low-tech
Post-whore

Sunn 0))) should have a drummer who plays a set composed of tympanies<however you spell that shit>and gongs, like really classical style percussion. id like to do that with my own band

emperor. my favorite emperor stuff is the stuff most people hate. i love equillibrium and the first split with enslaved? i forget the name of that band. equilibrium is one of greatest acheivements in self-parody a band could ever commit, thats the part i love, pitch bent chick vocals,chanting monk pavoratti dudes, fake violin sounds,bad<but very good bad taste> orchestral atmosphere, all 100% serious as cancer. the first split album is also a masterpiece because it sounds exactly like what it is. high school kids trying to create the most evil sounding band ever,completely failing, but making a great effort. all the other releases im not entirely familiar with,dont own and have only listened to some tracks off of. its good,innovative for its time, but nothing spectacular in my eyes.

satyricon. my bandmate worships them and ive heard alot more of them recently. i love the minimalism, the simplicity of the guitar and drums, granted frost is alittle too stiff and robotic at times. the premise of this band i like. but whats missing is overdrive, if they recorded albums like his hero is gone,infest, man is the bastard, any lo-fi crust album it would rule. the sound of blown to death speakers,dying amps,feedback,poorly tuned drums played with more violence than precision, real screams that distort when recorded by an analogue 4 track. i would really,really be into this band if they had a more aggressive delivery and a slight disregard for quality. a part of me will always love lo-fi, face melting,brain damaging music where you may not be able to hear everything distinctly but the end result is like a tsunami of total annihilation

my bandmate said the live show is dissapointing as well which is a bummer, apparently this tour they did a few years back they got a full line up and didnt stay true to the recordings.

Old 2006-06-28, 19:46
Hetoimasia
Metalhead

Most disappointing band: Spawn of Possession. End of story.

Old 2006-06-28, 22:23
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetoimasia

NO.

NO. NO. NO.

NO.

PST : Veganism and grindcore have long gone hand in hand, but Cattle Decapitation just suck.

Old 2006-06-28, 22:39
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore

All I can think of right now is new Arcturus...great music, but the vocals make it unlistenable.

Old 2006-06-29, 02:26
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmahswamp
All I can think of right now is new Arcturus...great music, but the vocals make it unlistenable.

How dare you insult the omniscient GARM!! BLASPHEMY!!

On that note, has anyone heard the new Ulver?? WHAT THE FUCK??

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-06-29, 05:06
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
Sunn 0))) should have a drummer who plays a set composed of tympanies<however you spell that shit>and gongs, like really classical style percussion. id like to do that with my own band

The drummer of Boris used a gong for Sunn live. I think having no precussion is the point though. Having it live would distract you from the low frequency trance-like state you are in.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-06-29, 07:58
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetoimasia

I can see this point of view. I bought Cabinet after hearing rave reviews but apart from a couple of songs the album was repetitive and a major let down. I prefer Visceral Bleeding by a country mile.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-06-29, 16:08
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:

?
Simen Hestnaes sings on the new Arcturus,Garm has left the band.
I was also a bit disappointed with him,Garm was much better

Old 2006-06-29, 17:10
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

I forgot, Hate Eternal. Some songs if you listen to them as just themselves not with the album aren't bad, but I just can't get through one album without being bored to death.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-06-29, 23:56
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore

Quote:

On that note, has anyone heard the new Ulver?? WHAT THE FUCK??

I love Garm's vocals...he didn't do them on Sideshow Symphonies though. Some guy that sounds like a jackass did. They're horrible.

Old 2006-06-30, 00:28
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmahswamp
Some guy that sounds like a jackass did. They're horrible.

The same guy who sang so good in Chaos Path.
That's why my expectations were high.
The guy who played with them live(from Spiral Architect)
was much better.